Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 10:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
I still sincerely hope she is not running again. Why would she expect to do better than 2008?

Obama and Hillary went off to a secret meeting in N. Virginia and right after that Hillary dropped out.
Coincidence that the Bilderberg group was meeting at that time in N. Virginia ?

Maybe she was promised the Presidency after Obama was done.

You see D and R are but different sides of the same dirty coin.
The real powers in charge don't care which party sits in the Oval Office because their bidding will get done no matter what.

Presidents are SELECTED, not ELECTED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 10:49 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
I keep waiting to hear about real candidate running for President on the GOP ticket

Old 04-11-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I keep waiting to hear about real candidate running for President on the GOP ticket
Here's a list of the potentials on all sides.

I'm kinda cozying up to Chaffee right now based on what I read about him.
D and R and I. The only Repub (at that time) to vote against the Iraq war.

He seems pretty middle of the road kind of Dem and open to compromise based on his Senate voting record.

We need someone middle of the road to unite this country again.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ates.html?_r=0

Old 04-11-2015, 03:14 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because those are all the qualities needed to be President of the US
Sadly, I think you are right. I was hoping for a different answer; something that might give reason to be optimistic about our future.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:23 PM

OMG..Hillary has been meeting with Teresa Ghilarducci for months on putting together her campaign agenda to help the middle class avoid the retirement crisis.

Remember who Teresa Ghilarducc is ?

Old 04-11-2015, 03:25 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,208 times
Hildog vs Jeb 2016 and there is NOTHING you can do about it because its what TPTB want.

wake up sheeple, or just enjoy your illusion of choice

go merica'!

Old 04-11-2015, 07:18 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
It's no guarantee there won't be another strong candidate like Barack Obama who came out of nowhere to win, is it?
I hope we get a dark horse, but a better one than we have now, because right now there's just no one very exciting on the Democratic side.

I have a very, very strong feeling that Hillary will not win.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:11 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
I guess I have to eat my hat (or whatever it was that I promised). I honestly didn't think she'd do it. My reasoning was that she was in ill health about a year or so ago, she's going to have to relive all of Bill's affairs and she was seriously stabbed in the back last time around. Not to mention, she was a serious war hawk over Iraq. Even the press turned against her, calling her a hillbilly and racist. Oh well, it's not the first time I've been wrong.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
The last real one they had was Huntsman... they burned him at the stake.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:45 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,261,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The last real one they had was Huntsman... they burned him at the stake.
Mr. Huntsman merely lost, he wasn't "burned at the stake" or any such thing.

Had he actually WON the nomination, he would have been attacked viciously by the other party and the media and portrayed as another "out of touch" ultra-regressive. For all of Romney's money, for example, Huntsman makes Mitt look like a pauper in comparison.

The entire idea that if the Republicans nominate someone sufficiently moderate or liberal, and that would make them acceptable again is absurd. I heard the attacks against McCain and Romney, they wouldn't have been any worse if they had nominated a conservative like Tancredo or Santorum.

The Republicans should nominate who they want, they'll never satisfy the Democrats and the mainstream media. The attacks will be there next fall regardless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections