Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 11:20 AM

71 posts, read 201,426 times

Advertisements

EL PASO, TX

January 15, 2009 ­

Local Businessman and entrepreneur, Alfrank Catucci will formally announce his candidacy for Mayor of El Paso
When: 2 PM Friday, January 16, 2009
Where: Forti's Mexican Elder

Alexander 'Alfrank' Catucci has been a businessman in El Paso for 16 years. He has been involved in several successful business ventures, including textile and entertainment ventures. Catucci moved to El Paso in 1993 after a short stint in professional baseball and then working for a manufacturing company in Hong Kong. He purchased a clothing manufacturing company and grew it to the 15th largest embroidery company in the United States, employing over 600 people. He sold the company to a competitor and partnered in Oasis and Fiesta Lanes, before partnering with another group of people to open and manage the popular Club 101, Loft Bar and Mini Bar.

Catucci remarks, "As the 22nd largest city in the United States we are ranked 83rd economically. It is time to change business as usual and bring El Paso to prominence as one of the top economic centers in the U.S. I am a person who is advocating true change from top to bottom starting with Education, developing corporate wealth, and smaller efficient government. It will be a privilege and an honor to serve the people of El Paso and with your help we can make a big difference for our future and the lives of our children."

Last edited by mrsmeyer; 01-16-2009 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: html errors
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 11:56 AM

430 posts, read 1,339,504 times
Good to know. My parents have already stated that they were not voting for Cook. I'll have to watch this to see which way I choose to vote.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:56 PM

270 posts, read 626,349 times
Good for you, it's good to hear someone is going to listen to all the candiates before voting instead of just voting because of party affiliation.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:01 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,266,413 times
Default How long will this stay up?

I wonder how long this advertisement stays up? I was trying to find out information on him, and found this (http://acheonline.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=45&Itemi d=89 - broken link).

I must admit, there are some nice looking girls there... for any guy who is single and looking!

He has a request to delete his myspace account. Ooops! :

MySpace.com - Alfrank "salty Dog" - 41 - Male - EL PASO, Texas - www.myspace.com/saltysurfdog

Here is an intersting interview in which he echoes many of the sentiments here on this board, often made by people such as myself, Muhnay, Smooth, etc. He hit the points that El Paso needs economic wealth, and needs to retain the local talent that often leaves after graduating UTEP. It makes me wonder if Mr. Catucci is lurking on this site? If you are, come out of the closet! Here is the interview :

YouTube - Alfrank Catucci on LivingElPaso.com

Official campaign filing:

http://www.elpasotexas.gov/muni_cler...0treasurer.pdf

Old 01-16-2009, 07:42 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
HAHA running for Mayor, wants his MYSPACE account closed. thats funny. QUICK make me look clean. What a joke. Be yourself and run on that.. anything less and your a lie and a joke not worth anyones vote.

Even though the OP comments do make me consider him.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:56 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,135,431 times
I wonder if the people who actually vote (older and conservative) would even consider a younger hipper person for mayor. Obviously young people vote but not in the numbers that older people do.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:35 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
You can no longer say that Mista.. in a few days we seat Obama, and the world will end as we know it.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:06 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,135,431 times
That is actually why I added that second sentence. I realize young people showed up (thankfully) for the presidential election but it will be sometime before they show up en mass for local ones.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:23 PM

507 posts, read 2,061,351 times
What a douche nozzle. Didn't know Fabio's cousin lives in E.P. Good luck, and take your open shirt and fake tan with you.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:10 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I wonder how long this advertisement stays up? I was trying to find out information on him, and found this (http://acheonline.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=45&Itemi d=89 - broken link).

I must admit, there are some nice looking girls there... for any guy who is single and looking!

He has a request to delete his myspace account. Ooops! :

MySpace.com - Alfrank "salty Dog" - 41 - Male - EL PASO, Texas - www.myspace.com/saltysurfdog

Here is an intersting interview in which he echoes many of the sentiments here on this board, often made by people such as myself, Muhnay, Smooth, etc. He hit the points that El Paso needs economic wealth, and needs to retain the local talent that often leaves after graduating UTEP. It makes me wonder if Mr. Catucci is lurking on this site? If you are, come out of the closet! Here is the interview :

YouTube - Alfrank Catucci on LivingElPaso.com

Official campaign filing:

http://www.elpasotexas.gov/muni_cler...0treasurer.pdf
LOL.....So it looks like Santa Fe has finally made it's way down to El Paso .......... and of course here in New Mexico Val Kilmer is running for Governor in 2010 so it looks like Hollywood mysteriously loves El Paso/New Mexico.

Seriously though if this guy can magically bring in high wage jobs i'd take back making fun of him.......except for the Santa Fe part .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso