Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 12:37 AM

29,250 posts, read 22,544,777 times

Advertisements

Is the Republican machine paying Hillary to run because she will be easier to defeat?

Your notion is ridiculous. Nothing but fuzzy, whack-o conspiracy nonsense. It flies against all logic to think paying the opposition for the benefit of your candidates is a winner. Money is money. Once it is exchanged for something like this, it leaves the pockets of the person you want to win to the one you don't.

You don't fatten a calf by starving it. You don't win elections by giving your money to the opposition.
Contrary thinking is always fun to ponder, but don't get suckered by it. But, by all means, feel free to believe anything you want- this particular belief will make a convenient excuse when the other person wins, and will provide lots of heated discussion here afterwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 01:18 AM

37,838 posts, read 41,190,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Is the Republican machine paying Hillary to run because she will be easier to defeat?

Your notion is ridiculous. Nothing but fuzzy, whack-o conspiracy nonsense. It flies against all logic to think paying the opposition for the benefit of your candidates is a winner. Money is money. Once it is exchanged for something like this, it leaves the pockets of the person you want to win to the one you don't.

You don't fatten a calf by starving it. You don't win elections by giving your money to the opposition.
Contrary thinking is always fun to ponder, but don't get suckered by it. But, by all means, feel free to believe anything you want- this particular belief will make a convenient excuse when the other person wins, and will provide lots of heated discussion here afterwards.
Wait, are we talking about the same thing? This has nothing to do with Hillary vs the Republicans. It has to do with trying to bring some excitement to the Democrat primary races so Democrat voters don't get bored/jaded and stay home on Election Day thinking she's going to win so why bother going to the polls when she actually runs against a Republican. The Democrat Machine wants her to be their candidate. They just want to gin up some excitement. It's about Democrat voter turnout on Election Day.

She's got like 60 percent in the latest poll. People will lose interest and think they don't have to vote because her winning is a foregone conclusion. All of this coronation talk is being spewed by the media. So how does the Democrat Machine keep Democrat voters interested? I say they create a fake Democrat primary race.

If you have any ideas on how the DNC can keep Democrat voters interested when only one candidate coasts to Election Day tell us.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:27 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,959,402 times
I think the Democratic party is starting to worry about Hillary Clintons liabilities. I don't think all democrats are sheep and some see her for what she really is. I think they are worried and would like to see another candidate win the primaries.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:01 PM

4,631 posts, read 3,447,013 times
FWIW, there are rumors that Bush is paying Graham to run so he can attack HRC and leave Bush clean.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:15 PM

21,992 posts, read 15,794,453 times
I received a survey asking if I wanted Hillary to run along with other Democratic candidates. I said yes for two reasons, 1) she needs someone to debate or it's just a speech 2) if something should go wrong, we have a back up

I will vote for the Democratic candidate regardless so if Hillary is nominated, one of the others could be her VP. It's all good.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:13 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,279,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
She's got like 60 percent in the latest poll. People will lose interest and think they don't have to vote because her winning is a foregone conclusion. All of this coronation talk is being spewed by the media. So how does the Democrat Machine keep Democrat voters interested? I say they create a fake Democrat primary race.
Someone's been watching too many Hollywood movies.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:54 PM

29,637 posts, read 16,673,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I think the Democratic party is starting to worry about Hillary Clintons liabilities. I don't think all democrats are sheep and some see her for what she really is. I think they are worried and would like to see another candidate win the primaries.
Ugh, back handed compliments are so childish, anyways....

Democrats are not ideologically monolithic, just as republicans. We also have different factions or did you miss the entire "run Warren run" saga ????

Its not a worry about Hillary, its a, "i like someone better" situation.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
FWIW, there are rumors that Bush is paying Graham to run so he can attack HRC and leave Bush clean.
I can buy that, too. If Bush wins, we'll see if Graham winds up in his cabinet.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Someone's been watching too many Hollywood movies.
C'mon, you don't want to snooze to Election Day and the Clinton scandals are apparently not spicy enough. If the Democrat primary was a TV show, it would be canceled due to lack of interest. Meanwhile, the Republican's third debate is rumored to involve bare knuckle cage fighting to see who gets to participate.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:54 AM

34,274 posts, read 17,352,927 times
Presidents McCain & Romney faced more competition than Obama did in 2012. Oops, I forgot each of the aforementioned LOST.

The notion that competition in primaries strengthens nominees is laughable at best. It creates recorded images of them pandering to NJs (fringe) used against them, successfully and properly, during the true campaign. Competition harms nominees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections