Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 01:52 PM

7,541 posts, read 11,579,521 times

Advertisements

Jon Huntsman is the only chance republicans have in 2016 but they will never nominate him. Any other republican has no chance of in hell of winning get ready another 8 to 16 of demarcate presidents are coming

Rand Paul & Cruz are to out there for most people
Jeb Bush the Bush name is tainted he would lose hard
Perry is a Joke he is running because he likes to be in the spot light
Christi never had a chance to being with people like him a little but not enough to win
Marco Rubio best chance he is not out there like the others but he will still lose

The wacko republicans and tea party have hurt republicans for a long time to come
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 02:12 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Sorry, we're done letting left wing nut jobs pick our nominee. Given the catastrophe the liberals inflicted on the country by electing Obama twice, maybe they should worry about the Democrat nominee for a change.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:19 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Sorry, we're done letting left wing nut jobs pick our nominee.
what about huntsman do you believe makes him the pick of "left wing nut jobs"?

Old 07-16-2014, 02:49 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,510 times
How did the left wing pick Romney...or McCain?

They were the only ones left standing after the primaries, where everyone else self-destructed.

They had to run so far to the right in order to secure the nomination that they never had time to reach a more centrist position, without a charge of flip-flopping because Americans' memories may be short but they aren't *that* short, before the election.

If you are blaming the 'media', they did the unthinkable -- they quote Romney and McCain correctly. We have the tapes.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:21 PM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
and the best chance the left had was bozo the clown.... and he won

Old 07-16-2014, 03:28 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
I doubt that Huntsman will run in 2016. He never even reached 4% in polling during the primaries. He was either last or next to last from Feb 2011 until he dropped out in 2012.

It would be tough for him to raise money for another run. For some reason there is an ongoing liberal obsession over Huntsman. I don't know why that is; supposedly he had a fairly solid conservative record as Utah Governor.

I don't think the calculus of swinging left/center/right matters as much as it used to. What matters most now is identity politics. Romney swung hard right during the primaries, and stayed there after he got the nomination. As a conservative, I was delighted w/ his rhetoric. Romney won 60% of the white vote, and I doubt that 60% of whites are hard right. But Obama won 80% of the non-white vote, and that was how he won.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:28 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Sorry, we're done letting left wing nut jobs pick our nominee. Given the catastrophe the liberals inflicted on the country by electing Obama twice, maybe they should worry about the Democrat nominee for a change.

Why should they worry? Until the GOP becomes competitive on the coasts, where people live in densely populated states, the Dems can nominate whomever they wish..knowing they will win the office of POTUS.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:47 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Jon Huntsman is the only chance republicans have in 2016 but they will never nominate him. Any other republican has no chance of in hell of winning get ready another 8 to 16 of demarcate presidents are coming

Rand Paul & Cruz are to out there for most people
Jeb Bush the Bush name is tainted he would lose hard
Perry is a Joke he is running because he likes to be in the spot light
Christi never had a chance to being with people like him a little but not enough to win
Marco Rubio best chance he is not out there like the others but he will still lose

The wacko republicans and tea party have hurt republicans for a long time to come
You really think so. You sound like a Democrat, Peace , Love Dope. I did not like his undisciplined campaign then and he is so far off the issue I do not know where to begin.

Wacko I do not think so. As 2016approches we will see back to Conservatism and pro-business , Like Gov. Perry.

Americans is tired of weak leadership and Perry is definitely a top candidate.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:48 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Jon Huntsman is an extremely intelligent individual who would make a splendid president, and I say that as a leaping, screaming Liberal. He is a moderate, and has a lot of good ideas that should make him imminently electable. Obama presented himself as a liberal, but he has proven to be Bush lite. He is actually to the right of center.

One of Huntsman's ideas was to eliminate homelessness by housing the homeless, and he had the numbers to prove that it would save the state money. The republicans shot him out of the saddle.

That said, the Democrats don't need to worry about a candidate. Hillary will run, and she will win handily. I hate to see this. I don't like her in the least, but all of her republican opposition on the horizon at the moment is composed of retreads, narcissists, and loons, or a combo of the three. It's hers to lose. I just hope she takes Liz Warren to the WH with her.

Unless the republicans can field a moderate candidate, they will not regain the WH for a long time to come. There has to be something done to make the GOP more appealing to youth, ethnic groups, and women. As Lindsay Graham said, there aren't enough "angry white men" warming up in the bullpen to keep them viable for too many more election cycles.

http://gawker.com/5939404/sen-lindse...to-sustain-gop

Old 07-16-2014, 05:02 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Jon Huntsman is an extremely intelligent individual who would make a splendid president, and I say that as a leaping, screaming Liberal. He is a moderate, and has a lot of good ideas that should make him imminently electable. Obama presented himself as a liberal, but he has proven to be Bush lite. He is actually to the right of center.

One of Huntsman's ideas was to eliminate homelessness by housing the homeless, and he had the numbers to prove that it would save the state money. The republicans shot him out of the saddle.

That said, the Democrats don't need to worry about a candidate. Hillary will run, and she will win handily. I hate to see this. I don't like her in the least, but all of her republican opposition on the horizon at the moment is composed of retreads, narcissists, and loons, or a combo of the three. It's hers to lose. I just hope she takes Liz Warren to the WH with her.

Unless the republicans can field a moderate candidate, they will not regain the WH for a long time to come. There has to be something done to make the GOP more appealing to youth, ethnic groups, and women. As Lindsay Graham said, there aren't enough "angry white men" warming up in the bullpen to keep them viable for too many more election cycles.

Sen. Lindsey Graham: Not Enough 'Angry White Guys' to Sustain GOP
Hillary has no Chance. All we have to do is run down the list.

White Water to Benghazi

Huntsman is too Democrat for me and I am frankly surprise that Jon Huntsman is not running for the Democratic Ticket.

I do care for any public leader supporting and legalizing any drug that dumbs down America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections