Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 12:31 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,790,951 times

Advertisements

Eeeeebil Librul here!

I can't say that I'm enthused about Hillary- she's way too authoritarian for my tastes. But I AM looking forward to the weeping and gnashing of teeth when she's elected. The tinfoil-hat market will be BOOMING as right-wingers retreat into apocalyptic fantasy- some going Full Jihad.

But what really matters to me is Supreme Court nominations. Democrats ain't perfect- far from it. But during my lifetime Republicans have shown nothing but contempt for civil rights and the rule of law. So I'll be happy to see some sanity maintained and possibly restored to the court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 01:21 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,841,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The WSJ reports that she will officially announce her candidacy for 2016 next month.
Hillary Clinton Seen Launching Presidential Bid in April - WSJ

She has a ton of baggage going back to the Arkansas days (cattlegate) and the WH days (travelgate). Whitewater, which yielded 14 felony convictions, was much more a Hillary project than a Bill project.
Caught In The Whitewater Net - CBS News

Unlike Bill, she is not a great campaigner. If you google Hillary+relatability problem, you get 52,000 results, largely from liberal sources.

What is the source of her appeal? Can some of you liberals/democrats explain it to me?

Hilary Clinton is, the war on women.....

Old 03-06-2015, 01:24 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,464,156 times
Default Absurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
This e-mail scandal has just reinforced my belief that the pent-up hostilities between the mainstream-left Clinton wing and the far-left Obama/Warren wing of the Democratic Party represent a ticking time bomb waiting to happen (most likely to go off if Hillary becomes president). The fact of the matter is that the far-left is simply not enthused about a Hillary presidency, no matter how hard the spin has been in the past. The "true progressives," however, realize that their party is so devoid of electable candidates that they are currently willing to hold their noses and give Hillary a coronation in their nominating contest. They probably should ask themselves if winning the 2016 election with Clinton is worth it. While they will enjoy some short-term gloating about an "Obama third-term" and the supposed permanence of the blue wall, the intra-partisan divisions that will occur once Clinton becomes president could very well lead to GOP presidential dominance for a generation. I honestly think that it would be better for the Democrats to lose in 2016, because at least their formidable blue wall will continue to hold in future elections should that happen.
Thus is pure nonsense

There are no divisions within the Democratic party. The party is unified in its opposition against the hapless Right, and any Democrat is better than a Republican in the WH. A Clinton presidency is wholeheartedly embraced by the party.

There is no "email scandal". What a bunch of right-wing woo.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-10-2015 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: inappropriate

Old 03-06-2015, 02:19 PM

38,922 posts, read 24,051,289 times
I'm an independent and I'd vote for just about any Democrat if it was against a far-right candidate (barring Rand Paul) except if it is Hilary. I just don't get her ideas at all. I'd go for a blue-dog or even a progressive but not Hilary. I don't trust her and she hasn't done much to earn my trust. If it's a far-right candidate for Republican vs. Hilary, I'm voting third party.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:52 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,283,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
really? she can't run anything without some sort of scandal. Is that your party's idea of competency and standards?
LOL. If you're a conservative, that would like me being called ugly by a frog.

There are real scandal and then there is little thing being blown out of proportion. The media also reported that Colin Powell did the same thing that Hillary did.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:55 PM

15,188 posts, read 12,362,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The same way liberals didn't like George W. Bush - competency.

Bush can't run a lemonade stand. Hillary can run the country.

Hey, you want the best person to run this country? She is it. You want some yahoo who can F up this place, vote for a Republican. It's your right.
Guess it's beyond you to provide any rational, intelligent reason for your Hillary-worship.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I am not a liberal, but have spoken to many liberal friends and family: The response I get is this, they feel that HRC is the only left candidate that is not a nut job, they have no intention whatsoever of voting Republican no matter who the candidate is and hope with all their desire that their standard bearer is the safer choice.
Well, we can see how that's worked out with the last two presidential elections.

Old 03-06-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
A million posters here could give 2 million legitimate and extremely valid reasons why she is an excellent candidate, complete with links to sources of unmatched credibility and thorough analysis in support of such reasons, and you STILL wouldn't recognize or even acknowledge. Such is the Conservative way.

I wouldn't waste my time.
Probably because your idea of an appropriate response to a reasonable question, or a request for information is an ad hominem attack. It's all you can muster.

Old 03-06-2015, 03:31 PM

4,639 posts, read 3,451,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Well, we can see how that's worked out with the last two presidential elections.

No kidding

My favorite liberal relative not 6 months ago was ranting that "the day Obama goes after my AK ammo, I will never vote Democrat ever again" The backtracking has been sad.

Old 03-06-2015, 03:45 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,283,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Guess it's beyond you to provide any rational, intelligent reason for your Hillary-worship.

Only to a conservative is competency not a rational, intelligent reason.

But we know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections