Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 03:17 AM

37,827 posts, read 41,161,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"Donald Trump remains ratings gold for Fox News Channel, as Sean Hannity’s interview with the Republican presidential hopeful produced the top demo score for any cable news program on Tuesday night. Less than a week after FNC set cable news ratings records for the first primetime GOP debate of the 2016 election cycle, “Hannity” averaged 628,000 adults 25-54 on Tuesday for its exclusive interview with Trump. With its top delivery since April, “Hannity” beat the combined 10 p.m. demo totals of CNN (170,000 for “CNN Tonight”) and MSNBC (101,000 for “Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell”).“Hannity” ranked No. 1 in adults 25-54 — ahead of FNC skedmates “The Kelly File” (503,000) and “The O’Reilly Factor” (421,000), with Eric Bolling filling in as guest host for Bill O’Reilly on the latter."
Donald Trump Interview Boosts Ratings for Fox News Channel’s ‘Hannity’ | Variety

I'm guessing since the second part of the interview was Wednesday, Hannity will do well then, too, and since he got specifics out of Donald Trump, which the Fox moderators couldn't seem to accomplish with combat journalism, I'm thinking, "Good for Hannity!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 03:32 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,461,193 times
CNN and MSNBC are devoting even more time to Trump than Fox.

Smart move -- they're stealing Fox viewers and know it.

They're even saying nice things about the Donald. Anderson Cooper has called him "charming," and Lawrence O'Donnell has talked about how much he personally likes Trump.

In the meantime, Megyn Kelly acts like her little kerfluffle with the Donald never happened, and O'Reilly is (conveniently) on vacation.

If Fox thinks Hannity alone can placate their viewers, they have another "think" coming.

On the other hand, if Trump's specifics make him out to be a liberal Democrat, then Fox will be okay.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:01 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,193,160 times
I wish his show was still on at 8 so I could watch it and American Dad.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:21 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

But wait, I have heard here that the mainstream media and MSNBC have an obvious liberal agenda? Why would they give Mr. Trump so much coverage instead of Democratic candidates?

I know why . . . . . capitalism!!!

Mick

Old 08-13-2015, 07:23 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,078,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
But wait, I have heard here that the mainstream media and MSNBC have an obvious liberal agenda? Why would they give Mr. Trump so much coverage instead of Democratic candidates?
Probably because they want to limit coverage on Hillary's email scandal.

Old 08-13-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

They're even saying nice things about the Donald. Anderson Cooper has called him "charming," and Lawrence O'Donnell has talked about how much he personally likes Trump.

In the meantime, Megyn Kelly acts like her little kerfluffle with the Donald never happened, and O'Reilly is (conveniently) on vacation.

If Fox thinks Hannity alone can placate their viewers, they have another "think" coming.

On the other hand, if Trump's specifics make him out to be a liberal Democrat, then Fox will be okay.
CNN's motive is they want the uptick in ratings. Don't forget they are next on the debate schedule. And lastly, while they might loathe the idea of a President Trump, the media has been complaining about no-access Obama and Bush wasn't too fond of them either. Imagine a president who actually wants them around (some of them). Imagine a president who might pop in to the White House press room from time to time. Imagine a president who lets the media in for photos. If I was the media I would be salivating at the idea of a President Trump...well, except for Megyn Kelly.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:01 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,366,187 times
Even CNN guests are complaining that CNN has become Trump’s network. Which I agree, and by the way that’s why I watch them. Don Lemon had an answer though. He said Trump calls in or answers our call but we can’t get anyone else on the show. He asked the “Republican strategist”, which looked real irritated, to ask Bush to show up. Oh, that Ana Navaro. Why do they drag that poor soul on the set and night after night show her Bush’s falling numbers. She has run out of “explanations”.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:34 AM

20,323 posts, read 21,116,243 times
We keep forgetting politicians work for us. We are their boss.
That's the way it's supposed to be.
Instead they've become like celebrities and we make things work for them.
Ironically Trump is a celebrity, yet he can make time to answer the phone, return calls, make appearances, etc...

Government employees work for the people, it's not the other way around. Actually it is, but it's not supposed to work that way.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:23 AM

998 posts, read 667,705 times
Hillary is trying to stay out of prison at this point.

Bernie is handing his campaign rallies to #BlackLivesMatter "protestors" and Jeb is appeasing them because he is a weak man.

Trump is out there talking to everyone, and laying out specifics on his policies. On most subjects, he's given the clearest answers of any candidate. He's leading the polls because he's a strong man and he is -- by far -- doing the best job of getting his message out. I think the media and people in general are finally starting to realize that, holy ****, we could have Trump as president 16 months from now.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Hillary is trying to stay out of prison at this point.
Does Nancy Grace still have a TV show? I wonder which prison gang Hillary will align herself with? Tattoos? Maybe she'll become a Muslim terrorist in prison. Pantsuits/jumpsuits, whatever? Actually, if she's convicted it will be just in time for Obama to pardon her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections