Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 08:26 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times

Advertisements

"Ominous for Hillary Clinton is the broad scope of the movement today compared to her showing in Quinnipiac University's mid-February survey. It isn't just one or two Republicans who are stepping up; it's virtually the entire GOP field that is running better against her. "That's why it is difficult to see Secretary Clinton's slippage as anything other than a further toll on her image from the furor over her e-mail." "In all three of these states, more, and in Colorado many more, registered voters say she is not honest and trustworthy," Brown added. "Voters do think she is a strong leader - a key metric - but unless she can change the honesty perception, running as a competent but dishonest candidate has serious potential problems."

2016 Presidential Swing State Polls Poll - April 9, 2015 - Paul Blooms As Clinton Wilts I | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

I am especially surprised that they are all catching up to Hillary in the states polled (tie) and Rand Paul bests her. Although I am somewhat surprised, seeing as how no one can point to her accomplishments, they still see her as having strong leadership qualities. The poll shows her matched up with each candidate.

The poll also indicates that people don't seem to know enough about Scott Walker or Marco Rubio in those 3 swing states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 08:39 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Rand Paul won't be nominated much less beat Clinton. The Republicans are already boxing him out for his views on defense and the role of the US in international issues.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:08 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,303,880 times
Why does anyone care about polls in April 2015.

Romney may have been inelegant in his explanation, but he was right. 47% are going to vote Democrat automatically, 47% are going to vote Republican automatically and the race comes down to finding that other 3% to put you over the top and find that 3% in the right states to get the electoral votes.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Rand Paul won't be nominated much less beat Clinton. The Republicans are already boxing him out for his views on defense and the role of the US in international issues.
My thoughts are the Republican Machine only goes after the candidates they think are a threat and that makes me want to take a second look at those candidates.

The way I see it, the primary debates should be the best way for every candidate to make their case to the people, however, I'm waiting to see if the despicable news media marginalizes Rand Paul the way they did Ron Paul at the debates. I wasn't planning on voting for Ron Paul but I was really disgusted at the way he was treated, especially by Fox News.

The other networks ask the GOP candidates questions in which Democrats have an interest. It's just ridiculous that the GOP even gives them a debate.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Why does anyone care about polls in April 2015.

Romney may have been inelegant in his explanation, but he was right. 47% are going to vote Democrat automatically, 47% are going to vote Republican automatically and the race comes down to finding that other 3% to put you over the top and find that 3% in the right states to get the electoral votes.
Which is why Quinnipiac is only polling in some states.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:19 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,303,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Which is why Quinnipiac is only polling in some states.
Until you know who both parties have for their nominees ANY polling is pointless, mindless mental gymnastics.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Until you know who both parties have for their nominees ANY polling is pointless, mindless mental gymnastics.
Trending should be important to the potential candidates and announced candidates themselves (what are we doing, right or wrong?), their big donors may be more likely to open their wallets and it should quiet the same-party people connected to one of the candidates who say so and so is the only one who can beat Hillary Clinton. I think this effectively shuts them up. It will be interesting to watch the news tonight and see who DOESN'T mention this poll or who pooh-poohs it. My money is on the Jeb Bush people, not because he's performing poorly relatively speaking, but because the other guys are gaining traction on Clinton.

I looked at the polling methodology (for Iowa only just because they go first) and they did poll self identified registered voters which is a step up from some of the other pollsters who poll anyone who picks up the phone. Of course, in a primary, you always want to see "likely voters" polled but I hear that's more expensive and wouldn't expect them to do it this far out.

The only thing I don't like about it is the omission of the other potential candidates. They aren't that far apart from the leader. I don't want some pollster winnowing the candidates for the media.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:35 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
My thoughts are the Republican Machine only goes after the candidates they think are a threat and that makes me want to take a second look at those candidates.

The way I see it, the primary debates should be the best way for every candidate to make their case to the people, however, I'm waiting to see if the despicable news media marginalizes Rand Paul the way they did Ron Paul at the debates. I wasn't planning on voting for Ron Paul but I was really disgusted at the way he was treated, especially by Fox News.

The other networks ask the GOP candidates questions in which Democrats have an interest. It's just ridiculous that the GOP even gives them a debate.
I doubt that most Americans from the right to the center agree with Paul's non-interventionist views. It is going to take a generation before we change our thinking about the importance of projecting military power around the world. Clinton could well reverse the gains we have made in that direction under Obama, too. Paul would probably extend them. I like that, but find too much else wrong with Paul to vote for him.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
On-line polling, after on-line polling, had Ron Paul beating both Mitt and Obama. The media made sure that Ron Paul was marginalized and Silenced.

You will see the same thing happen with both Rand and Ted, with Jeb and the rest of the establishment field getting the push from the media, like they did with Romney, when they saw time and time again, Ron out polled him.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:23 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
The problem in the Republican party is that the establishment leaders would rather see their candidate get trashed in the general election, than to have a non establishment Republican come to power. That is because, even when the Democrats win the election, they get to keep their positions of power within the party. They don't give a rat's behind for the country or the rank and file Republicans.

I have come to the conclusion that, if the establishment candidate gets the nomination this time around, I will be switching my voter registration to Independent from Republican. And I will maintain that until a true conservative party emerges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections