Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 08:35 PM

1,733 posts, read 950,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
You assume he is going to campaign on religious issues.

That is not what I hear him talking about in speeches.
Exactly. Ted talks about the economy, IRS, and putting he middle class back to work. He is unabashed about his religious beliefs (refreshing, btw) but his focus isn't on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 08:38 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,483,189 times
The White House in 2016: Cruz the bruiser | The Economist
The junior senator from Texas is dangerous

"Mr Cruz will not win the presidency, since he repels the swing voters who decide things. But he could still do harm. If he turns the Republican primary into a conservative purity contest, in which anyone softer on Mr Obama is labelled a sell-out, other contenders may be dragged so far to the right that they become unelectable in the general election. That would be bad for the Republican Party and for America. Voters in 2016 deserve a choice between two grown-up candidates."

Old 03-28-2015, 08:45 PM

1,733 posts, read 950,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The White House in 2016: Cruz the bruiser | The Economist
The junior senator from Texas is dangerous

"Mr Cruz will not win the presidency, since he repels the swing voters who decide things. But he could still do harm. If he turns the Republican primary into a conservative purity contest, in which anyone softer on Mr Obama is labelled a sell-out, other contenders may be dragged so far to the right that they become unelectable in the general election. That would be bad for the Republican Party and for America. Voters in 2016 deserve a choice between two grown-up candidates."

Re bolded- that alone tells me the left (and RINO's) is scared sh!tless of Cruz. Good.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:00 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,676,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you seem to have some sort of crystal ball that tells the future. you cant be sure of what cruz is going to do if he gets into office.

some of you have cruz already losing, and the primaries are still several months away. personally i dont think cruz will win the nomination, i am looking for a dark horse, someone that has yet to even consider announcing their candidacy.
It will be Bush and there's a reasonable chance he will win.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:02 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,111,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Which social issues?

The right to be free, with individual liberties?

Where does the US Constitution, give the federal government, the authority to even deal with social issues, unless it is a civil war?

The only jobs the federal government has are, Keeping us safe from a foreign invasion.(they are actually helping that happen in a non-violent way)
To keep us, competitive in the world economy(for some reason they feel the need to control our economy as a collective of nations(States).)
To keep the states from fighting with each other over commerce.(Today the government tries to keep the states from selective interstate commerce(Keystone, health insurance, firearm sales).)
Well, a woman's right to choose whether or not to have an abortion for instance. I'm pretty sure he's pro life on this issue. I'm pro choice myself but pro life wouldn't be a deal breaker if I liked his other positions. Where does he stand on the "war on drugs" and marijuana prohibition? I haven't heard him say but if he takes the drug warrior position favored by many on the religious right that would be a deal breaker. I favor the libertarian position on this issue that it's not the government's business if someone smokes marijuana and that the so-called
"war on drugs" has been a disaster and a gross violation of civil liberties. I'll be interested to see where Cruz stands on some of these issues of individual liberties. Right now I'm highly skeptical of this guy.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:03 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,992,524 times
First to announce and first to withdraw.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:05 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,676,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Well, a woman's right to choose whether or not to have an abortion for instance. I'm pretty sure he's pro life on this issue. I'm pro choice myself but pro life wouldn't be a deal breaker if I liked his other positions. Where does he stand on the "war on drugs" and marijuana prohibition? I haven't heard him say but if he takes the drug warrior position favored by many on the religious right that would be a deal breaker. I favor the libertarian position on this issue that it's not the government's business if someone smokes marijuana and that the so-called
war on drugs" has been a disaster. I'll be interested to see wesre Cruz stands on some of these issues of individual liberties. Right now I'm highly skeptical of this guy.
Don't worry. The Primary Debates will nail his foot to the floor on all these issues. Those questions will be asked with a very sharp eye for his responses. That's where he sinks or swims.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:34 PM

32,122 posts, read 15,112,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Constitution scares many people, that were raised to be a victim by mommy.

Freedom is a very scary thing. Where you and you alone are responsible for your survival.
The constitution scares no one. I think what is happening is that each generation is caring less and less about it. They want to live their lives and live in the present....not what some men wrote in 1787. Sorry, but that's just what I see happening.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,888,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It will be Bush and there's a reasonable chance he will win.
maybe, only time will tell. however there is still a bad taste in the mouths of some regarding the name bush that there are a lot of voters that will vote for anyone but bush.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:56 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,191,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Re bolded- that alone tells me the left (and RINO's) is scared sh!tless of Cruz. Good.
I think you misinterpret the posting you are replying to. Cruz is so right wing that he will push the other Republicans further right and that will make way for an easy Democratic win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections