Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 08:33 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The highest % Giuliani has is 24%. Far from Clinton's 36%

Nice segue, going from "we are not pro Giuliani" in a paragraph citing the collective 'right', even when he leads national polls, to he's not as far ahead as Clinton.

Perhaps you can explain how a candidate leads a national poll when he has no support? Or pass the dramamine, the spin's getting a bit much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 08:40 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nice segue, going from "we are not pro Giuliani" in a paragraph citing the collective 'right', even when he leads national polls, to he's not as far ahead as Clinton.

Perhaps you can explain how a candidate leads a national poll when he has no support? Or pass the dramamine, the spin's getting a bit much
You can change the wording around but it doesnt change what I stated. 74% of those on the right are not even looking at Giuliani, and none of this changes the fact that the left doesnt like Giuliani, but they did like Clinton.

I'm sure that some of those people on the right that do not support Giulini, do not support him.. BECAUSE he is like Clinton... disagree with that fact? (note.. Isnt this where we started?) I think your disagreeing with me for the sake of disagreement.

Giulini will get MY vote under one condition.. He wins the primary, and H Clinton is the Democratic nomination.

Last edited by pghquest; 12-16-2007 at 08:56 AM..

Old 12-16-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
You can change the wording around but it doesnt change what I stated. 74% of those on the right are not even looking at Giuliani, and none of this changes the fact that the left doesnt like Giuliani, but they did like Clinton.
I changed the words????????? It's a simple question, without support HOW does a candidate lead a national poll? That's a talent I'm sure a few pols in other parties would pay dearly for.

Quote:
I'm sure that some of those people on the right that do not support Giulini, do not support him.. BECAUSE he is like Clinton... disagree with that fact?

I wouldn't presume to think I know how/why the uptighty-righties think as they do about anything. I'm still trying to find where I said anything about 'haunting'as I've been accused of yet can't seem to find it. Maybe you can help?

Last edited by burdell; 12-16-2007 at 09:12 AM..

Old 12-16-2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I changed the words????????? It's a simple question, without support HOW does a candidate lead a national poll? That's a talent I'm sure a few pols in other parties would pay dearly for.

I wouldn't presume to think I know how/why the uptighty-righties think as they do about anything. I'm still to find where I said anything about 'haunting'as I've been accused of yet can't seem to find it. Maybe you can help?
The candidate lacks 74% of the votes.. Only by democratic count doe sthat mean he has huge support I guess..

The witch hunter's on the right didn't realize that sooner or later the stones they were throwing would come flying back at them.

Back to my original question, How has the STONES come "flying" back at them?

Wow, first you dont think they are alike, then they are alike, now they arent alike, or are you again stating that they still are alike? Your all over the board here. ALL I DID WAS COMPARE THE TWO, AND NOTE HOW ALIKE THEY ARE.. and your going off on this tangent, odd considering that you AGREED with my statement.

Are you arguing for the sake of arguing?

Old 12-16-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
The candidate lacks 74% of the votes.. Only by democratic count doe sthat mean he has huge support I guess..

The witch hunter's on the right didn't realize that sooner or later the stones they were throwing would come flying back at them.

Back to my original question, How has the STONES come "flying" back at them?
Seems pretty simple to me, the uptighty righties took great delight in whinimg about Clinton's sex-life, now the left is doing the same thing about Giuliani's sex-life. The stones tossed at Clinton are now being tossed at Giuliani, looks simple to me.

Quote:
Are you arguing for the sake of arguing?
No, I'm arguing because when someone claims a candidate leading a national poll has no support that's just a little too far removed from reality to accept.

It's like Yogi Berra saying "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded"
Apolitical and coming fom Yogi it's fine, HE has a good presentation and isn't saying it about a potential POTUS.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Seems pretty simple to me, the uptighty righties took great delight in whinimg about Clinton's sex-life, now the left is doing the same thing about Giuliani's sex-life. The stones tossed at Clinton are now being tossed at Giuliani, looks simple to me.

No, I'm arguing because when someone claims a candidate leading a national poll has no support that's just a little too far removed from reality to accept.

It's like Yogi Berra saying "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded"
Apolitical and coming fom Yogi it's fine, HE has a good presentation and isn't saying it about a potential POTUS.
Actually you started arguing with me going back to my comparison of Clinton - Giuliani, A statement you eventually admitted that you AGREED with.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Actually you started arguing with me going back to my comparison of Clinton - Giuliani, A statement you eventually admitted that you AGREED with.

I see your spin machine's at full RPM, look at the second post in the thread and just who it was who felt compelled to inject Clinton in a thread about Giuliani. I simply threw back the stones that were tossed.

EDIT ADDITION: I never disagreed that Clinton was sleazy, I disagreed with finding "the fact that the left is criticizing Giuliani for being just like Bill Clinton funny?"

WHY would that be funny? It's politics, fair game on one side is fair game on the other, you'd have to be very naive to believe otherwise.

That being said I think I'll spend this snowy day pondering the mystery of how a man with no support can lead a national poll, a conundrum worthy of a Zen master

Last edited by burdell; 12-16-2007 at 10:44 AM..

Old 12-16-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I see your spin machine's at full RPM, look at the second post in the thread and just who it was who felt compelled to inject Clinton in a thread about Giuliani. I simply threw back the stones that were tossed.

EDIT ADDITION: I never disagreed that Clinton was sleazy, I disagreed with finding "the fact that the left is criticizing Giuliani for being just like Bill Clinton funny?"

WHY would that be funny? It's politics, fair game on one side is fair game on the other, you'd have to be very naive to believe otherwise.

That being said I think I'll spend this snowy day pondering the mystery of how a man with no support can lead a national poll, a conundrum worthy of a Zen master
So after all of this, the whole issues comes back to the fact that you have no sense of humor? Something else it seems we agree on..

Old 12-16-2007, 09:28 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,863,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
If it hasn't already dawned upon people that Rudy Giuliani is the quintessential slime ball, then it never will. One does not have to try and point this out, it exudes from him like bad body odor from cheap booze, stale cigars mixed with an unwashed body.
I couldn't have said it better!

Rudy would be an absolutely awful nominee for the Republicans.

I say only "nominee" because, if nominated, he would never win the election. The base would not support him in November.

I doubt if Rudy could win a single Southern state!

Old 12-17-2007, 09:44 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
I think Clinton was a sleaze to do what he did but I've never seen any credible accusations from the Monica corner that any coercion was involved, by all accounts she was a happily willing participant. Perhaps you can cite documentation otherwise?

It's just amazing how quickly the concept of forgiveness is dismissed when both those who would forgive and those who would be forgiven are people one dislikes. I don't recall seeing that as a disqualifier for forgiveness in any Biblical writings. Maybe forgiveness just isn't a Christian concept?

And if there are motives to be discussed I'd like to lnow Rudy's motive for notifying a woman he'd pledged his loyalty to by announcing his desire for divorce at a public press conference. If he's truly such a spiteful, cheap shot artist it's something he should at least be honest about it.
Nobody claimed that she felt coersed. The point was that the Clinton admin hunted down those in the military for the same deed. Regardless of how willing the two parties were in the affair. People who were happy together were kicked out of the service for lesser offences. ie their affairs happened off duty off base. This V.S. using the oval office as the sleaze room.
Who cares about christian forgiveness. I don't. Its not part of business at hand. Besides Mr Clinton has a long history of such behavior.
My question was and is where is Hillary's pride? Or is her marrage more about Bill delivering a few extra votes.
By the way I am no big fan of Rudy. He represents the typical career politician that we really dont need. But then look at who we have to choose from. It seems honor, honesty, and back bone are missing in all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections