Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 10:46 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
There is that temper control thing often displayed publically too.
Not as trait of a leader.
Not so. Many a President has had a temper much worse than Hillary's. Ever Ronald Reagan had his angry moments. Some display of anger serves any President well sometimes, especially during moments of international negation; if a President is too cool, he/she may be seen as a pushover. Domestically, a flash of anger can serve to put some focus on something that's important.

All Presidents have their moments of real anger. We simply don't see or know about most of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 07:02 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Why then, was no prosecution begun after Bill left office? The time limits on Whitewater weren't up.
There was no prosecution because he was already tired in court while he was president.

Quote:
Starr found nothing criminal in either Clinton's involvement with Whitewater. That's why the impeachment collapsed.
It didn't collapse; he was impeached. Bill & Hillary shredded documents involving Whitewater. That is why they were not found guilty.

Quote:
I dunno. When did you stop beating your wife? What? You say you never beat your wife? Prove it.
Your reply does not make sense.

Quote:
Saying Hillary is hiding something is just the same as this example. No one can ever prove a negative.
Do you really believe she is not hiding anything?

Old 03-19-2015, 10:54 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 18 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,531,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
There was no prosecution because he was already tired in court while he was president.

It didn't collapse; he was impeached. Bill & Hillary shredded documents involving Whitewater. That is why they were not found guilty.

Your reply does not make sense.

Do you really believe she is not hiding anything?
All you posted was your personal opinion and assumptions, not facts.

By the way, Impeachment is not a conviction by congress, it is the simple act of accusation.

The Senate is where the trial would happen and they declined.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:50 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The WSJ reports that she will officially announce her candidacy for 2016 next month.
Hillary Clinton Seen Launching Presidential Bid in April - WSJ

She has a ton of baggage going back to the Arkansas days (cattlegate) and the WH days (travelgate). Whitewater, which yielded 14 felony convictions, was much more a Hillary project than a Bill project.
Caught In The Whitewater Net - CBS News

Unlike Bill, she is not a great campaigner. If you google Hillary+relatability problem, you get 52,000 results, largely from liberal sources.

What is the source of her appeal? Can some of you liberals/democrats explain it to me?
Conservatives talk about Hillary running more than liberals do.
Why do conservatives like yourself start Hillary presidential threads?

As a democrat I don't want Hillary running. I believe she has little chance of winning because of Bill's Oval Office lie. And the statistical odds of the first black man and first woman becoming president back to back has to be very small.

Now back to my initial question, why do conservatives talk about Hillary running for president so much?
Is it because you know she doesn't have a chance and you want to push her campaign?

Old 03-20-2015, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
All you posted was your personal opinion and assumptions, not facts.

By the way, Impeachment is not a conviction by congress, it is the simple act of accusation.

The Senate is where the trial would happen and they declined.
I posted facts. Anyone can do the same when they realize how corrupt Hillary is.

I know what impeachment is. And so does Clinton since he was impeached!

There were 67 votes need to remove Clinton from office. No way would there have been enough Democratic votes to do that. In other words, those Democrats were more interested in politics than the laws of the country.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:44 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,298,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Do you pay any attention to public opinion polls? I doubt it. You'd rather flog some ultra conservative agenda that most people don't agree with all the time.

Instead of doing that, take a dose of "realpolitik" and read these polls. Than get back to me.

Swing State Poll: Hillary Clinton Bests*GOP Challengers in Iowa, Colorado and Virginia - Bloomberg Politics

Hillary Clinton has double-digit leads over potential GOP presidential rivals, poll shows - The Washington Post

Hillary Clinton trounces GOP foes in latest poll. Why that's not a big deal - CSMonitor.com
Polls two years before an election are meaningless. At that point they are about name recognition. Most people can't name a single Supreme Court Justice and have no idea who the Veep is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Hillary's "scandals" are overblown, but I can't say I'm terribly enthusiastic about her in a vacuum. But the Republican field is made up of acknowledged war criminals and aspiring war criminals fighting over who can screw the country harder to appease the wealthy, so the general election decision is pretty easy for me.
Hillary's scandals are not overblown. They are legion.

A Clinton Scandal Primer*|*John K. Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
There are real scandal and then there is little thing being blown out of proportion. The media also reported that Colin Powell did the same thing that Hillary did.
Any statement that starts, "the media" says is bound to run off the rail. I know in the soundbite/what did Daily Kos say today world it is good enough to spout a bullet point, but even a cursory examination shows no comparison between what Clinton did with emails and what Powell did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Where does that number come from? Are you telling me all 10 million of those Tea Party people didn't vote in the last two election, and 8 million of them stayed home in 2004? If that is the case, then that doesn't sound like a reliable bunch of voters.
I don't know the numbers, but it was evangelicals who sat out the last (2012) election, not tea party movement people. When push came to shove they could not pull the lever for a Mormon.

Quote:
Ken Starr conducted the special investigation right up to the end of the Clinton presidency and never found a thing. Jones and Flowers may be damaged, but Starr must have concluded their cases were a dry well, as no civil cases were prosecuted after the Clintons became private citizens again.

Will Bill's picadillos stick to Hillary? I doubt it. They were a lot fresher 8 years ago, and they didn't hurt Hillary back then. I don't think they will be any more damaging now; the entire thing will be 18 years old next year. That's ancient history in politics.
Not bringing a case to court because you are not sure you have a strong enough case is not the same as "never found a thing".

With things like the missing Rose Law Firm billing records showing up in the White House in the family quarters where very few people had access to, it may be obvious who placed them there, but it isn't something a prosecutor would hang his hat on.

Read the links below. There were so many scandals it boggled the mind.

Do note that three of these sources are left of center.

A Whitewater Chronology - WSJ
http://www.newsweek.com/road-subpoena-179872
AllPolitics - Victorious At The Polls, Whitewater Still Looms - Nov. 6, 1996
A Clinton Scandal Primer*|*John K. Wilson

Old 03-21-2015, 12:57 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,303,353 times
Quote:
Not so. Many a President has had a temper much worse than Hillary's. Ever Ronald Reagan had his angry moments. Some display of anger serves any President well sometimes, especially during moments of international negation; if a President is too cool, he/she may be seen as a pushover. Domestically, a flash of anger can serve to put some focus on something that's important.

All Presidents have their moments of real anger. We simply don't see or know about most of them.

I don't recall screaming and screeching.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I don't recall screaming and screeching.
No one can top Hillary in that!

A good example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0

Old 03-23-2015, 01:52 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,013,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The WSJ reports that she will officially announce her candidacy for 2016 next month.
Hillary Clinton Seen Launching Presidential Bid in April - WSJ

She has a ton of baggage going back to the Arkansas days (cattlegate) and the WH days (travelgate). Whitewater, which yielded 14 felony convictions, was much more a Hillary project than a Bill project.
Caught In The Whitewater Net - CBS News

Unlike Bill, she is not a great campaigner. If you google Hillary+relatability problem, you get 52,000 results, largely from liberal sources.

What is the source of her appeal? Can some of you liberals/democrats explain it to me?
do you have an open mind or is this a trolling thread?

Old 03-23-2015, 05:14 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,580 times
If Hillary's on the ticket, I might vote republican for the first time in 20 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections