Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 01:40 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I hear cries of Democrats/liberals everywhere that if Donald Trump doesn't win the nomination, he won't go independent. That's exactly what they wanted so that he could take away votes from the Republican nominee.
The Democrats will win. Trump is all bluster, no substance. All of his proposals are just talking points or will cost this nation more. The only somewhat decent proposal he made was the new tax system. Otherwise, he's the same as everything else. Trump tapped into those who complain about the system and will only vote if he is on the ballot. Trump is galvanizing to the Republican brand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 02:02 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,611 times
Ross Perot
Ralph Nader
Ed Clark
John Schmitz

Ahh Yes!

Who will ever forget the great contributions of these previous IND candidates.

How much they were able to shape the country with their great vision.

Definitely IND is the way to go!

Old 09-04-2015, 02:10 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
My thoughts exactly, at precisely this point....

Click on the user name, view public profile, and open the "user lists" menu.

My Goodness. A man for All reasons. Thanks VERY MUCH.

BTW, '99 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series with 100,000 miles as good as Crown Vic...Right?!!

Both by FORD.

Old 09-04-2015, 03:00 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
My Goodness. A man for All reasons. Thanks VERY MUCH.

BTW, '99 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series with 100,000 miles as good as Crown Vic...Right?!!

Both by FORD.
They're both great cars and essentially the same car underneath the skin. I've had my Crown Vic for 10 years and have learned all about their common little quirks and a couple of major concerns - things to watch out for when shopping.

From 1996 - 2001, the 4.6L engines in these cars were made with a plastic intake manifold that tends to crack and split eventually, spewing coolant, because of the strain from the alternator mounting. 1995s and earlier had an all aluminum manifold and thus do not have this issue. For this reason my view is that 1995 and earlier are the best years to look for when panther (Town Car, Grand Marquis, Crown Victoria) shopping. They redesigned the manifold for 2002 with an aluminum piece across the front, but the rest is still plastic. 1995 and earlier were better.

My other comment about that year Town Car is strictly personal feeling about the styling. In my opinion, they ruined them in the 1998 major styling overhaul. 1997 and earlier were reminiscent of the classic Lincolns and far more eye appealing. But that's just my opinion. It's shared by many, though, because often a clean '97 will fetch considerably more $$ than 98s - 02s. Still, for the '96 and '97s, you must look closely at the intake manifold to see if it has been replaced. Some have, some haven't. An original all-plastic manifold is big trouble waiting to happen and will cost you many hundreds to get replaced if you're not one to take it on yourself.

AGCO Automotive Repair Service - Baton Rouge, LA - Detailed Auto Topics - Ford 4.6L Plastic Intake Manifold Problems

Also check to see if the air suspension bags have been replaced. If not, you're gonna have a sagging rear end (it can scrape the ground) and probably sooner than later. I replaced mine with coils, so removed that worry. If there is any difference in the ride, it is barely noticeable and negligible.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:17 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
You know nothing, pal.

Nobody was a bigger Trump supporter than me.

Check the ton's of Threads and Political Ads I've done on this Elections Forum for over 2 1/2 Solid months.

Whaddya think I did that for if I did not SUPPORT Trump?!!

But, after he said he would not sign in the 1st Debate...but did ....I was furious. I CARE ABOUT Principle.

Trump doesn't have that, it was clear to me.

You don't know me. You are wrong, tho, pal. I was a Strong supporter of Trump. NOT NOW.
Your not a supporter for the long haul. Have fun voting for the machine

Old 09-04-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Your not a supporter for the long haul. Have fun voting for the machine

Proving how little you (think) know. Trump started out June 16, Firing up thousands who had not voted at all......to want to register to Vote. Well now, after he signed that pledge...thousands who WERE going to vote for him....now won't vote. Comprende??

Old 09-06-2015, 01:08 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Wink Things that make you go Hmmm....

Quote:
...... Well now, after he signed that pledge...thousands who WERE going to vote for him....now won't vote. Comprende??
I take note you ignore post asking which candidate you support now.

You were very vocal about supporting Trump, why continue to talk about him if you no longer support him? You should be making very vocal posts about your "new" candidate but there is nothing, zero, zilch. Interesting dichotomy that can only be explained by one of two possibilities.
  1. You never supported Trump in the first place. So you create straw man, burn it, then claim it makes Trump unelectable. Make wild claim that 1000s think just like you so this must make you right.
  2. You realize what I said is true. There is no other candidate that is better than Trump. So this topic will die off and you will quietly vote for Trump when push comes to shove.
Your choice.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:32 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Although Trump signed the pledge, it's important to note that it is not legally binding. Trump can still change his mind at any time if he wasn't treated fairly.

This being said, the mere fact that he signed pledge means that he realized that he needs Republicans to win. There are still many Republicans dislike him with a passion. By signing the pledge, he might get some of the loyal Republican votes.

I now believe Donald Trump really wanted Republican candidate to eventually win presidency. I no longer believe he is secretly helping Hillary Clinton.

Let's face it, Trump’s current success in the crowded Republican race masks his weakness in a two-way contest. Trump may be benefiting from deep support even though he lacks depth of support. Not many voters like him, but the voters that do like him seem to like him better than anybody else in the race. That sort of deep support is powerful in a multi-candidate field where a candidate who can secure as little as 20-30 percent of the vote can win. However, it creates problems in a two-way race, where victory requires amassing support from half the electorate.

I think Trump has changed strategy, by supporting a Republican candidate, Republican party has a real chance to actually win the presidency in 2016.

Signing the loyalty pledge might be the win win situation for Trump. It might be a win win situation for Republican party as a whole.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I take note you ignore post asking which candidate you support now.

You were very vocal about supporting Trump, why continue to talk about him if you no longer support him? You should be making very vocal posts about your "new" candidate but there is nothing, zero, zilch. Interesting dichotomy that can only be explained by one of two possibilities.
  1. You never supported Trump in the first place. So you create straw man, burn it, then claim it makes Trump unelectable. Make wild claim that 1000s think just like you so this must make you right.
  2. You realize what I said is true. There is no other candidate that is better than Trump. So this topic will die off and you will quietly vote for Trump when push comes to shove.
Your choice.
You remind of a total spinmeister bogus TV Analyst? Why make up this False nonsense?

I totally supported Trump. Attracted by his Spot-on-Target, Accurate assessments of the many WRONGS in the nation NOW.

But, I AM FERVENT on PRINCIPLE. You tell me you WILL NOT do this or that, but after a short time, you DO exactly what you claimed you would NOT DO, You just lost my Trust and confidence, probably FOREVER.

When Trump signed the Pledge deal with the devil, i.e., GOP, he lost my support and really disgusted me....for the fact I had put so much into backing him, before he let me down.

No other candidate is worth my time or attention. I'm very SERIOUS when I state, ''A RAT Race can ONLY be won by a Rat.

IMO, that's what you have NOW.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:58 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,611 times
Quote:
Proving how little you (think) know. Trump started out June 16, Firing up thousands who had not voted at all......to want to register to Vote. Well now, after he signed that pledge...thousands who WERE going to vote for him....now won't vote. Comprende??

Then you are as irrelevant as you always have been.

Those who do not vote really ought to forfeit their right to cry and moan about how bad things are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections