Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 06:45 PM

601 posts, read 460,518 times

Advertisements

Even Romney was smart enough to avoid the guy...
Mitt Romney keeps distance from Rick Scott in Florida - James Hohmann - POLITICO.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 10:38 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,389,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh look he committed massive fraud, and then used the proceeds of that fraud to pay a fine and not go to jail.

Yeah that sounds like justice all right. He belongs in prison.
Shoot. Both of them are huge fraudsters. Scott's just as covered with the black mold of old fraud as Christie, and neither's fraud seems to bother the voters of Florida very much.

I don't think the voters care about much of anything like these charges as long as the Social Security checks and MedicCare payments don't stop. that's about all that clouds the geezer's sunny days down there. Voting is a participatory sport for them, I think, something that breaks up the comfortable boredom of their existence.

I think this race is all about the personalities of the contestants more than anything else now. Scott got slammed hard for walking out of a scheduled debate when he spotted a small floor fan in front of Christie's podium the other day.
One of his requirements he gave to the debate's host was the prohibition of all electronic devices in the room, and he tried to claim a fan was an electronic device. In a state that must have millions of them.

Strange dude.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
One of his requirements he gave to the debate's host was the prohibition of all electronic devices in the room, and he tried to claim a fan was an electronic device. In a state that must have millions of them.

Strange dude.
Gov Scott has previously stated that he isn't a scientist so that could possibly expain his ignorance.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:35 PM

Rick Scott on delaying an execution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PPRdUE2Cq0

Old 10-23-2014, 12:04 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,342,986 times
I thought Crist did way better in the debate. But at the same time things have improved considerably for Florida under Rick Scott. Unemployment is down from almost 12% to 6.1% and U6 unemployment in Florida is down from nearly 20% to 13%.

Alternative Measures of Labor Underutilization for States

I stand with Crist on most of the issues, both social and fiscal, but at the same time I don't want Florida's improvements over the past few years to come to a halt.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I thought you were voting in the Colorado election?
How many times do I have to answer this for you? Read the thread and you will see my response to the first time you asked me this question.

And my response this time. Its none of your damn business where I vote! And never, ever, have I mentioned voting in a Colorado election. I live in Colorado currently, but I am not voting there nor have I ever mentioned in any of my posts that I was.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I thought Crist did way better in the debate. But at the same time things have improved considerably for Florida under Rick Scott. Unemployment is down from almost 12% to 6.1% and U6 unemployment in Florida is down from nearly 20% to 13%.

Alternative Measures of Labor Underutilization for States

I stand with Crist on most of the issues, both social and fiscal, but at the same time I don't want Florida's improvements over the past few years to come to a halt.
I am one of those who do not think debates make a huge difference unless one candidate does something really stupid, like happened here last week. I also do not think many minds are made up by endorsements.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am one of those who do not think debates make a huge difference unless one candidate does something really stupid, like happened here last week. I also do not think many minds are made up by endorsements.
There are a lot of issues that Scott has moderated on over the last couple of years and I just didn't know his stance at all. Like Medicaid expansion for instance. I was hoping to get a clearer picture of his thoughts.

Unfortunately, Scott is just a terrible public speaker and communicator. I was very disappointed in his response when Medicaid came up. He had this opportunity to explain what he wanted to do for the people of Florida and he just kind of lambasted Obamacare and Crists half hearted approach to the law when it was passed years ago.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
There are a lot of issues that Scott has moderated on over the last couple of years and I just didn't know his stance at all. Like Medicaid expansion for instance. I was hoping to get a clearer picture of his thoughts.

Unfortunately, Scott is just a terrible public speaker and communicator. I was very disappointed in his response when Medicaid came up. He had this opportunity to explain what he wanted to do for the people of Florida and he just kind of lambasted Obamacare and Crists half hearted approach to the law when it was passed years ago.
I think being a poor public speaker is such a negative in debates. We all saw this when Perry was running for President: he admitted he was a poor speaker and debater, plus he had just recovered from back surgery and was on pain pills or so we were led to believe. Would he have gotten the nomination? Probably not, but he would have gone a lot further if he had done better in the debates. That was one time debates made a huge difference. I just don't think they do as a rule.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:48 AM

22,194 posts, read 19,479,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

I would generally agree. I think as a whole the cases when debates impact races aren't so much when one candidate has a knock it over the wall performance, but rather when one candidate just completely screws up. This is also a key reason why regardless of party, it is rare to see a candidate that is ahead comfortably agree to many debates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections