Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 08:43 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,333,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Paul never generated the support and love that his dad's followers had. Ron had the conviction and strength to speak out for our constitutional rights, and his followers loved him for it. When Rand does it, he sounds petulant. I wanted to get behind Rand but lost interest in his lackluster campaign. I think Rand Paul has lost interest as well.

Agreed. I was a huge Ron Paul supporter in 2008 and 2012, actively campaigning for him in the most recent election. Rand is nothing like his father. Among other issues, I think he really rubbed us the wrong way when he endorsed Romney. He lacks what drew myself and others to Ron's campaign. If he were nominated, I would vote for Rand in the general, but I could care less about his 3% race in the GOP primaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 10:33 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,651,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachlooter View Post
Why did Rubio fall 5 percent?
I don't place a whole lot of faith in these polls, especially this early on, but I think Rubio has fallen because he's staying clear of the mud-slinging; that's definitely NOT his style. I don't like that he's a Super PAC-er, but he has a reasonable, intelligent, thoughtful, and decent mind and demeanor. I think he would be an excellent asset to the White House -- at least in some capacity.

Give it time; I think he and a few others (even Jim Webb on the Democrat side) who don't wish to partake in this circus-like atmosphere will emerge later, when it starts to die down. And I think it will.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:21 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,695,777 times
Where are all the people who have been telling us in no uncertain terms that Trump wouldn't last, Trump would withdraw, Trump is a joke? They seem to have grown silent. Maybe they went to the same bar as those who were telling us all summer long that King Hillary would be the next President because the polls proved it.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:10 AM

9,381 posts, read 14,338,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Trump is simply our Berlusconi.

Most Americans would be embarrassed to have him as president.

Glad to see that you picked that up.

But also remember, and this is very important, Berlusconi/Trump is more of a reflection of the people who oppose him than the people who support him.

I'll be your mirror (reflect what you are)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMeZCPbM6bA

Old 09-11-2015, 05:05 AM

33,588 posts, read 18,205,953 times
Trump was needed to get the people to pay attention to what this country has become. The message was LOUD and CLEAR.. and people listened and liked what they heard.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:46 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,154,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I am interested in this also. What gives -- did he make some big snafu I didn't hear about?
He's a lot more on the ball than Ben Carson.
Illegal immigration. He made a mega mistake aligning himself with John McCain (gag!) and Lindsey Graham (gag!) in the Group of 8 Republican's who worked with Democrats (gag!) on a path to citizenship for illegal aliens while lying to us about border security and illegals paying back taxes (false).

I'm not a politician, but I certainly know that McCain/Graham/Democrats are the LAST people you align yourself with if you want the conservative vote in America. The people have not forgotten this transgression, especially primary voters.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:54 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Illegal immigration. He made a mega mistake aligning himself with John McCain (gag!) and Lindsey Graham (gag!) in the Group of 8 Republican's who worked with Democrats (gag!) on a path to citizenship for illegal aliens while lying to us about border security and illegals paying back taxes (false).

I'm not a politician, but I certainly know that McCain/Graham/Democrats are the LAST people you align yourself with if you want the conservative vote in America. The people have not forgotten this transgression, especially primary voters.
Also little reported:

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) cast the deciding vote for Obamatrade on Tuesday as it squeaked through the U.S. Senate 60-37, and his Senate office is still outright refusing to answer whether he even knew what he was voting on. Rubio, a Republican presidential candidate, was the deciding vote necessary for the U.S. Senate to clear the final 60-vote threshold and eventually, later this week, send to President Barack Obama’s desk the Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) bill that would fast-track at least three highly secretive trade deals that Obama has been negotiating for years. TPA will, now that it’s going to pass, effectively ensure the congressional approval of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), Trade in Services Agreement (TiSA) and Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (T-TIP). The text of the TiSA and T-TIP agreements is currently entirely secretive, even to lawmakers on Capitol Hill and their staffs, though WikiLeaks did uncover several TiSA documents that leaked and prove the deal would surrender congressional power over U.S. immigration policy to the executive branch and perhaps to a newly created transnational entity.

Marco Rubio Casts Deciding Vote For Obamatrade Without Even Reading It - Breitbart

Why didn't anyone ask him about it in the first debate? Will CNN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections