Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:58 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Good point about the Muslim countries. I would think it would be a very strange dynamic for foreigners...heck, for anybody...to see Bill and Hillary together again but now all of a sudden Hillary is "the boss" and Bill is the ornament at her side, instead of the other way around.
Not really, stuff like that happens in foreign countries all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 10:59 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuAnn245 View Post
can you site some links on all these "movers and shakers" most of the saudi countries have little to no regard at all towards women, find it hard to believe they think Bill/Hill would be that squared away. She still looks like shes been thru the wringer tho even in this century.
Hillary's Unprecedented Experience on the World Stage:

Lissa Muscatine and Melanne Verveer: Hillary's Unprecedented Experience on the World Stage - Politics on The Huffington Post

But honestly, the US needs to get OUT OF BED with Saudi Arabia. Not further INTO bed.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:59 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Good point about the Muslim countries. I would think it would be a very strange dynamic for foreigners...heck, for anybody...to see Bill and Hillary together again but now all of a sudden Hillary is "the boss" and Bill is the ornament at her side, instead of the other way around.
But think about President Hussein Obama. Holy Allah. They'd aspirate their hookahs.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:00 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Her accomplishments are amazing -- yet it seems no one ever talks about them! I'd like to order 1,000 "Hillary Clinton Cares About Families" bumper stickers to pass out around here.
But that's part of the problem. I don't WANT her caring about my family. I want her leaving my family alone. That's what I want from pretty much any politician.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:05 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
And it makes me sick what a female candidate has to endure in these elections. First, they made fun of her pantsuits, said she didn't look feminine, and even tried to paint her as a lesbian. Then, they made a big to-do about a half-inch of cleavage showing from one of her blouses, said it was "un-feminine" for her to respond sharply to criticism, and now make a federal case out of her getting choked up very briefly at a discussion.

Even though half of the country is female, the U.S. is apparently not beyond the "politics is a man's business" mentality and it's really sad. Women such as Hillary have made positive contributions and shown themselves to be good leaders but it's still not enough to change the Neanderthal mentality that a U.S. president HAS to be male.

I'd vote for a green-skinned hemaphrodite if I agreed with his/her policies. I don't think she's getting picked on because she's a woman. She's getting picked on because she's just not a likable person, with a slimeball for a spouse, and intrusive, nanny-state policies that rub a lot of people the wrong way. She's insufferably condescending and pandering, too.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:05 AM

365 posts, read 699,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Hillary's Unprecedented Experience on the World Stage:

Lissa Muscatine and Melanne Verveer: Hillary's Unprecedented Experience on the World Stage - Politics on The Huffington Post

But honestly, the US needs to get OUT OF BED with Saudi Arabia. Not further INTO bed.
she visits, she talks, thats about it mostly, dont see her mingling with many single AMERICAN WOMEN.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:14 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
All fine and dandy, but how does that make her this experienced and seasoned politician I keep hearing about? So she worked for a legal aid clinic, was an attorney, and married Bill. So what?
Um, I had posted a lot more than that but it was cut by the Mods. Understandable, since it was quite lengthy. You are welcome to go to the link provided and read the rest, which is why they provided the link.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:34 PM

607 posts, read 923,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
She is personally known by many movers and shakers throughout the world. They respect her and her husband. Like it or not, foreign policy is THE #1 duty of a president.

She's been through the wringer in the 1990s and personally experienced the harsh reality of getting sweeping reforms passed.

She's a two-term senator who HASN'T been absent from the floor because he's spent the majority of his one term running for president.

There's a reason why they used to say Hillary ran the Clinton white house.
So, your response to my assertion that she is not a seasoned politician is that
1) she knows "movers and shakers" whoever they may be
2) she dealt with losing on health care
3) she has had good attendance

?????? Once again... no evidence she has "35 years" of qualified experience.

And teatime, I just read that article you posted. It's funny how the world apparently has respect for her "new internationalism" that calls for a "balanced use of military force, diplomacy, and social development" i.e. further expansionism of American ideals, which is contributing to all this terrorism we are so-called "fighting"! I, on the other hand, will not buy into her cons.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:52 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuAnn245 View Post
she visits, she talks, thats about it mostly, dont see her mingling with many single AMERICAN WOMEN.
Who is mingling then???

Old 01-08-2008, 06:26 PM

365 posts, read 699,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Who is mingling then???
from what Ive observed, NOBODY, thats just the problem, shes all for middle America, but I dont see her in there with the likes of people like that, if so, lets see it again in links, Princess Diana and Hillary seem the same to me = tokens of Camelot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections