Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 04:30 PM

2,798 posts, read 3,004,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Mia Love tells lawmakers about health care repeal efforts - Washington Times

Mia Love was one of my most-loved candidates of 2014 and she is already proving her mettle after winning her election.
Bless her heart, fighting to give poor people freedom from the ability to pay their medical bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 05:12 PM

6,273 posts, read 5,101,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So don't read the posts. CD has an excellent feature for posters who are 'just plain weird:' the ignore list.

I have explained several times why I see her as a potential conservative star. She is a great communicator and orator, and is evidently steeped in individualism. What other freshmen congress critter, when asked to name her favorite economist, would reply 'Bastiat.' What other congress critter would sum up her political philosophy w/ one word: "agency." One definition of 'agency' offered by Meriam-Webster is "a person or thing through which power is exerted or an end is achieved." So Mia is talking about the capacity of individuals to make decisions for themselves, without the intrusion of Washington DC. She explicated this in a speech when she said (paraphrase) "when government gets bigger, individuals get smaller."

She is the personification of 'happy warrior' and has a background in acting. We had another conservative politico like that a few years ago who did ok.
I agree that she is a rising star. I find her engaging, intelligent, charismatic, and her positions are often my positions. The only point I was making with my previous post is that all politicians work for us, are paid by us, should be accountable to us, and can be fired by us.

All of them are unworthy of rock star status. All I want them to do is the job we pay them to do. When they're done doing the job we pay them to do, they can go on with the rest of their lives. That's all I want from my plumber. That's all I want from my accountant. That's all I want from the girl behind the counter at Burger King. That's all I want from my politicians.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,312,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
As a reality check for you, how many times was this law breaking governor elected? Wasn't it four times? And you think his behavior just started when he was caught?

Your judgment on your politicians ethics is highly suspect.

As for my representatives, no they do not always do what I want, but they have broken no laws and removed from office for those actions.
Again, he hasn't actually been committed of breaking any laws, but we do take corruption very seriously and deal with it accordingly. Your opinion of our judgment of our politicians is of no concern to us. We have a standard we hold our politicians to and deal with that accordingly when they do not live up to that standard.

Just because your representatives haven't been removed from office, doesn't mean they haven't committed any corruption, it might just mean no one has bothered to investigate into any potential corruption.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:02 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,583,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Again, he hasn't actually been committed of breaking any laws, but we do take corruption very seriously and deal with it accordingly.
Quote:
Your opinion of our judgment of our politicians is of no concern to us.
We have a standard we hold our politicians to and deal with that accordingly when they do not live up to that standard.

Just because your representatives haven't been removed from office, doesn't mean they haven't committed any corruption, it might just mean no one has bothered to investigate into any potential corruption.
Of course this statement applies as much to you as those that you disagree with, right? No matter how much you criticize all other politicians, right?

By your own statement you have no right to judge others by your own supposed standards.

BTW, do you speak for all in your state, or just pretend to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections