Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 02:02 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,158 times

Advertisements

It is an article of faith among the tea party that the reason Mitt Romney, John Mccain, and Bob dole lost is because they were squishy soft republicans. If they had just elected a "true conservative", than millions of republicans voters would have come out. Explain to me why Ken cuccienli is about to lose in the governors race in Virginia? i'm reading different right wing articles, blaming establishment republicans for a lack of support and money. why is that? Why does he need money to explain he is for lower taxes, less regulation and whatever other nonsense he campaigns on? You know what he stands for. Where is the grassroots? Why isn't he exciting the base to come out and vote? I thought if you get a true conservative, that's all you needed? How is the washington establishment preventing you from coming out and voting?

Old 11-04-2013, 02:11 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,754,520 times
because the guy who he's running against is a left wing terrorist, who is running terrorist attack ads 24-7 all over the TV and radio. also, the third party candidate is taking votes from the republican candidate, as he should. he's the best of the bunch.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:39 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
because the guy who he's running against is a left wing terrorist, who is running terrorist attack ads 24-7 all over the TV and radio. also, the third party candidate is taking votes from the republican candidate, as he should. he's the best of the bunch.
LOL. Righties are so predictable.

I don't suppose it has anything to do with Cooch being totally corrupt, or his proposal to make oral sex illegal in Virginia.

Nope, it's all about his opponent.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
who cares what terry is saying? If ken is a true conservative, why does a 30 second ad from a democrat have any influence on what ken stands for?

Old 11-04-2013, 02:43 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
It is an article of faith among the tea party that the reason Mitt Romney, John Mccain, and Bob dole lost is because they were squishy soft republicans. If they had just elected a "true conservative", than millions of republicans voters would have come out. Explain to me why Ken cuccienli is about to lose in the governors race in Virginia? i'm reading different right wing articles, blaming establishment republicans for a lack of support and money. why is that? Why does he need money to explain he is for lower taxes, less regulation and whatever other nonsense he campaigns on? You know what he stands for. Where is the grassroots? Why isn't he exciting the base to come out and vote? I thought if you get a true conservative, that's all you needed? How is the washington establishment preventing you from coming out and voting?
Cuccinelli was outspent in the ad wars 25-to-1. You are misguided if you think a loss would equate to anything other than outsized demagoguery propped up by a huge warchest. And where did that warchest come from? McAuliffe spent his entire adult life raising money for other candidates. This was payback for all the years he spent begging for money for other peoples' campaigns. The Cooch was outspent. His message drowned out. Pure and simple.

(You folks hated Citizens United for a reason, right?)

Old 11-04-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
LOL. Righties are so predictable.

I don't suppose it has anything to do with Cooch being totally corrupt, or his proposal to make oral sex illegal in Virginia.

Nope, it's all about his opponent.
I don't know too much about any of them. I am in MD. all I know is the attack ads from the democrat candidate are borderline criminal.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
who cares what terry is saying? If ken is a true conservative, why does a 30 second ad from a democrat have any influence on what ken stands for?
so you're new to politics I guess? what they "stand for?" we just twice elected a sloganeer to the presidency.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:54 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,496,683 times
McAuliffe is as well-qualified as a candidate can get. Experienced political person. Successful business owner/generator. It's my hope that Virginia voters will reject the candidate of the American Taliban, and select someone who believes in our form of government.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
so you're new to politics I guess? what they "stand for?" we just twice elected a sloganeer to the presidency.
That doesn't square away with the mantra from republicans, that if you nominate a true conservative they would come out in droves for the candidate. That is my question to republicans. you have a true candidate, so that means republicans should be coming out en masse for this guy, yet according to polls, he is danger of losing. What is a 30 second ad by a democrat going to say, to prevent you from backing ken?

Old 11-04-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Cuccinelli was outspent in the ad wars 25-to-1. You are misguided if you think a loss would equate to anything other than outsized demagoguery propped up by a huge warchest. And where did that warchest come from? McAuliffe spent his entire adult life raising money for other candidates. This was payback for all the years he spent begging for money for other peoples' campaigns. The Cooch was outspent. His message drowned out. Pure and simple.

(You folks hated Citizens United for a reason, right?)
who cares what terry has to say. You have your true conservative. republicans should be coming out to vote for this guy. Again, what are the 30 second ads going to say to discourage you from voting for ken?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections