Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:23 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,738,324 times

Advertisements

Let's face it, whether you're democrat or republican, liberal or conservative, ya gotta admit it, the guy is an enigma. Bill Clinton survived impeachment, Lewinsky, Flowers, the media, Newt Gingrich, a heart attack, all kinda slings and arrows, this-gate and that-gate and still the guy ended up with a 67% rating when he left the White House. Compare that with the current president's 29% popularity. BTW I didn't vote for either one.

Went on to raise billions, yes billions of dollars for all kinds of causes (Aids in Africa, Tsunami relief in the Far East, Earthquake refugee funding in Pakistan).

Made many mistakes in his tenure but left us with a budgetary surplus. Still popular in this country but even more beloved internationally than any contemporary president. Considered by many political technocrats as a brilliant political strategist. I could go on and on but don't want all you Clinton haters to vomit. All I ask is be honest and admit at least the guy is a survivor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 03:30 AM

403 posts, read 749,139 times
Quote:
Love him or hate him, Bill Clinton is the most popular President alive
Quote:

Let's face it, whether you're democrat or republican, liberal or conservative, ya gotta admit it, the guy is an enigma. Bill Clinton survived impeachment, Lewinsky, Flowers, the media, Newt Gingrich, a heart attack, all kinda slings and arrows, this-gate and that-gate and still the guy ended up with a 67% rating when he left the White House. Compare that with the current president's 29% popularity. BTW I didn't vote for either one.

Went on to raise billions, yes billions of dollars for all kinds of causes (Aids in Africa, Tsunami relief in the Far East, Earthquake refugee funding in Pakistan).

Made many mistakes in his tenure but left us with a budgetary surplus. Still popular in this country but even more beloved internationally than any contemporary president. Considered by many political technocrats as a brilliant political strategist. I could go on and on but don't want all you Clinton haters to vomit. All I ask is be honest and admit at least the guy is a survivor.

1) Well, he cheated on his wife for almost 5 to 7 times(he got caught with monica only) and Hillary still kept him. Either he is too good or she has some serious self-respect issue.

2) Love him or hate him, Bill Clinton is the most popular President alive..... Bad things happen to good countries.

3) I hate Bush too.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:52 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,611,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post

1) Well, he cheated on his wife for almost 5 to 7 times(he got caught with monica only) and Hillary still kept him. Either he is too good or she has some serious self-respect issue.

That says it all!

Old 01-25-2008, 04:57 AM

365 posts, read 699,480 times
it would be interesting now to see how things went if JFK, Bobby Kennedy and Bill Clinton were all turned loose in the White House pool with Marilyn Monroe like what happened years ago, Id like to see what Jacqueline would say to Hillary, Jackie put up with it, guess it aint no different for old Hill, seem to remember Jackie being quoted as saying to Marilyn Monroe "you can have him, if he'll have you".... I dont think Bill is all that famous a prez, at least not in this regard, the Kennedys are one up on him...

Old 01-25-2008, 05:27 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,173,251 times
I think Bill Clinton has a down home type personality and demeanor that makes people feel comfortable around him.
If he was your neighbor or drinking buddy I think he would be someone you would like on a day to day basis.
Yes, he made marital mistakes and I didn't agree with all of his political decisions. JFK was a ladys man. So was Ike and FDR and probably many others according to the history books.
I never heard about Carter or Nixon being involved with women. Carter had a high moral standard, Nixon was too damned ugly.
Presidents are just human like the rest of us. No one is perfect. It is what they do for our country that concerns me most.
If George W Bush was a stone cold, celibate virgin I still wouldn't like him. Thank God his little banty rooster, strutting style of running the country will be over after the next election.
I liked his Dad alot better.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:03 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,634,279 times
Yep, he's the most popular president alive. Thats only because Reagan is dead.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:07 AM

50,387 posts, read 64,034,538 times
That depends upon what circles you run in. I don't know anyone who doesn't think he's a low life has been.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
Let's face it, whether you're democrat or republican, liberal or conservative, ya gotta admit it, the guy is an enigma.
Did you mean to say enima?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
Made many mistakes in his tenure but left us with a budgetary surplus
Thanks to him signing the bills that passed his desk, put into place from the Republicans.. Like the balanced budgets, line item veto, the welfare to work plans etc...

Clinton not being afraid to shut down the government until he got a balanced budget, is pretty much the best thing he had going for him... Republicans being willing to give him that balanced budget should not be discounted as the reason we had good times then, vs the runaway spending we have now.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:47 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
[/b]

That says it all!

What does it say other than that the Clinton's weathered a storm that by most studies has been weathered by hundreds of thousands of other American couples on both sides of the aisle?

The only difference I see is that most couples don't have their problems dragged out in public by some witch hunting adulterer like good ol' Newt.

And I'm not trying to justify adultery, it's just a fact that it's far from an uncommon problem that knows no politiocal, racial, religious, ethnic,or economic boundaries.

Last edited by burdell; 01-25-2008 at 09:56 AM..

Old 01-25-2008, 09:51 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Did you mean to say enima?
What's an enima?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thanks to him signing the bills that passed his desk, put into place from the Republicans.. Like the balanced budgets, line item veto, the welfare to work plans etc...

Clinton not being afraid to shut down the government until he got a balanced budget, is pretty much the best thing he had going for him... Republicans being willing to give him that balanced budget should not be discounted as the reason we had good times then, vs the runaway spending we have now.
Gee, if all this alleged economic prowess is solely the Republicans' why did they stop exhibiting it as soon as a Republican was elected POTUS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections