Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 01:22 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,050,601 times

Advertisements

1. Denial- Oh hell no. Trump is running?!

1.5 Denial- Oh hell no. Trump is leading in the polls?!

2. Anger- F U Trump!

3. Bargaining- maybe if I stop watching trump on TV, the media will check the Nielsen TV ratings and stop putting his face on camera

4. Depression- *sigh* ........ Trump won the primary.

5. Acceptance- Alright. F it. I'll vote for Trump.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:29 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,504,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post

2. Anger- F U Trump!

3. Bargaining- maybe if I stop watching trump on TV, the media will check the Nielsen TV ratings and stop putting his face on camera

Anger @ American citizens for even giving him a chance. But Cain, Bachman, Buchanan, Robertson all had their day and ended up nowhere to be seen at the end, so there's hope.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:37 AM

1,268 posts, read 800,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post

2. Anger- F U Trump!

I get so confused by this republican logic. When it started, it was Cruz we were supposed to be running from in fear. Now, Donald Trump, a reality TV host, is the second coming. I love that you have at least a basic foundation of the Kubler-Ross stages of grief; however, your application is incorrect.

Republicans have a very tough time understanding polls. Remember Obama v Romney. Although every poll had Obama clearly leading, post after post described a Romney win because the media sold you on his "gains" in the poll as winning the polls. It wasn't manipulation. Romney GAINED in the polls, but never took the lead. He lost handily as every reputable poll predicted--to the shock of republicans. Trump is leading early in the Republican primaries, but he is losing handily against the Democrats on a national stage. Hopefully, Trump will be the competitor against the Democrat nominee. It will assure a Democrat win. Like you learned the last time that gains don't equate to winning, primaries of just republican voters are vastly different from general elections of all registered voters.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:46 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,972,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
I get so confused by this republican logic. When it started, it was Cruz we were supposed to be running from in fear. Now, Donald Trump, a reality TV host, is the second coming. I love that you have at least a basic foundation of the Kubler-Ross stages of grief; however, your application is incorrect.

Republicans have a very tough time understanding polls. Remember Obama v Romney. Although every poll had Obama clearly leading, post after post described a Romney win because the media sold you on his "gains" in the poll as winning the polls. It wasn't manipulation. Romney GAINED in the polls, but never took the lead. He lost handily as every reputable poll predicted--to the shock of republicans. Trump is leading early in the Republican primaries, but he is losing handily against the Democrats on a national stage. Hopefully, Trump will be the competitor against the Democrat nominee. It will assure a Democrat win. Like you learned the last time that gains don't equate to winning, primaries of just republican voters are vastly different from general elections of all registered voters.
The only problem with your thesis is that the Democrats have no viable alternative. Hillary and Sanders are unelectable.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,897,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post

Electorially Romney did lose handily, but % wise,considering he was running against a sitting President he really did not take a bath as many would like to think, but that is before and we are taking 2016, so let's let it drop. You sound like those who are still saying "it is all Bush's fault" Are you old enough to remember 1980 and what the polls showed then? I am willing to bet you are not...

Old 09-27-2015, 05:54 AM

25,999 posts, read 22,192,881 times
I didn't have the 5 stages of grief with Trump. I listened to what the candidates had to say and googled them to look at what they had done or not in the past and that is why I am "Stumping for the Trump". He is the only one that has brought up the REAL concerns of our US citizens and discussed them. He has some of his plans on his website and he working on putting together the rest. He has said that he will pick the BEST people to be working with him and boy, even that would be a HUGE change. Go Trump 2016 and make America great again and we all know that it isn't that great anymore as we slip into 3rd world status and sell our very soul to Iran.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:20 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,504,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I didn't have the 5 stages of grief with Trump. I listened to what the candidates had to say and googled them to look at what they had done or not in the past and that is why I am "Stumping for the Trump". He is the only one that has brought up the REAL concerns of our US citizens and discussed them. He has some of his plans on his website and he working on putting together the rest. He has said that he will pick the BEST people to be working with him and boy, even that would be a HUGE change. Go Trump 2016 and make America great again and we all know that it isn't that great anymore as we slip into 3rd world status and sell our very soul to Iran.
any idiot can list off our country's major problems - and this idiot Trump hasn't got any answers other build a wall or take away oil from ISIS

Old 09-27-2015, 08:40 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,311,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
any idiot can list off our country's major problems - and this idiot Trump hasn't got any answers other build a wall or take away oil from ISIS
This is two more than Obama.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:45 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,293,486 times
Grief??? This is comedy gold!

South Park has fun with 'Canada's President' Donald Trump - Trending - CBC News

Old 09-27-2015, 08:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,571,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Electorially Romney did lose handily, but % wise,considering he was running against a sitting President he really did not take a bath as many would like to think, but that is before and we are taking 2016, so let's let it drop. You sound like those who are still saying "it is all Bush's fault" Are you old enough to remember 1980 and what the polls showed then? I am willing to bet you are not...
He did take a bath. The economy still wasn't great and lots of people felt that Obama had let them down. The election was Romney's to lose ~ and he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.