Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 05:27 PM

751 posts, read 1,180,485 times

Advertisements

Recent polls show Barrack Obama more than 10 points ahead of Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire. Any doubts that this man will be our next president?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 05:30 PM

607 posts, read 923,770 times
Right, because one state decides everything?
By the way, his name is Barack Obama.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:41 PM

21 posts, read 11,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Recent polls show Barrack Obama more than 10 points ahead of Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire. Any doubts that this man will be our next president?
Any doubt that Barack Obama will be our next president? Many.

Wasn't it just a few months ago Hillary was ordained as our first woman president?

It is far too early for anyone to assume victory. I have two words of caution: Howard Dean.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,160,885 times
Suffice to say it will be interesting in the next few weeks till Super Tuesday in February

Old 01-06-2008, 05:46 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,542,408 times
Quote:
I think the Dems are screwed with EITHER Obama or Clinton. Im not any sort of political pundant, but in my opinion it would be best for the Dems if Edwards was the nominee.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,160,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
I think the Dems are screwed with EITHER Obama or Clinton. Im not any sort of political pundant, but in my opinion it would be best for the Dems if Edwards was the nominee.
The GOP's firepower is weak at best.

No Colin Powell to stir up the pot.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:52 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,615,155 times
Quote:
If I was voting Democratic, I'd rather see him then her. I'd much rather see a man in the white house than a woman.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:58 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,172,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
For the Dems, but not for the country. I want to know how any of these people are planning to pay for their plans.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:03 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,542,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
For the Dems, but not for the country. I want to know how any of these people are planning to pay for their plans.
So would I. You think that would be a basic question of debates. A candidate offers up a new program, the moderator asks how will it be payed for.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:07 PM

48,182 posts, read 22,028,673 times
I am supporting Edwards but think that the Democrats, unlike the Republicans, have at least three candidates who each could be an excellent President. They are different in style and some details, but each would be able to address the shambles that GWB will be leaving behind as a result of his disasterous experiment in ego driven governance.

Make no mistake about it; he leaves a very dangerous world and an economy on the brink of collapse and the United States more disrespected and weakened than at any time in history. It will not be a cake walk and it maybe that terrible things will occur such as a nuclear terrorist attack on an American city.

But either Obama, Clinton, or Edwards will at least be able to honestly assess and address the issues.

We also have several excellent vice presidential possibilities such as Richardson, Dodd
and a host of excellent cabinet potentials.

The next year will be difficult with bush still trying to hang on and build a legacy (after 7 years he should just give up...but desperate men are dangerous men...so God Help Us and God Save America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections