Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If These Are Your Options, Who Gets Your Vote?
Hillary Clinton 3 7.89%
Elizabeth Warren 6 15.79%
Joe Biden 1 2.63%
Martin O'Malley 2 5.26%
Jim Webb 2 5.26%
Andrew Cuomo 1 2.63%
Terry McAuliffe 0 0%
Amy Klobuchar 0 0%
Al Gore 1 2.63%
Martin Heinrich 0 0%
Lincoln Chafee 0 0%
Bernard Sanders 4 10.53%
John Kerry 2 5.26%
Michelle Obama 0 0%
I'll Chew My Arm Off Before Voting For Any of These 16 42.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 08:29 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,773,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Bernie and Liz may be better served in the Senate where we really need some progress. O'Malley, Webb and Schweizer (should they all run) should be able to appeal to centrists while bringing out liberals to vote.
Still, all the Hillary disaffection reminds me of the lukewarm feelings toward Al Gore. Was he so bad, in retrospect, considering the Cheney imperialist machine we received instead?

There was nothing wrong with Gore at all. A smart center left candidate, with enough experience to be Prez. He just did not inspire, and even though I voted for him, I would turn the channel whenever he gave a speech, after Bill Clinton, it was just depressing. That, followed by Kerry, and Mitt, showed me that even if you are the smartest guy in the room, without charisma, you cannot carry the day. Hillary Clinton reminds me more of Al Gore than her husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 11:12 PM

27,169 posts, read 15,347,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Fitting Mia Love into the equation anywhere just tickles me I guess. A black, Mormon, woman Republican candidate. That's just awesome! Shatters so many false stereotypes in a single stroke and I just love the irony of it! I'd love it if somebody could talk Condoleezza Rice into running, but I think we all know she won't. Part of me would just love to see the GOP run a black woman against Hillary, just for the sake of novelty candidate one-upmanship.

I don't know a great deal about Susana Martinez. If she's well spoken and nothing like Sara Palin's airheadedness, that would be a great option. Apparently she used to be a Democrat until 1995 and an ugly falling out with her boss.

It would be "historical!

Old 04-23-2015, 05:14 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,205,958 times
The Democratic Party right now is divided between the centrist corporatist Wall Street wing and the grass roots socially/economic liberal Wing.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:24 AM

671 posts, read 891,624 times
Tired of the Clintons and tired of the Bushes...Simple as that...After so many years in politics people simply become corrupt...Instead of politicians talking to people and being frank we get a groomed what to say, a groomed how to look, a groomed Hollywood tv ad to sell a produce politician saying whatever the polls lean towards....When you see a politician with 100 handlers you know they haven't the right stuff to govern because they need to be governed in what they say and how to present it..........

Old 04-23-2015, 07:02 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,400,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Truth be told, I don't hate the woman. I've said more than once that she'd have done a better job than Barack Obama. She's a fairly average politician in a big sea of other politicians. But I do think she's a fatally flawed candidate and that the Dems can do better. I'm astounded by the fact that no viable threat to Hillary has announced their bid for POTUS yet.
Its all about the money.
O'Malley is getting close to announcing. That means he's getting close to the funding he needs.

Elizabeth Warren won't run and won't be drafted, so the field will be smaller than the Republican's, I expect.
As far as I see it, that's a good thing. Warren is the only Democrat who keeps the party from sinking to the Big Money pockets completely.

I think 2016 will be the year of backlash for all the big political PACs. Voters on all sides are sick of the oligarchy, and the only way they can respond to the oligarchs is to vote against their candidates. I expect 2016 to be a year of negative votes, not positive votes. When the choice is one bought lap dog and another, the only lap dog that wins is the one that bites the hand that feeds it just hard enough to gain a little notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections