Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 03:18 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times

Advertisements

The more I hear from this guy, the more I like. Again as I stated in another thread, I am center left and would vote for Christie over Hillary. I would probably vote for Rand over Hillary as well.

Most of these white republicans wouldn't do this.

Rand Paul Reaches Out to Black Voters at Howard University - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 03:39 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
The more I hear from this guy, the more I like. Again as I stated in another thread, I am center left and would vote for Christie over Hillary. I would probably vote for Rand over Hillary as well.

Most of these white republicans wouldn't do this.

Rand Paul Reaches Out to Black Voters at Howard University - ABC News
His biggest problem or one of them: his comments about civil rights. Whether taken out of context or not, it is going to hurt him in the end. Yes, I give him credit as well, but I disagree with you about whte Republicans; you are now showing your prejudice.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:06 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
His biggest problem or one of them: his comments about civil rights. Whether taken out of context or not, it is going to hurt him in the end. Yes, I give him credit as well, but I disagree with you about whte Republicans; you are now showing your prejudice.
when was the last time you saw a white republican male go into a black precinct?

ill cede you romney going before the naacp, outside of that, who else?

Old 04-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
still not sure why you would support Christie over Hillary, but back to the subject.

Are you saying you would vote for Rand simply because he went to Howard,or is there something he has actually done for you to vote for him.

As of now, the only things he has done is hold a filibuster for the answer to a question he had already gotten an answer to , and try to pass an abortion bill.

He went to Howard because it is part of his parties outreach to African Americans. I havent seen the whole speech, only clips, but i have seen nothing that would persuade me to vote for him.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
when was the last time you saw a white republican male go into a black precinct?

They do it all the time, there are plenty of black Republicans that run for congressional seats in majority black
districts.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:22 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Yup. He went to Howard U and showed everyone what a damn fool he is.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:54 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,942 times
Rand Paul to speak at historically black Simmons College in Louisville
Rand said on NPR today he was invited to speak there tomorrow:

Rand Paul talks to NPR's Michelle Martin about reaching out to African American community - YouTube

Old 04-11-2013, 09:12 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:

Who let the dogs out.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yup. He went to Howard U and showed everyone what a damn fool he is.
Yup. You posted this and let everyone know........

Old 04-11-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Yes some don't like to or don't want to talk about it. Not saying you don't. But we should imo. Same thing about flying the Confederate flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections