Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 02:51 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times

Advertisements

Starting a thread with the phrase "the dirty cad" is hardly conducive to non-partisan, dispassionate conversation.

The OP itself is a virtual invitation to go trolling down memory lane; little else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 03:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Let's go back to where the thread started, Giuliani.

YOU are the one who attempted to make it a left/right issue.

I've been given good advice so I won't feed the troll
Actually I did neither. All I did was compare Giuliani and Clinton as being alike, (which you now admit they are) and state that the left liked one, funny how they dont like the other. I never slammed the left for the way they feel, I stated a fact, or are you disagreeing that the left liked Clinton but not Giuliani?

It was individuals here on the forum that started talking about the right throwing stones and them coming back to haunt them. I'm trying to exactly figure out what you mean by coming back to haunt us, since we are not pro Giuliani for the same reason we are not pro Clinton.

How exactly has the stones come back to haunt the right?

Old 12-15-2007, 06:07 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Is it just me, or do others find the fact that the left is criticizing Giuliani for being just like Bill Clinton funny?
Hillary Clinton is running for President, not Bill.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Soooo close it deserves a rep point for trying

I'm not stating vote for someone, or dont vote for someone, because of the actions of "Clinton" (or Bush).

I'm not stating that one is better then the other.

Not stating that one side is right, the other side is wrong.

I'm purely making an observation that no one here has disputed.

Bill might be running, depending on what day of the week it is..

At least you tried without the name calling.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:51 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,467 times
Giuliani was very pro illegal but now that it's necessary he claims to be anti-illegal as do all candidates. All dems and 'some' repubs candidates want no fence, cards for illegals to work here, a little punishment, but what is 'important' is they want NO deportation.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:30 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It was individuals here on the forum that started talking about the right throwing stones and them coming back to haunt them. I'm trying to exactly figure out what you mean by coming back to haunt us, since we are not pro Giuliani for the same reason we are not pro Clinton.

How exactly has the stones come back to haunt the right?
First you'd have to show me where I ever said 'haunt', you probably can't figure out what it meant because I didn't say it.
From the LA Times 12-05-07

Mike Huckabee, the ascendant Republican presidential candidate in Iowa, is enjoying a surge of support across the country -- and Rudolph W. Giuliani seems to be paying the biggest price, a Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll has found.

Huckabee has pulled into second place, close behind Giuliani, in the national survey of Republican-leaning voters.

Gee, nobody's pro-Giuliani and he's leading a national poll, imagine how well he'd be doing if anybody actually supported him

Old 12-16-2007, 05:47 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Quite true. However Hillary and Bill made it a mission to hunt down and persecute those in the military that fraternized with junior females...
The claim was that senior males were using their position of power to coerce sex from the women.
The President being the most powerful leader on earth tagging with Monica a virtual nobody????? Hypocrisy anyone???
Rudy on the other hand may have a strange or unusual libido but has not to the best of knowledge formed any witch hunts.
What I question about Hillary is one can forgive an indiscretion. But her hubby is a chronic indiscretion. Where is her pride? Or is it that Bill is good for votes? What ever the motivation she should at least be honest about it.
But expecting Hillary to be honest about anything is like expecting to see cows fly. Neither will ever happen. But then that's what you get from career politicians.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:25 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Quite true. However Hillary and Bill made it a mission to hunt down and persecute those in the military that fraternized with junior females...
The claim was that senior males were using their position of power to coerce sex from the women.
The President being the most powerful leader on earth tagging with Monica a virtual nobody????? Hypocrisy anyone???
I think Clinton was a sleaze to do what he did but I've never seen any credible accusations from the Monica corner that any coercion was involved, by all accounts she was a happily willing participant. Perhaps you can cite documentation otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Rudy on the other hand may have a strange or unusual libido but has not to the best of knowledge formed any witch hunts.
What I question about Hillary is one can forgive an indiscretion. But her hubby is a chronic indiscretion. Where is her pride? Or is it that Bill is good for votes? What ever the motivation she should at least be honest about it.
But expecting Hillary to be honest about anything is like expecting to see cows fly. Neither will ever happen. But then that's what you get from career politicians.

It's just amazing how quickly the concept of forgiveness is dismissed when both those who would forgive and those who would be forgiven are people one dislikes. I don't recall seeing that as a disqualifier for forgiveness in any Biblical writings. Maybe forgiveness just isn't a Christian concept?

And if there are motives to be discussed I'd like to lnow Rudy's motive for notifying a woman he'd pledged his loyalty to by announcing his desire for divorce at a public press conference. If he's truly such a spiteful, cheap shot artist it's something he should at least be honest about it.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
First you'd have to show me where I ever said 'haunt', you probably can't figure out what it meant because I didn't say it.
From the LA Times 12-05-07

Mike Huckabee, the ascendant Republican presidential candidate in Iowa, is enjoying a surge of support across the country -- and Rudolph W. Giuliani seems to be paying the biggest price, a Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll has found.

Huckabee has pulled into second place, close behind Giuliani, in the national survey of Republican-leaning voters.

Gee, nobody's pro-Giuliani and he's leading a national poll, imagine how well he'd be doing if anybody actually supported him
The highest % Giuliani has is 24%. Far from Clinton's 36%

Old 12-16-2007, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I think Clinton was a sleaze to do what he did but I've never seen any credible accusations from the Monica corner that any coercion was involved, by all accounts she was a happily willing participant. Perhaps you can cite documentation otherwise?
Those in the military also were willing participants.

p.s this forum is not about Clinton, so lets move back onto topic, I just compared the two, but did not want to move the topic to Clinton.

Last edited by pghquest; 12-16-2007 at 08:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections