Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 04:00 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,684,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
A lot of Republican voters probably find that admirable. There is a certain perverse mentality among some conservatives that if a corporate CEO can bend over the government, abuse their workers, get a tax payer funded bailout, avoid taxes as much as possible, squeeze every red cent of profit possible, and then get a golden parachute, it is somehow patriotic. Those are the people Carly Fiorina appeals to.

Can't remember the singer or the name of the song, but I remember one line;

"we dream of stealing two bazillion dollars, and getting away with it.
we are a freedom loving country, and nothing says freedom like "getting away with it".

Seems Carly Fiorina and Don Trump have both "gotten away with it".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 04:27 PM

11,863 posts, read 5,835,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't know what your political beliefs are, but I can tell you that as long as conservatives keep feeding themselves these types of excuses as to why their candidates are not elected, they will continue to lose. Look to the candidates that have run, rather than blaming it on everything else in the world.

You know how it sounds when sports teams and players make excuses for the reason they lost? Similar to politics.

Did you actually watch the Lazio/Clinton debate for NY senate election? He did not perform well, and this was the turning point.

And frankly, I am sick to death of those who continually push the idiotic excuse that Obama won because of his skin color. Other blacks and women have run for office and lost.

En - I'm a Democrat and have been for the last 40 yrs. My dad was a NY State delegate for Jimmy Carter and I've been involved in political campaigns since. I'm not making excuses but being honest. Hillary won not because she spoke well but because of who she was and the fact she was a woman. This from someone who actually made those phone calls for candidates and polled who democrats were voting for.

Yes - other black and female candidates have won and lost but this was the first black President. Libs wanted something to crow about and since Hillary wasn't gaining the votes because she was a woman - the Dems just swapped her out for an unknown who was sure to gain support due to his color.

There are still Democrats that can think for themselves and don't vote party lines - but it's far and few between it seems.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:42 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,392,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Exactly. The right wing worship of anyone with a business background, even if there were objectively disastrous in those roles, is more than a little baffling.

It's like they suffer from some mass delusion and live in hope that someday they too will get to be CEO and drive a company into the ground while enriching themselves.

To rational people, business experience is only a good thing if you weren't horrifically bad at it.

Carly Fiorina worked her way up to CEO. She did not just given that job because her husband was pulling strings. Actually having a job and possibly failing is EXPERIENCE that you learn from.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:06 PM

11,863 posts, read 5,835,602 times
But LetsRock - she not only failed at Lucent - she also failed at HP and walked away with $87 million for being a failure - not who of us could be that lucky. Three striked and you're out - I'm not taking that chance on America.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:11 PM

47,008 posts, read 26,056,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Actually having a job and possibly failing is EXPERIENCE that you learn from.
The bigger messes people leave behind, the more experienced they are? I am beginning to see the GOP selection process.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:33 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The bigger messes people leave behind, the more experienced they are? I am beginning to see the GOP selection process.
It really is bizarre, isn't it?

It doesn't make any sense. We have no evidence that she learned anything at any point in her private sector career. She helped lead Lucent to disaster. She then waltzed into HP and did her best to destroy it. Now she's unemployable in the private sector and wastes her time and golden parachute money trying to convince voters to let her destroy the country like she's destroyed everything else she's touched.

There was also the hilarious 2008 incident in which she said that neither McCain nor Palin had what it takes to run a corporation (because she's obviously an authority on the matter). This was while she was working with the campaign. She can't even handle being a campaign talking head without completely screwing it up.

Last edited by i7pXFLbhE3gq; 08-10-2015 at 05:46 PM..

Old 08-10-2015, 08:57 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,049,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I actually liked her until I found out that HP was so desparate to get rid of her that they paid her the last 3+ years of her contract. Before that it was Lucent Technologies.

what a crook. That's some bernie madoff-level crookery. Can't believe she made off with that much money

Old 08-10-2015, 09:02 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,235,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Check out Fiorina's performance at HP.

President Fiorina? How Carly did at HP | America's Markets
Already starting to scare the left...our chick is better than yours......period.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:21 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,133,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Already starting to scare the left...our chick is better than yours......period.
I see what you did there, Mr. Trump.

Mick

Old 08-11-2015, 06:26 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,133,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
No, the left is trying to rain on your premature circle jerk.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections