Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 02:40 PM

24,128 posts, read 32,518,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
He's announcing it at Liberty University, no hotbed of political and religious moderation. If he does win the nomination I don't see how he could ever win over independent swing voters.

I was thinking the same thing! There goes the moderate, non right wing, non conservative Christian vote. Say good by to most North Eastern old line fiscal Republicans and social moderates.

That would rule out my entire Republican extended family, who are hoping that he does not get the nomination.

Liberty University? Please.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:49 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,962,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I may not believe with all the Ayn Rand ness in Rand Paul but he is in better shape than other "true" conservatives. This is because unlike Cruz, Paul is a peaceful libertarian (rather than Cruz's war-hawk stance) and because of this, Paul is much more accessible to the youth vote. If they vote, their votes could possibly be a difference maker.
Personally, I don't think Rand Paul has the gravitas or brains to be President. His embrace of Randian Objectivism and flip flopping on nearly every single thing he's ever opined on are enough to keep me away. But that said I think he's got great ideas on preserving the Fourth Amendment, and I'd take him any day over a conniving ideologue like Cruz.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections