Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 11:17 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
This e-mail scandal has just reinforced my belief that the pent-up hostilities between the mainstream-left Clinton wing and the far-left Obama/Warren wing of the Democratic Party represent a ticking time bomb waiting to happen (most likely to go off if Hillary becomes president). The fact of the matter is that the far-left is simply not enthused about a Hillary presidency, no matter how hard the spin has been in the past. The "true progressives," however, realize that their party is so devoid of electable candidates that they are currently willing to hold their noses and give Hillary a coronation in their nominating contest. They probably should ask themselves if winning the 2016 election with Clinton is worth it. While they will enjoy some short-term gloating about an "Obama third-term" and the supposed permanence of the blue wall, the intra-partisan divisions that will occur once Clinton becomes president could very well lead to GOP presidential dominance for a generation. I honestly think that it would be better for the Democrats to lose in 2016, because at least their formidable blue wall will continue to hold in future elections should that happen.
And Webb and O'Malley refused to criticize her over e-mailgate. They must be running for VP.

Democrats, the party of two rich old white ladies possibly running for President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 12:40 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,733,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
And Webb and O'Malley refused to criticize her over e-mailgate. They must be running for VP.

Democrats, the party of two rich old white ladies possibly running for President.
Or maybe they simply understand the value of taking the high road.

Someone needs to once in a while.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Which is what turns away the independent voters and causes them to vote for the Democrats.

Ron Paul had the Independents and the military vote. A vote Mr. "I'm a Progressive Republican" Romney didn't get.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
And yet Obama still got 5 million more voters and 332 electoral votes, remind me what the right wingers' excuse was to that?

Because he lost ALL the Ron Paul voters.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
I'm not so sure that i see lots of enthusiasm.

I voted for her over Obama in the primaries and i thought she'd easily win it. I'm not even sure if i was enthusiastic at the time, but i felt like she had the goods.

That said, if she's the nominee, i'll vote for her over any Republican.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:43 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,233,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ron Paul had the Independents and the military vote. A vote Mr. "I'm a Progressive Republican" Romney didn't get.
Yet Romney got 2 million less votes than Bush. Also, if Paul had such strong support, why didn't he win the primaries? Seems like he didn't have the same voter support you claim he had.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Because he lost ALL the Ron Paul voters.
And how many were there that voted for Paul? About 2 million, not enough to win an election.

Old 03-13-2015, 05:55 AM

Quote:
And how many were there that voted for Paul? About 2 million, not enough to win an election.

Try close to 10 million.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Try close to 10 million.
Where does that number come from? Are you telling me all 10 million of those Tea Party people didn't vote in the last two election, and 8 million of them stayed home in 2004? If that is the case, then that doesn't sound like a reliable bunch of voters.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Where does that number come from? Are you telling me all 10 million of those Tea Party people didn't vote in the last two election, and 8 million of them stayed home in 2004? If that is the case, then that doesn't sound like a reliable bunch of voters.

What is the voting population in the USA(those eligible to vote.) How many people voted in the election.
Do the subtraction and you have the grassroots, that you have to get to the polls. Only Grassroots(Tea Party, Acorn)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections