Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 11:11 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It's delusional to think young people will show up on Election Day, at all. They'll still be strapped into their car seats with their helmets on.
Then you have nothing to worry about, oh other than the fact that the GOP will never allow anyone but one of their own to get the nomination, meaning the candidate will NOT be Cruz, Rubio or Rand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 11:17 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,090,876 times
So some republican gang somewhere starts a tweet and then gets a bunch of bots to respond to it so it LOOKS like it is trending among real people.

Then a real live person comes along who hasn't got the sense that god gave a stone and sees it, and their mind is made up: Aint voting for Hillary.

Then Fox News gets one of their babes to report the "story".

Politics, 2016.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:18 AM

27 posts, read 18,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
It's the number one trend right now.
Not on twitter

Trends · Change
When a Man Loves a Woman
#ConservativeManifesto
Percy Sledge
#EqualPayDay
#righttobuy
#ShameOnArunJaitley
#CollegeMovies
Hillary
S-300
Chipotle

I follow twitter, what I notice is mostly those against Hillary hijacking those threads.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:28 AM

27 posts, read 18,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Wait until they see what the "Alternative" will be, anyone that believes young people will back a Conservative, especially any far right-wing Con is delusional.
Don't really need them. It's the minority and the independents that will come out to vote.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:14 PM

78,492 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I want someone to the Left of Hillary, but not as far left as Warren. But i also have no problem voting for Hillary. And im 23. I dont think she leaves as much of a bad taste in the younger generations mouth as you thinking.

Obviously i dont speak for the entire Democratic Party, but I havent met any leftist who were anti hillary.

also, that hashtag is now gone.

#Hillary2016 is now the #1 trending topic.

see how quickly things change.
Yeah. You were 16 when she was a "sure thing" last time....maybe we'll see how quickly things change again.

P.S. If you haven't met anyone from the left with real issues with hillary's track record then you're hanging around democratic loyalists and not real lefties.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:11 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,830,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Twitter trending now an indication of her chances of being elected?

I took a look through the tweets, and it's not quite what you right wing nuts may be hoping for:

Here's a few:

Republicans can't even mount a twitter campaign successfully.
The majority of the tweets weren't those sarcastic tweets. You probably had to look really hard to find all of those. And there were tweets with the "#Hillary2016" tag that said things like "no thanks" or "not in a million years."

Old 04-14-2015, 05:24 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,830,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Found it - most of the tweets mock the right:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WhyI...tingForHillary

rob delaney ‏@robdelaney 2h2 hours ago
#WhyImNotVotingForHillary she will take my guns. 0bama tried do but couldn't because i pray hard. Hilary is witch &can do spell

Big Sexy Jeb Lund ‏@Mobute 2h2 hours ago
#WhyImNotVotingForHillary because she took my hands. the clintons took my hands off so i can't work the lever. obamacare won't give me hands

Tim Hess ‏@EsKaLiDiNg 3h3 hours ago
I'm voting for a dumb Republican who hates gays, blacks, and the lower class + wants to spend all tax money on war #WhyImNotVotingForHillary

MATTY ICE ‏@MattyIceAZ 4h4 hours ago
#WhyImNotVotingForHillary The economy is growing and unemployment dropping. It's now time to elect a Republican to screw it all up again.
You didn't find too many.

@amyLKight: #WhyImNotVotingForHillary #prolife https://t.co/hb2o4GlLgO

@bakoff333: I feel we need to fumigate the White House. Get rid of all the rats and start over. #WhyImNotVotingForHillary

@RockyMtRed: Sick and tired of liberals telling me as a female I'm a victim of something as if I don't have a brain of my own. #WhyImNotVotingForHillary

@Lautergeist: #WhyImNotVotingForHillary
Because I already have a mom who's not a #***** & a dad who's not a #SexualPredator thank you very much

@TattedGypsy: #WhyImNotVotingForHillary #NeverForget
Her response "what does it matter now?" http://t.co/c0iU1SBQvd

@feehily_diane: Because not one democrat I know can name a single accomplishment! NOT ONE!
#WhyImNotVotingForHillary

@ThrGoesThatGuy: Because she a ***** #WhyImNotVotingForHillary

@DivaSloane: Because she and Bill have left a body count going back 30+ years, and it's just not normal. #WhyImNotVotingForHillary

This is just a small sampling from the last hour.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:58 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,477,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
You didn't find too many.

This is just a small sampling from the last hour.
Too late, it hasn't been trending since Sunday, the right is posting fumes.
The OP made it out like Trending on Twitter was a big deal and indicative of HC's issues with the younger generation but it is just farts in the wind and another place for left and right to post their partisan talking points.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:54 AM

78,492 posts, read 60,679,264 times
The right can of course handwring and moan all they want and of course democratic primary voters will ignore them.

Hillary frankly scares the HECK out of me because with the repubs controlling the house and senate (She hurt a couple key senate races grandstanding with anti-gun statements)....that sets the stage for a presidency like her hubbys where they caved to the Repubs to pass NAFTA and repeal those pesky banking laws that helped stage the financial crisis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections