Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 08:31 AM

436 posts, read 343,226 times

Advertisements

I thought I would post a heads up to any of you who may use this street in Homewood, particularly in the morning. I cut through Homewood every morning and come down Kelly Street to make a right turn on to 5th Avenue. As you approach the stop sign, there is a building on the left that says "Kelly Street Project". Turns out, it's a Methadone clinic, which explains what I witnesses. As I approached the stop sign this morning, a guy and a girl were getting out of a car. The guy shuts his door and literally walks right out in front of me without looking. This happens on a weekly basis, along with people coming to a complete stop to let an entire car load of people off or to pick them up. Totally clueless to the fact that it's a public street and it's rush hour. So after leaving my son off at daycare, I Googled the address and found a phone number to call. I got someone on the phone claiming to be a supervisor and expressed my concern, and they informed me that this person was a patient and that others have been hit in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 09:12 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,393,123 times
it has been there forever. a little traffic inconvenience is better than them breaking into your house for drug money. i worked there years ago doing electrcal repairs, they are owned by upmc.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:38 AM

281 posts, read 340,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8YearsinPittsburgh View Post
Turns out, it's a Methadone clinic, which explains what I witnesses. As I approached the stop sign this morning, a guy and a girl were getting out of a car. The guy shuts his door and literally walks right out in front of me without looking.

Is jaywalking a methadone clinic thing? Please explain?

Old 12-17-2014, 09:47 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,595,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw_now_what View Post
Is jaywalking a methadone clinic thing? Please explain?
Every single jaywalker you see is on methadone, except for me.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:59 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,163,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Every single jaywalker you see is on methadone, except for me.
Murray Ave is clearly riddled with Methadone users.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
Murray Ave is clearly riddled with Methadone users.
It wasn't exactly jaywalking, but yesterday I saw a guy jogging on Fifth Avenue in Oakland right before Craig street. He was running on the street, not the sidewalk, after dark. I guess that he was worried about his feet and the hardness on the concrete sidewalk compared to the asphalt street. I don't know how he didn't die. He wasn't even wearing anything particularly reflective.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:50 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
It wasn't exactly jaywalking, but yesterday I saw a guy jogging on Fifth Avenue in Oakland right before Craig street. He was running on the street, not the sidewalk, after dark. I guess that he was worried about his feet and the hardness on the concrete sidewalk compared to the asphalt street. I don't know how he didn't die. He wasn't even wearing anything particularly reflective.
Ugh. People in Squirrel Hill do this all the time. It's so annoying. As if it's not bad enough that it's dark at 5 PM and raining, now you also have to watch out for not only cyclists but also joggers IN THE STREET because they think they're too good for sidewalks.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Ugh. People in Squirrel Hill do this all the time. It's so annoying. As if it's not bad enough that it's dark at 5 PM and raining, now you also have to watch out for not only cyclists but also joggers IN THE STREET because they think they're too good for sidewalks.
I do it in Squirrel Hill, but not on the main streets.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:04 PM

436 posts, read 343,226 times
I simply posted this to give people a heads up. Its not even jaywalking to me, it's nearly suicide. I use Kelly street as a short cut, thinking many of you may too, and have way to many encounters here.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:48 PM

1,860 posts, read 2,579,496 times
I drive Hamilton and sometimes I see pretty zombified looking people walking to the bus stop and not paying attention to their surroundings.

The methodone clinic was on Wash Blvd before. Maybe they moved it up the hill a bit?

One more reason not to text and drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: