Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 10:07 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,972,568 times

Advertisements

So his platform is the same as Obama's was. Mmmmk.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:10 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,419,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
So his platform is the same as Obama's was. Mmmmk.
Nope. His platform was cut taxes, cut taxes, cut taxes.

"uhh... Scott, what about jobs?"

"Don't worry, tax cuts create jobs!!!!"

Sorry Wisconsin. You might want to get the crook out of office. States with Democratic governors on the other hand are doing pretty good these days.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:40 PM

22,218 posts, read 19,520,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
You hold onto that. I'll check back with you after Walker wins.

We will see. FWIW, I'm not saying he will lose, I think this race is a pure tossup at this point, neither side should remotely think they have it in the bag.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:52 PM

29,632 posts, read 16,616,922 times
This thread is proof that most politics is nothing but talking points

What has he actually done for the people of Wisconsin ?

" he fought the Unions and won"

But how did that help the people of Wisconsin

" it stopped corruption"

What corruption and how ????

"ummm"

Old 09-16-2014, 05:47 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,874,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He's drastically cut back the amount of control that corrupt labor unions have over the state and it's workers, the people of WI greatly support that.

Unions that conspired with those evil teachers of our children! What a brave hero that Walker is!

Old 09-16-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Walker will will easily win.
Romney thought he would easily win too.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2014 - Wisconsin Governor - Walker vs. Burke

Old 09-16-2014, 05:56 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,068,447 times
Leftists' obsessive hate for this guy is bizarre. I mean, he's just a state governer. Of not even a very large/significant state. They have an irrational fear of him, for some reason?

Old 09-16-2014, 05:58 PM

39,112 posts, read 51,356,528 times
Wisconsin is the Koch's laboratory. They will throw millions and millions into keeping their man in office.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Leftists' obsessive hate for this guy is bizarre. I mean, he's just a state governer. Of not even a very large/significant state. They have an irrational fear of him, for some reason?
Why would say the left hates or is afraid of Walker? This thread is based on facts relating to Walker's ability to campaign effectively.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:06 PM

29,226 posts, read 22,446,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why would say the left hates or is afraid of Walker? This thread is based on facts relating to Walker's ability to campaign effectively.
A lot of it has to do with the failed recall.

Even though some of the movers and shakers who pushed through Walker's programs got recalled, Walker escaped.
He is the only Governor in history to survive a recall.

So now, he's like the Republicans were after Clinton's impeachment fell apart. Just like them, a lot of Democrats now hate and fear Walker.

Personally, I don't hate or fear him. I think all that hoo-rah was more a product of the times than any indication of Walker's leadership abilities or his popularity among members of his own party.

I'm sure that back then, there was a great amount of "They can't get away with that!" coming from both his supporters and the others, and I'm also sure there were a bunch of voters who feel any recall of a legally elected official is wrong, period. They always exist.

These days, Wisconsin is in much deeper financial trouble than it was during the recall. Part of their troubles came from Walker, and part came from the lingering recession that still plagues the state, but voters from both parties are growing sick and tired of it.
That Walker promised a much better job situation if he was elected and totally failed to deliver, only makes it the worse for him. He's turned out to be a thorn in everyone's side.

I'm not a mind reader, but I've seen clowns like him before; they always manage to get elected once, but by the second time around, the voters always have grown tired of them and their divisive ways. Idaho has had it's share of these guys; the last was Bill Sali, the guy who thought that cutting pine trees for their turpentine would relieve the oil shortage.

I don't think Walker isn't going to be a shoo-in this time around. He may win, but if he does, it will be by the skin of his teeth. Clown approval only goes so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections