Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 07:39 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,428,118 times

Advertisements

Conservative radio talk show hosts as well as some commentators on Fox News were alluding to the fact that Blacks were insane (bascially calling them dumb) for re-electing Obama for President when unemployment rates are the highest among black voters.

Even during the whole campaign and election, the Republicans were adamant about getting Obama out of office and tried to win the black vote by stating how bad off blacks are as a result of Obama's policies. How it would be just insane for blacks to reelect Obama when Rupublicans would be the answer for them.

Even if you want to look at the four previous Presidents' policies elected before Obama (three of them were Republicans), one thing that has been the same under all of those previous Presidents' administrations; blacks have typically been the highest unemployed of any group, highest group proportionately living in poverty, and the highest to need some type of government assistance. So to me and many blacks, it really doesn't matter who became president. We gonna keep getting what we have been, false promises to win our vote. At least this time, it's by someone who looks like us lying about helping our communites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 07:49 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Conservative radio talk show hosts as well as some commentators on Fox News were alluding to the fact that Blacks were insane (bascially calling them dumb) for re-electing Obama for President when unemployment rates are the highest among black voters.

Even during the whole campaign and election, the Republicans were adamant about getting Obama out of office and tried to win the black vote by stating how bad off blacks are as a result of Obama's policies. How it would be just insane for blacks to reelect Obama when Rupublicans would be the answer for them.

Even if you want to look at the four previous Presidents' policies elected before Obama (three of them were Republicans), one thing that has been the same under all of those previous Presidents' administrations; blacks have typically been the highest unemployed of any group, highest group proportionately living in poverty, and the highest to need some type of government assistance. So to me and many blacks, it really doesn't matter who became president. We gonna keep getting what we have been, false promises to win our vote. At least this time, it's by someone who looks like us lying about helping our communites.
A Black friend who votes Democratic told me that he's going to vote for Obama but he's not expecting this President or any President to do anything for him or change his life.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:50 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,428,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
A Black friend who votes Democratic told me that he's going to vote for Obama but he's not expecting this President or any President to do anything for him or change his life.
I guess you made my point. Thanks for the reply.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:05 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,464 times
Quote:

Dumb, no Moronically Stupid - YES.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:20 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,507,843 times
It's no suprise that conservative radio continues with the same horsepoop, spin and nonsense. Obama is the President of the United States not President of Black America. I think expanding access to funding for student loans directly helps poor under/unemployed minorities and others. Allowing kids to stay on their parents healthcare plan does the same. I think giving blacks and others a fair shot at a better education and health was a great start. A fair chance is all that anybody wants. None of that would've remained if Willard would've been elected. Lets be thankful that he's got his hands full pumping gas.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:51 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,643,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You just proved are bright some blacks are.. Not very...

Old 11-23-2012, 11:53 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,643,629 times
Quote:
You both proved it. blacks don't think, they just vote color..

Old 11-23-2012, 11:55 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
That's odd, I thought anyone who voted for Romney was dumb....guess it works both ways.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:56 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Just gotta love it how people only hear what they want to.

Every single MSN at one point or another told their viewers this year: "you have to be really ignorant to vote for <obama>/<Romney>"

obama got the african-american vote because of one thing:

You don't bite the hand that feeds you

This video was from the last election cycle and as we can see people didn't vote because of their knowledge of current affairs and intelligence....

How Obama Got Elected... Interviews With Obama Voters - YouTube

Old 11-24-2012, 12:39 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,604 times
Quote:
This would be great, if the GOP had any actual policies that would address this disparity. Fact is, they don't. And I'm not even sure what that policy would be - pretty much every study on the topic has found that Americans, in general, are far more likely to hire a white person, than a black person with the same or better qualifications, unless the difference in qualification is vast. The difference is, democrats actually recognize this, while republicans dive into century-old stereotypes of how black people are lazy (and then spin around and say that black people are taking jobs without being qualified for them).

Quote:
Actually, I feel the same way. I'm not gay or bi, I have a masters in Electrical Engineering, a massive nest egg for my age, health insurance, I'm not a woman, I'm fine with my taxes going up a bit. Obama is literally offering me nothing.

However, I *do* care that same-sex couples can't get married, that women face pay discrimination, that the rich pay incredibly low tax rates because of capital gains, that some people don't get health care, and that college tuition prices are skyrocketing. I didn't vote for me, I voted for the people that this society is currently dumping on. Also, still not okay with the whole "black people are satisfied with food stamps" "Obama's not really American" noise that so much of the GOP loves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections