Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 05:41 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,094,485 times

Advertisements

Really? Bill Clinton's Wife for President and Barrack Obama's Wife for Vice President? Would that make Slick Willie a First Husband?
What would he do in the White House....charge $100,000 for private guided tours?
And What would Barrack do as husband of The Vice President? Go around playing scrabble with school kids?

So Bill Clinton's Wife has a few (I mean there are a few) qualities to be president. (I can't think of them off the top of my head, but it has been a stressful day.) But Barrack Obamas wife? what if Hilary kicks the bucket in office? And that is a possibility, seeing how she looks already.

One thing is for certain: If they do run, SNL, Tonite Show and Conan O'Brien will have SO MUCH material with which to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 06:31 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,780,213 times
Hillary, yes. Michelle, no. Hillary should pick Villaraigosa as VP.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:16 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And for that very reason I have always said, NEVER, give government the ok to increase taxes even if they are telling you it will be the other guy. They will always increase taxes on the middle class.

Obama said that the "middle class americans will not pay one more dime in taxes" and he lied.

And people thought Obama was going after the rich. No, he went after you to give to the rich.
How do you figure that? You're not even making sense.

First--the temporary hold on employee contributions to SS was just that--always intended to be temporary, and was put in place for stimulus reasons. You pay in money, and you get it back (and then some) when you retire. It's not a tax increase, and it didn't just impact the middle class. Everyone who is employed pays into SS. The only people it wouldn't impact are people who have zero income, or those who live entirely on capital gains. Even very wealthy people who are working make some of their money through wages--they usually pay themselves a salary (or earn one from an employer) on top of their investment income. They pay the employee contribution too. My high school aged children pay in from their part time jobs, just the same as Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Well, one thing about it, that would make my choice VERY easy: ANY other ticket!
Libertarian, Constitution, Anarchist, whatever, ANYBODY but those two!
However, Condoleeza Rice/Hillary might have potential.
first of all: I doubt either, certainly not both would make any attempt to lead our country. And next, no way would a ticket with the two of them get past 1st base, one or the other, maybe but not both. No way would Hillary even consider asking Michelle to be her running mate. I am guessing theyare not even civil to each other unless they are in public.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:15 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,769,784 times
Gag.

I'll tell you what. No first ladies and no Bushes.

Deal?

Old 03-17-2013, 08:56 AM

10,183 posts, read 11,171,567 times
Don't make me vomit... Old Hag Hillary and Homely Buck-Toothed Michelle. Lmao...

Old 06-21-2013, 07:42 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,571,986 times
Villaraigosa's political career is over; not only is he destitute, but this PC country isn't about to put an adulterer in the WH, an episode which undoubtedly cost him the governorship.

On top of that, his run as mayor of LA was a disaster, since he was never here to run the city to begin with, which is why he'll always be known to us Angelenos as 'the 11% mayor', representing the amount of time he was actually here to run the city.

Furthermore, he was really convinced that he would have gotten an appointment to Obama's cabinet after he was re-elected, which never happened.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:48 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,074,501 times
My take is that Michelle is going to drive away from the White House and never look back.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:10 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,113,535 times
Never gonna happen ... Michelle Obama hates politics, and the Clintons are not exactly fond of the Obamas.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:42 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,263,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Hillary and Michelle are not qualified to be president. Both are glorified housewives.
I would say Hillary is qualified but not Michelle Obama.

If Hillary runs she will be our next President. People for the most part are still satisfied with Obama even though his popularity has taken a hit recently, especially the under 30 crowd. I imagine in 2016 America will be ready to be through with Obama but not ready to elect a Republican. A Democrat WILL win in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections