Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 11:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times

Advertisements

Sheila Lee Jackson, would be a perfect fit.
A woman and black
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 01:22 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,380,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Jim Webb.
Is he even running? Webb would be by far my preference among Dems in 2016, but there are few indications that he will run.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:15 PM

29,607 posts, read 16,586,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You make good points.

I recognize that there are criticisms of Clinton from the left, there just doesn't seem to be any real power behind it. In short, from where I sit it's just some grumbling and then they are going to vote D note matter what. That's sad...because if that's the case the Republicans have already won 2016 either way.

Some of that is probably because they are afraid of her. She has a reputation for bearing a grudge and punishing those that opposed her. I think there are a lot of Obama supporters that are already looking over their shoulder with regards to what's going to happen if she wins in 2016 and remembers them backing Obama in 2008.
Democrats are to fractured for there to be any real power behind an opposition,and as i stated earlier, Hillary and the media have pretty much snuffed out any competition she has by basically making her the heir apparent since 2008.We have a sitting VP who has less than 10% support in his own party's primary.

Hillary and Bill spent the last 25 years networking and supporting other Democrats. It isnt just that they scare people into not going up against them, it is that so many people have road their coat tails to success that they have allies all over the place, even the Democrats who lost in general elections still are grateful to the Clintons for supporting them in the primaries.

No one else is going to be able to build that kind of support any time soon(Elizabeth Warren seems to be trying)

Old 03-09-2015, 06:04 PM

78,523 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Democrats are to fractured for there to be any real power behind an opposition,and as i stated earlier, Hillary and the media have pretty much snuffed out any competition she has by basically making her the heir apparent since 2008.We have a sitting VP who has less than 10% support in his own party's primary.

Hillary and Bill spent the last 25 years networking and supporting other Democrats. It isnt just that they scare people into not going up against them, it is that so many people have road their coat tails to success that they have allies all over the place, even the Democrats who lost in general elections still are grateful to the Clintons for supporting them in the primaries.

No one else is going to be able to build that kind of support any time soon(Elizabeth Warren seems to be trying)
Good post.

We will just have to wait and see how things fall out.

Personally, I'm not going to hold my nose and vote for her or another Bush.....looks like I might be voting 3rd party again lol.

She is wayyyy too dangerous to be in the whitehouse if the senate and house are still republican....it's going to be just like when Bill was in office. That got us banking rules eased, NAFTA etc.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:08 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,333,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I like the fact that she seems to scare you right wingers like Obama does. Though in reality, there are a number of reasons why I like Warren and would love to see her one day run for president....but do I have interest in explaining that to someone I know has no interest in hearing what those reasons are? No, I do not.
At least you're being honest on this. Though, I still can't imagine what you see in her.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
At least you're being honest on this. Though, I still can't imagine what you see in her.
No worries, I wouldn't expect you to.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:20 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,869,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Sheila Lee Jackson
w/ Rev Al as VP

To maximize the brainpower, you have to pair SheJackL with Maxine "Shallow" Waters as her running mate. They would be unstoppable in a debate, a literal Mensa machine.

That paves the way to make Rev. "Tax Free" Sharpton the new Sec. of the Treasury -- after all, lil' Timmy Geithner didn't pay his taxes either.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't know, would she have to give up her seat in Massachusetts if she ran? I am not from there, nor familiar with their state laws.

Just because I say she is one I would want to see run means she needs to run or even wants to run. So your 5 reasons are irrelevant.
About as relevant as your reply

Old 03-11-2015, 01:22 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
About as relevant as your reply
Rude and reported, this thread isn't about me, please stay on topic.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:30 AM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Is he even running? Webb would be by far my preference among Dems in 2016, but there are few indications that he will run.
I think Webb, like a number of others who would seemingly be great candidates for POTUS, is too smart to want the job. We'll likely get nothing but another pair of political hacks fronting the two major parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections