Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2015, 02:51 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,481,710 times

Advertisements

Trump's 'blood' comment got him booted from the RedState Gathering and into a pissing war with it's organizers (redstate.org).

I Have Disinvited Donald Trump to the RedState Gathering - redstate.org

"I have tried to give a great deal of latitude to Donald Trump in his run for the Presidency.
He is not a professional politician and is known for being a blunt talker. He connects with so much of the anger in the Republican base and is not afraid to be outspoken on a lot of issues. But there are even lines blunt talkers and unprofessional politicians should not cross. Decency is one of those lines.

Donald Trump: Megyn Kelly had 'blood coming out of her wherever' - CNNPolitics.com

Erickson said while he likes Trump personally, "I just don't want someone on stage who gets a hostile question from a lady and his first inclination is to imply it was hormonal. It just was wrong."

But the Trump campaign fired back, saying "this is just another example of weakness through being politically correct."

"For all of the people who were looking forward to Mr. Trump coming, we will miss you," his campaign said. "Blame Erick Erickson, your weak and pathetic leader. We'll now be doing another campaign stop at another location."

But the RedState Gathering will go on without Trump. This year, the annual event features fellow GOP presidential candidates Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina, Mike Huckabee, Bobby Jindal, Rick Perry, Marco Rubio and Scott Walker.

Old 08-08-2015, 02:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
I'll bet their ratings suck.

Just looked. Their Facebook is getting hammered by people condemning this move.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:02 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,481,710 times
I Have Disinvited Donald Trump to the RedState Gathering | RedState
minnemike • 3 hours ago
It is fascinating to watch as over the past 18 hours Trump has displayed exactly the behavior that Megyn Kelly was questioning him about during the debate.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:07 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,511,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I Have Disinvited Donald Trump to the RedState Gathering | RedState
minnemike • 3 hours ago
It is fascinating to watch as over the past 18 hours Trump has displayed exactly the behavior that Megyn Kelly was questioning him about during the debate.
Exactly! He's also throwing a general tantrum (Twitter, etc...) that one would expect from a two year old.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:24 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,446,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Oh poor Donald. He is being bullied. He might not attend next debate... Where's mommy?

At least Christie is a bully that knows how to attack back. If you gonna be a freaking bully don't use the victim card and grow some thick skin. Wimp!
As if you ever liked him anyway.

He was asked his opinion on her, and he gave it.

Don't like it?

Too bad.

Last edited by dechatelet; 08-08-2015 at 04:09 AM..

Old 08-08-2015, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
If this is how he reacts to Megyn Kelly imagine how he'd react as Commander in Chief.
America's enemies might not like him.

Remind me to lose some sleep over that.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:41 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
Trump seems a righties dream candidate, hes a birther,hates Obama, will drop Obamacare,hates Hillary and all the other rightie hate points, is not controlled by dubious financial interests like the Koch bros or off shore interests, How people hate this guy i have no idea.
How people can prefer the rest of those career politicians i dont know. Ya just got to look at Jeb Bush to notice this stiff just exudes bumbling incompetence.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
...Am I supposed to feel great about a corrupt business man who buys politicians' favors?
It's not the businessman who's corrupt, it's the politicians. They're supposed to represent the people. The businessman is supposed to make money without breaking the law. It's not against the law to support politicians who do favors for you. It should be, but it isn't.

Quote:
That's like a John bragging about the prostitutes he has hired. Isn't the John just as guilty or even more guilty that the prostitute?
Wrong. Hiring a prostitute in most places is illegal. All Trump has done is pointed out that they (his rivals) are prostitutes, whereas he is not because he can't be bought. It's brilliant when you think about it.

Quote:
What makes anybody think Trump is not gonna keep participating in the same scheme?
The only way he could do that as president would be to "buy" himself. He doesn't need to do that, obviously.

Quote:
Where is the logic here?
Yes. When it comes to his critics, where is it, indeed?

Quote:
Has this country lost its sanity? You are voting for a president, not a freaking comedian. If you don't want another crook you don't elect one that openly admits being one.
"Crook" implies illegality. What has Trump done that is illegal in this case? Nothing. He is doing us all a favor by revealing the inner workings of a corrupt system that would exist no matter what he did.

Do you want a President who has sold out to the highest bidder, or one who can't be bought?

You talk about clowns. Draw the appropriate conclusion if you can.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Typically Trump, he disses on a nearby woman instead of his declared Republican opponents.
Has anyone bothered to tell him Kelly is not running for President? Because obviously he's missed that important point.
He wasn't attacked by his Republican opponents, with the exception of Ron Paul.

He was attacked by Miss Goldilocks, who is still looking for the Three Bears.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:59 AM

15,540 posts, read 10,524,428 times
Not a Trump fan, but it crossed my mind that Kelly was pms-ing. I don't know what Wallace's excuse was. They asked the most stupid gotcha questions, the debate was a waste of my time. I take that back, it reminded me of why I don't watch cable news anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections