Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Ron Paul have a real chance at winning?
Yes 74 49.33%
No 76 50.67%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 06:31 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

I would vote for Ron Paul in a heartbeat and a lot of folks on this forum would. But does anyone feel he has a real chance winning espically with a lack of NATIONAL exposure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 06:46 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I would vote for Ron Paul in a heartbeat and a lot of folks on this forum would. But does anyone feel he has a real chance winning espically with a lack of NATIONAL exposure?
replace would with will and maybe he will win!

Old 11-11-2007, 08:03 AM

1,565 posts, read 4,310,854 times
He has been getting MAJOR press coverage, and tons of money. As long as everyone who likes him, believes he will win, and votes for him, he WILL win.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:43 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodi View Post
He has been getting MAJOR press coverage.
It may be a geographic thing. I live in the DC area and no one is talking about him here.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:49 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
It may be a geographic thing. I live in the DC area and no one is talking about him here.
no surprise there!

Old 11-11-2007, 12:19 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Everybody has a shot at winning, the primary is a pretty open race without an incumbant or sitting VP running for office.

I view his chances of winning at just above zero though. I expect Fred Thompson to be the Republican Party nominee when all is said and done. Though he is currently the front runner, I think Rudy can't get above 35% in the primary, and you need 50+% to win.

Regarding Paul, I think his Iraq votes will get him attention for a brief period, and the remainder of his record will doom him to a short stay in the spotlight.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:51 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I really want him to win and I have been telling EVERYBODY about him. If we can get a movement going on, then he will get national exposure and possibly win. I have told many professionals about him and they are now VERY interested since they are disillusioned with all the other corrupted candidates. Like myself, they didn't know who he was, I wanted to introduce them to him and they are looking him up right now. Whether they will vote for him, I don't know. But we must spread the news that there IS an ethical candidate out there! You don't have to choose a lesser of two evils when there is a GOOD person out there!

Old 11-11-2007, 02:15 PM
JMX

313 posts, read 1,175,258 times
Quote:
Yeah, because if Ron Paul had his way, most of them would be standing in the unemployment line.

Ron Paul is a proponent of a small federal government, so it's no surprise that people who are dependent on the federal government for their livelihood (media included) don't want to promote him. Something about biting the hand that feeds them.

But more and more people are realizing that our current government is seriously out of whack and real change is needed. Ron Paul can bring about those changes whereas all the other candidates will give us just more of the same. That's why support for Ron Paul is growing, and yes, he can win.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:36 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
One of the more refreshing things about Ron Paul is that a good many of his supporters don't actually agree with everything the man stands for. What they do agree on is that our system is heading south and people are pretty fed up with empty promises, double speak and the piles of bovine excrement the front runners are trying to feed them.

For the first time in quite a long time, many folks are putting aside all their side issues and ancillary concerns and demanding that their meat and potato issues are addressed. Be they old world traditional conservatives, libertarians, moderate democrats, fiscal republicans, or even the ticked off anti-war left, there is only one person who is even willing to address the most important issues at hand.

In case no one has been paying attention, the war IS the main issue this season, with growing concerns on our economic health. These two issues will be what pushes Paul to the front as he is the only one current on the side of the majority of the American people.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:09 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,716,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
One of the more refreshing things about Ron Paul is that a good many of his supporters don't actually agree with everything the man stands for. What they do agree on is that our system is heading south and people are pretty fed up with empty promises, double speak and the piles of bovine excrement the front runners are trying to feed them.

For the first time in quite a long time, many folks are putting aside all their side issues and ancillary concerns and demanding that their meat and potato issues are addressed. Be they old world traditional conservatives, libertarians, moderate democrats, fiscal republicans, or even the ticked off anti-war left, there is only one person who is even willing to address the most important issues at hand.

In case no one has been paying attention, the war IS the main issue this season, with growing concerns on our economic health. These two issues will be what pushes Paul to the front as he is the only one current on the side of the majority of the American people.
What's comical is that most people who don't support Ron Paul will only cite one or two reasons as to why they don't like him. But how many of them agree with everything the candidates they support say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections