Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 03:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
There is NO WAY the GOP would nominate someone who is pro-choice for President. The Primary base simply would not allow that to happen.
totally pro choice, it might be tough, but then again, as I just mentioned what about Reagan and look how many years ago that was. If you are talking pro choice, as in, anytime and for any reason, regardless to the stage in the pregnancy, I think anyone would have trouble getting the nomination, regardless as to the party, if you are talking about first trimester and certain conditions I think you are wrong, but only time will tell.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:20 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
has nothing to do with what her stance on abortion is

she wouldnt be president because the majority of black american only support and cosign liberal blacks

even if she said she was gay liberals still wouldnt support her

on top of that she isnt married, single people cant be president because you cant bring random dudes/chicks to the white house to get your fkcu on

on top of that she has NO real interest in politics, well at least not potus/vp

Old 11-18-2013, 03:44 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
totally pro choice, it might be tough, but then again, as I just mentioned what about Reagan and look how many years ago that was. If you are talking pro choice, as in, anytime and for any reason, regardless to the stage in the pregnancy, I think anyone would have trouble getting the nomination, regardless as to the party, if you are talking about first trimester and certain conditions I think you are wrong, but only time will tell.

Reagan did change to become pro-life. Also we are in a much more ideologically driven era and the party divide on the issue is much greater. 30 years ago there was a large amount of elected Republicans in the House and Senate that were pro-choice, and same with pro-life Democrats. Now there is only a handful of both. The Primary electorate has changed considerably. A Pro-choice Republican might get by a Primary in certain states, same with a pro-life Democrat, however nationally the GOP has no chance of nominating a candidate that is pro-choice, nor does a pro-life Democrat have a chance of winning a national Primary.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:27 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ask almost anyone on CD if I have ever said I was opposed to equal rights for gays or anyone else. I am not ever 100% pro life; I do have a problem with abortion after a baby is able to survive on its own and I do have a problem with abortion being used as birth control, which we all know is done often. understand terminating a pregnancy if a mothers life is at stake, if a baby is severely damaged, in the case of rape and if a girl is under a certain age. You think Republicans don't agree with me( a good number of them) do you realize this is the exact bill, Reagan signed while governor of California in the 70s? Either you are not aware of this or you were not even old enough to understand that in the 70s. I certainly understand abortion: our granddaughter and husband was faced with the decision about 4 years ago. She was carrying a badly deformed fetus and she choose to terminate her pregnancy. I will add, she and hubby are Republicans and very much pro life.

It seems obvious you really don't know much about how Republicans really feel, you only know about the right wing extremist, so I guess we will just have to stop discussing this for now.

Jazzy Jeff, I am not sure that had much to do with his folding. he didn't play his cards right, he took a little too long to get into the running, indicating he really didn't care and his personal life, especially his kids turning on him had more to do with his failure to get support than his pro choice stand. I am not sure how many really even knew where he stood on the issue. Also it is important to remember, for many who might have known, it is hard to support a pro choice candidate that is also Roman Catholic.
Did I say anything about how you feel about equal rights for homosexuals? Or....was I talking about the Republican Party?

You do have a way of reading what you want to see into things instead of what actually is.

Like ignoring the FACT that Republicans all over this country are very, very busy introducing legislation specifically aimed at reducing women's rights.....and.....the FACT.... that everyone acknowledges but you: Republicans will NEVER run a pro-choice candidate.....a candidate that does not even support their official party platform......which is pro-life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections