Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 07:53 AM

5,739 posts, read 3,275,539 times

Advertisements

just dumb. you would vote for a black or woman just to make history regardless if they are qualified.
Just shows how dumb people. As for prosperous times under Bill Clinton, you seem to forget it was a republican congress that got that done, Bill had no say in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
I must admit that is a big part of her appeal for me. I really enjoy the thought of two major historic presidential milestones taking place back to back, and they are both Democrats. The GOP crazies will hit critical mass if it happens.

I also remember the Clinton years as the most prosperous era for our country in my lifetime. Without fail, since I have been old enough to pay attention to politics, Republican presidents create recession and war and Democrats spend their first terms cleaning up the mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 10:09 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,432,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
just dumb. you would vote for a black or woman just to make history regardless if they are qualified.
Just shows how dumb people. As for prosperous times under Bill Clinton, you seem to forget it was a republican congress that got that done, Bill had no say in it.

Don't forget too that Pres. Bill Clinton laid much of the groundwork for the housing bubble and crash of 2008. It was during the 1990's that James Johnson, Democrat and former aide to Walter Mondale (1984 Dem nominee), became CEO of Fannie Mae and started the GSE abuse that fueled the bubble. Clinton and Johnson were close allies.
Fannie Mae

Quote:
He [Johnson] was “the original, if anonymous, architect” of President Bill Clinton’s strategy to boost the homeownership rate to almost 70 percent.
And Bill Clinton also signed into law the repeal of Glass Steagall.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:31 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,841,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Perhaps but Paul isn't known as much as an obstructionist as Cruz and Lee are. Abd unlike Carson, Paul is mostly sensible when it comes to gay marriage. The only thing Paul isn't that sensible on is welfare but that is based off of Ayn Rand like editorials in college.

You cannot have it both ways.
We all found out real quick who the obstructionist was.
`ol green eggs and ham, put a republican majority in the Senate.
Rand want government out of the marriage business all together.
Individuals married, or unmarried, should not get special privileges from government, in an attempt to buy votes.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:48 AM

38,922 posts, read 24,051,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You cannot have it both ways.
We all found out real quick who the obstructionist was.
`ol green eggs and ham, put a republican majority in the Senate.
Rand want government out of the marriage business all together.
Individuals married, or unmarried, should not get special privileges from government, in an attempt to buy votes.
So start a third party if you don't like the Republican brand. Moderate Republicans will be thankful because now they wont be shackled into winning conservative votes during primaries.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:01 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,841,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So start a third party if you don't like the Republican brand. Moderate Republicans will be thankful because now they wont be shackled into winning conservative votes during primaries.

No, we will take over the Republican party, since 3rd parties don't get the funding or a chance.
We will make the big government is best, GOP establishment go 3rd party

The entire Republican party has turned way more conservative, since people jumped on the coattails of Ron Pauls popularity.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:46 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,326,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No, we will take over the Republican party, since 3rd parties don't get the funding or a chance.
We will make the big government is best, GOP establishment go 3rd party

The entire Republican party has turned way more conservative, since people jumped on the coattails of Ron Pauls popularity.
Which is what turns away the independent voters and causes them to vote for the Democrats.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:59 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,309,015 times
Hillary is an arrogant old woman who feels entitled to the Presidency and she will play the gender card all the way.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:01 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,309,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Which is what turns away the independent voters and causes them to vote for the Democrats.

yeah because independents went for Romney in 2012 and voted for Republicans in 2014 mid-terms.....and add the majority of the governorships in the country are Republicans, I guess independents don't vote in those elections...lol

Old 03-11-2015, 10:04 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,667,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The WSJ

What is the source of her appeal? Can some of you liberals/democrats explain it to me?
Mostly what she isn't.

She's not:

religious fundy
science denier
culture warrior
eager for another mindless middle east war

That said, I'm no fan of the Clintons and have never voted for either of them. If she's nominated, I'll vote for her based on the above.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:09 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,326,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
yeah because independents went for Romney in 2012 and voted for Republicans in 2014 mid-terms.....and add the majority of the governorships in the country are Republicans, I guess independents don't vote in those elections...lol
And yet Obama still got 5 million more voters and 332 electoral votes, remind me what the right wingers' excuse was to that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections