Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 10:23 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
No, no, you don't understand.

You see, The Donald had a bone spur in his little foot. It hurt! Rather like John Wayne avoided WWII due to a 'bum knee'. Rush Limbaugh suffered from a spastic colon, else he would gladly had gone to Vietnam. I myself had an ingrown toenail.
So it's Trump's fault that the military wouldn't take him?

If you have certain physical conditions, they won't accept you no matter how much you want to go.

Trump admits that he didn't want to go -- and who can blame him?

Our political leaders at the time forced American soldiers to fight with one hand tied behind their back.

As the soldiers won battles and territory, they were ordered to walk away and let the enemy return.

In the meantime, when the soldiers came home, they were spat on. Morale was so low that at the end of the war, soldiers were fragging their officers.

Barry Goldwater had it right: "If you're going to fight a war, fight to win or get the hell out."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 10:55 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Boy, you're really butt hurt. C'mon, take it like a man. You're a 'marine'.
Says the one who is butt hurt because I don't bow down to the Boy King.

How come Obama didn't volunteer?

And what are your credentials?

Oh, I guess all the libs here are war heroes -- LOL.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:02 AM

28,911 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I understand ultra conservatives (or as McCain calls them .. "the crazies") are having a fling with Trump at the moment, but we all know the fun will some day end. There is no way Trump can actually win a general election, and all but the most insane and deluded see that. They will eventually have to shop for a serious candidate... someone they can back, but also someone the moderates and swing voters will concievably back as well.

I think I know who that person is going to be .... it's going to be Scott Walker. The more I learn about this guy, the more concerned I am that he has a very real chance of getting the nomination. Anyone old enough to remember the training sequence of Ivan Drago in Rocky IV? The man trained like a machine. That's Scott Walker. This guy recently stayed up for 36-hours straight delivering his stump speech in multiple states across the nation. His last speech was a crisp as his first. He's won three elections in the past three years and has been running for one office or another every two years since 1990. He has only lost three elections. That's a pretty good lifelong record.

His platform is solidly conservative -- straight arrow on social issues with full on Reaganomics and a hawkish foreign policy stance to round him out.

Unlike the other conservative candidates the conservative wing of the Republican Party was looking to in 2012, this man is not an idiot (looking at you Perry) and he has current, relevant political experience. Walker is poised to go the distance. He may very well unseat Jeb as the nominee.

Anyone else watching him?
Nope, Scott Walker is another politician....bought and paid for by those who fund his campign
if Trump doesn't run, I'm not voting any longer...
I've seen what they've done to this country over and over again....and have bounced back and forth between the parties, and I'm sick and tired of it. During their campaigns, they promise us the world, and then do nothing...b/c they have to stay in line with whoever funds their campaigns....
I'm sorry, but I don't think we have much time left to fix the problems we're experiencing....

During their campaigns, they talk about all of our problems that need to be fixed, and once their in, they do nothing but accumulate more debt for us to pay....I cannot believe what Obama and his Wife have done to America....
and to have the politicians, refuse Obama Care, when we have to put up with it, is just insane....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 07-21-2015 at 05:39 AM..

Old 07-21-2015, 05:28 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
Scott Walker is on a crusade to destroy the University of Wisconsin-Madison, one of the country's best universities.
Walker mismanages UW's finances? I hardly think so.

Quote:
"...the hearings, the detailed audit report, the misspent money, the mismanaged project, the $28 million the system spent on an integrated technology system it never used.

“I’m angry. I’m angry not only as a taxpayer but as a former student at (the University of Wisconsin-Madison),” she told Wisconsin Reporter days after a Legislative Audit Bureau report found the UW System overpaid for pension contributions and health insurance premiums by almost $33 million over the past two years."
And much more: Deja vu: Taxpayers hit again with UW System waste

Old 07-21-2015, 05:39 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
I have a question. Why do we all (both sides) complain about politicians not delivering what they promise but keep voting for them anyway?

The news media makes their living off of them and so do the lobbyists but what's our excuse?

Old 07-21-2015, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I have a question. Why do we all (both sides) complain about politicians not delivering what they promise but keep voting for them anyway?

The news media makes their living off of them and so do the lobbyists but what's our excuse?
Because, believe it or not....a whole lot of people are uninformed...don't listen to the news and stay loyal to their corrupt parties.

Laura, you've seen the comments on here? The liberals attacking the Rhinos and visa versa....? I don't understand it either, but no matter what, you can't get through to them. We've all been brainwashed by our parents, that we must remain loyal to our politicians, ever if they are corrupt....we allow our political affiliation to define us....

I have an older friend who is a darling woman....but she doesn't know anything at all about politics and simply votes republican b/c that is how she was raised to vote, and sadly, there are so so so many people out there like that....

However, she is presently so disgusted, she says, she may not vote....

And then there are people like Rush/Sean....CNN, and Fox News...they all have an agenda....people don't want to realize, how corrupt they all are....people don't want to hear the truth if it's negative, and all the while these parties are destroying America.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Because, believe it or not....a whole lot of people are uninformed...don't listen to the news and stay loyal to their corrupt parties.

Laura, you've seen the comments on here? The liberals attacking the Rhinos and visa versa....? I don't understand it either, but no matter what, you can't get through to them. We've all been brainwashed by our parents, that we must remain loyal to our politicians, ever if they are corrupt....we allow our political affiliation to define us....

I have an older friend who is a darling woman....but she doesn't know anything at all about politics and simply votes republican b/c that is how she was raised to vote, and sadly, there are so so so many people out there like that....

However, she is presently so disgusted, she says, she may not vote....

And then there are people like Rush/Sean....CNN, and Fox News...they all have an agenda....people don't want to realize, how corrupt they all are....people don't want to hear the truth if it's negative, and all the while these parties are destroying America.

What bothers me the most, is when people come into the politician forums, and tear a new one in the opposite party's comment....as if their party is squeeky clean...they don't have a clue? And what's worse, when they resort to insults, they don't even realize how utterly stupid they sound. They have nothing constructive to offer, so they resort to insulting the other person...? God, our country is in deep poop.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:06 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Where are you getting that oprah crap?
Just more liberal nonsense.

Bob.
Straight from the horses mouth Bob.... Really!?! Why would I be promoting Liberal nonsense?! Cmon Bob get up to speed!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2260917

Donald Trump wants Oprah Winfrey as running mate in Republican presidential campaign | Daily Mail Online

Donald Trump: Oprah Winfrey ‘Would Be Great’ Running Mate « CBS DC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections