Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 05:21 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times

Advertisements

Exclusive: Hillary Clinton to launch presidential campaign on Sunday en route to Iowa

The initial announcement will be on Twitter.

For a long time a figured that she just wanted people to think she was running, and then monetize that belief via speaking fees. She'll be 69 on election day, has had some serious health problems, has millions in the bank and a new grandchild...why would she want to run for prez and lock herself into 5.5 years of 20 hour work days at age 69? But I became convinced she really did want to run when I read that she was doing yoga in order to try to prepare for the physical demands of a campaign. That is the kind of detail that she probably wouldn't think to make up if Hillary 2016 had just been a charade to collect speaking fees.

There is only one explanation for her decision: the addictive power of power. I've done a lot of reading on Hillary in the past months, and the more I read, the more I see her as post-ideological and just about acquiring and wielding power. When Pres. Obama asked to be Secretary of State, at first she turned it down. Her one demand was not anything about foreign policy approach, but that she have the right to fill top state dept. slots with her friends and allies, not Obama's. Her central value appears not to be anything about left vs. right, foreign aid, military intervention, or anything ideological. Instead it is loyalty to and from friends and allies. I guess that is good in a way, because the past eight years with a persuaded left-wing ideologue in the WH have been a disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 07:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,014 times
Ahhhh, the first agony of defeat thread.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:43 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Exclusive: Hillary Clinton to launch presidential campaign on Sunday en route to Iowa

The initial announcement will be on Twitter.

For a long time a figured that she just wanted people to think she was running, and then monetize that belief via speaking fees. She'll be 69 on election day, has had some serious health problems, has millions in the bank and a new grandchild...why would she want to run for prez and lock herself into 5.5 years of 20 hour work days at age 69? But I became convinced she really did want to run when I read that she was doing yoga in order to try to prepare for the physical demands of a campaign. That is the kind of detail that she probably wouldn't think to make up if Hillary 2016 had just been a charade to collect speaking fees.

There is only one explanation for her decision: the addictive power of power. I've done a lot of reading on Hillary in the past months, and the more I read, the more I see her as post-ideological and just about acquiring and wielding power. When Pres. Obama asked to be Secretary of State, at first she turned it down. Her one demand was not anything about foreign policy approach, but that she have the right to fill top state dept. slots with her friends and allies, not Obama's. Her central value appears not to be anything about left vs. right, foreign aid, military intervention, or anything ideological. Instead it is loyalty to and from friends and allies. I guess that is good in a way, because the past eight years with a persuaded left-wing ideologue in the WH have been a disaster.
What "serious health problems" are you speaking of? Are you taking the words of a tabloid writer and gossip columnist as gospel now?

Yoga is a perfect way to de-stress and keep yourself in mind/body balance. That you would cite that as a negative is laughable and shows a great deal of ignorance.

The first President Bush had millions in the bank and grandchildren when he ran for president. Did you ever suggest he should have just stayed home and counted his money while playing Grandpa?

Oh, my, a politician wanted her own staff around her! The horror!

Basically this is nothing more than a meandering rant posted out of fear of the Democratic front runner. The first of many, I'm sure.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:52 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
What "serious health problems" are you speaking of? Are you taking the words of a tabloid writer and gossip columnist as gospel now?

Yoga is a perfect way to de-stress and keep yourself in mind/body balance. That you would cite that as a negative is laughable and shows a great deal of ignorance.

The first President Bush had millions in the bank and grandchildren when he ran for president. Did you ever suggest he should have just stayed home and counted his money while playing Grandpa?

Oh, my, a politician wanted her own staff around her! The horror!

Basically this is nothing more than a meandering rant posted out of fear of the Democratic front runner. The first of many, I'm sure.

Um, doctors found a blood clot between her brain and skull in 2012 following a concussion. That's a serious health problem no matter how you spin it.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:10 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,196 times
She's announcing when good Christians are still in church or eating at Golden Corral, and while the backsliding Christians are posting on C-D in their underwear.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:27 PM

99,539 posts, read 4,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
She's announcing when good Christians are still in church or eating at Golden Corral, and while the backsliding Christians are posting on C-D in their underwear.
Yes, because the very definition of a "good Christian" is one who sits in church on Sunday morning.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:39 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,459,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I see her as post-ideological
Because what America really needs is a total ideologue as President. The past 6 years haven't been nearly divisive enough.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:39 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,068 times
Does this mean that Clinton will finally put forth her stance and ideas for what would make her a good candidate and discuss them with opponents?

So far she has just stated sexism and made the sounds of crickets on real issues.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:40 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,022 times
Oh, wutitiz! Why must you resort to trolling? You could have just started a general thread, and let the discussion progress organically. So what are the sources of all this things you've read? They aren't by chance fellow right-wing ideologues are they?

Old 04-10-2015, 12:47 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,352,507 times
Yet another conservative in the White House.

Still, if it's between her and your average GOP candidate Scott Keel de Pore, it's Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections