Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 12:24 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,906,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Better find an electable candidate before considering counting those chickens, so far Hillary beats every declared candidate.
Not needed. Democrats have already decided to put forth their own unelectable candidate. No one is excited for her. Hillary is old, washed up, out of touch, owes her success only to her husband, greedy, 1%er. You will not excite the Democrat base with her and you are going to lose because people will stay home.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:30 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,668,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Hillary Clinton = low Democrat voter turnout = Republican victory regardless of who is nominated. I am so excited for GOP White House and Congress because America can finally heal, clean up Obama's mess, and move forward.
Oh, have you already forgiven Bush's 8 years of mess, such as his two recessions, bailouts, and the needless Iraq War?

Old 04-19-2015, 12:54 PM

30,662 posts, read 18,276,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Who is to say that the Democrats wouldn't have caved on the issue, and prevented a government shutdown?

Don't you think that they are capable of acting for the good of the country?
Because they have already shown that they would not have. We've already been down this road before. The Democrats believe that this is not a losing issue for them, and so aren't in any rush to prevent a shutdown.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:57 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,957,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Not needed. Democrats have already decided to put forth their own unelectable candidate. No one is excited for her. Hillary is old, washed up, out of touch, owes her success only to her husband, greedy, 1%er. You will not excite the Democrat base with her and you are going to lose because people will stay home.
Is that why the Cons are so afraid of her and cannot stop talking about her, because she cannot win

You? You silly I am not a Dem nor is she my candidate, I hope to vote for someone better, but the odds of the GOP fulfilling that hope are not good. If the GOP puts forth a moderate candidate I will be happy to back them, put forth a Tea Party nut job I will be forced to back Hillary for the good of the Nation. That I the difference between being an Independent (Me) and a Party Faithful that simply votes straight ticket year after year no matter how unqualified (You), one of us believes in Nation over Party and one of does not.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:59 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,269,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Oh, have you already forgiven Bush's 8 years of mess, such as his two recessions, bailouts, and the needless Iraq War?
President Bush is retired, and you won't be seeing him around any more. Unless you tune into Rangers baseball games and the camera zooms into the owner's box.

Its not about W and the past.

We've got to look forward, not backwards. The question at hand for the people is whether or not they want Change, or if they are pleased with the way things are going and want more of the same.

If its the latter, the Democratic candidate will win, if the people want change, they'll go for someone different.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:03 PM

30,662 posts, read 18,276,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
This is a strong field from the GOP? Yikes.
Yes, Rubio, Walker, Pataki, and Paul (and even people like Christie and Kasich, assuming they jump in) represent a very strong field. Note, when I mention strong, I'm referring to people with a realistic pathway to victory in the general, which is why I left out Cruz, Carson, Fiorina (note, while I don't think she has a realistic pathway to victory, she will be very important during the primary as she can attack Hillary in a way that the male candidates cannot that will help damage her "woman" brand), etc. Now, note, not all of the people who would have a realistic pathway to victory (e.g. Pataki) have a chance in hell at winning the nomination. On the flip-side, there are people who don't have a clear pathway to victory in the general who could foreseeably win the nomination (e.g. Cruz).

Old 04-19-2015, 01:06 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,341,458 times
Quote:
You? You silly I am not a Dem nor is she my candidate, I hope to vote for someone better, but the odds of the GOP fulfilling that hope are not good. If the GOP puts forth a moderate candidate I will be happy to back them, put forth a Tea Party nut job I will be forced to back Hillary for the good of the Nation. That I the difference between being an Independent (Me) and a Party Faithful that simply votes straight ticket year after year no matter how unqualified (You), one of us believes in Nation over Party and one of does not.
What is "nutty" about a party (the Tea Party) asking the government to not raise taxes and to not spend more than it receives in revenue?

Old 04-19-2015, 01:37 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
OP what makes you think democrat turnout will be low if Hillary is the candidate? A chance to elect first woman president will make turnout a record high I think.
For many reasons: 1-to be the only serious candidate takes a lot out of the enthursiasm that goes with election year: some will think she is a shoe in and not bother and last but not least, wheter you happen to like her of not, she really isn't very popular with her party or the voters. Add to that, many do not want to see another CLinton or Bush in the white house. Most people who are politically savvy at all understand the problems she will be facing. If I were a Hillary supporter I would hope she could have some serious competition.

Old 04-19-2015, 02:19 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,957,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What is "nutty" about a party (the Tea Party) asking the government to not raise taxes and to not spend more than it receives in revenue?
If that is where they left their agenda at there would be nothing wrong with it, that is not the case and the American People, including many Repubs will never support one for POTUS.

Old 04-19-2015, 02:36 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,892,806 times
Default Everyone Forgets!

Quote:
If that is where they left their agenda at there would be nothing wrong with it, that is not the case and the American People, including many Repubs will never support one for POTUS.
If it was not for the Tea Party of Regular Concerned Citizens we would have deeper issues. The DNC Have Super Majority some balance to question policy is and was a very good counter weight. The Reason why some "hate and disapproved" of the Tea Party because it set the Stage for the Republicans to retake the House.

Since the Gop has taken over both Houses we are having thoughtful discussions on Budgets and spending. Questioning Obama Foreign Policy.

The Time has come we clean house and have fresh ideals an proactive solutions. why do you think Reid is retiring.
Harry even see's the writing on the wall.

Not to fear "Poor Harry" has made Millions on Land Deals in Nevada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections