Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 04:42 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,907,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I couldent have said it better

You and I are both in our late 20s and honestly, almost all Republicans and conservatives our age that I know do not really care about the social issues. Either they approve it, or they don't discuss it. It's not an issue to us.
We are the future. This is why the GOP must change, lest it die off with those it once pandered to.

I really do see some slight changes that have taken place. The opposition to gay nmarriage for instance, isn't "quite" as pronounced and vicious as it maybe once was. Pot is another issue that more and more conservatives are moving toward the center with. Immigration? We have Repubs like Rubio and Jeb Bush that are willing to make some sensible compromise.

The curtains haven't closed on the GOP quite yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 05:32 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
We are the future. This is why the GOP must change, lest it die off with those it once pandered to.

I really do see some slight changes that have taken place. The opposition to gay nmarriage for instance, isn't "quite" as pronounced and vicious as it maybe once was. Pot is another issue that more and more conservatives are moving toward the center with. Immigration? We have Repubs like Rubio and Jeb Bush that are willing to make some sensible compromise.

The issue is if the entire base wants to re-align. Just look at the "independent conservatives" that flock C-D's politics threads that claim we need to be following the constitution.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:20 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,907,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The issue is if the entire base wants to re-align. Just look at the "independent conservatives" that flock C-D's politics threads that claim we need to be following the constitution.
We DO need to be "following the Constitution".....!!!! Without the rule of law, we are nothing. We have no rights, and the government is unchecked in it's power.

Are you saying we shouldn't follow the Constitution? Our founding document?

Old 03-01-2015, 07:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
We DO need to be "following the Constitution".....!!!! Without the rule of law, we are nothing. We have no rights, and the government is unchecked in it's power.

Are you saying we shouldn't follow the Constitution? Our founding document?
We have an abolitionist attitude among Progressives.... The Constitution doesn't matter. The end justifies the means to them.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:18 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
It's a race against the clock, will the forces of sanity be able take over before these dinosaurs completely destroy the party? I truly believe that the 2016 election is the last chance to save the GOP from the lunatic wing of the party.
The only lunatics are those who think the one size fits all, big government works. Both parties are the same. Bail out their own buddies and wage never ending wars in the Middle East.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:33 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,774,879 times
Quote:

I agree. The rep party will change because it must if it is to survive.

The interesting question is what religious conservatives will do then.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The only lunatics are those who think the one size fits all, big government works. Both parties are the same. Bail out their own buddies and wage never ending wars in the Middle East.

You will never establish a democracy, where the national religion forbids it.
No matter how many puppets the USA and Britain try to establish, where leaders of the hierarchy have already been chosen for decades, the WEST will never get it, resulting in conflict for 1000's of more years, paid for by the blood, sweat & tears of USA.(Remember the fall of Rome)

We are no different now than us pushing the native indians, the red coats ramsacking homes killing who they wish, or Hitler was in his day, trying to eliminate religious beliefs for his benefit, while taking over the governments of nations.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Look how the GOP has changed since the Bush days.... Bush would not win a primary today.
The way to change a party is from within, or no longer win a presidential election and the change everyone so desires only comes from a bloody revolution.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:48 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,015,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Can they form their own party? Maybe they could occupy Miss, Ala, Ark, Tenn, Kentucky, West Virginia Louisiana and So Carolina and secede from the rest of us?

Old 03-01-2015, 07:56 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,774,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Can they form their own party? Maybe they could occupy Miss, Ala, Ark, Tenn, Kentucky, West Virginia Louisiana and So Carolina and secede from the rest of us?
Of course they can, but third parties have a tough time surviving in the US, since our winner-take-all system mathematically drives us toward a 2-party system.

Secession? Good question.

I think the same issues that doomed the previous secession effort would likely doom a new one, but my crystal ball does not work all that well, so who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections