Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 11:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
It isn't. All 501 C3/not-for-profits are not allowed to campaign politically or give money to a candidate. PP has always operated above the law. Now that we have national insurance for health care - special funding is not necessary. Away with tax payer funding for all of PP.
A 501(c) (3) organization may:

Lobby and spend up to $1 million a year doing so, dependent upon size

Create an affiliated company to carry on unlimited PAC activities.

Support/ oppose specific bills and tell their members to do so.

The US does NOT have national healthcare insurance for those under age 65. The ACA/ Obamacare is legislation, not insurance.

19 states have yet to expand Medicaid to accommodate more low income earners in need of insurance. Even in those states that have expanded, not everyone qualifies.

One cannot walk into the ER to obtain birth control/ Pap smear/ mammogram.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 11:19 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,535 times
This shows Fiorina's lack of diplomacy.

If you watch Carson and Trump being confronted by vicious backwards citizens and pundits, they have a steady calm demeanor allowing the individual attacking them to hang themselves. Especially Ben Carson whom I've never seen be combative. Trump gives the person a chance to explain their position and even allows it to go on a bit before diplomatically shutting it down. I notice with Trump he eventually gets them to see it his way.

Fiorina lacks that skill. She squashed her like a bug and it makes her look ruthless. There is a way you handle someone if you disagree with them as president (whether you respect them or not) and she revealed the weaknesses she would have in the area of diplomacy.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:22 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
This shows Fiorina's lack of diplomacy.

If you watch Carson and Trump being confronted by vicious backwards citizens and pundits, they have a steady calm demeanor allowing the individual attacking them to hang themselves. Especially Ben Carson whom I've never seen be combative. Trump gives the person a chance to explain their position and even allows it to go on a bit before diplomatically shutting it down. I notice with Trump he eventually gets them to see it his way.

Fiorina lacks that skill. She squashed her like a bug and it makes her look ruthless. There is a way you handle someone if you disagree with them as president (whether you respect them or not) and she revealed the weaknesses she would have in the area of diplomacy.
Fiorina doesn't believe in diplomacy, so she and her supporters would probably see that as a plus.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:27 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=OLNJwo57SCo

How do you feel about this confrontation?
I find Planned Parenthood a disgusting organization and thought so before the videos. The videos make me want to puke. I know this is America and a person can be for anything they want to be but I don't want one penny of my hard earned money going to an organization that pays it president more than our congressmen make. That is a misuse of our tax dollars. Planned Parenthood needs to be financed by donations only. $14,000 a day for travel? They don't need tax money. They need direction.

My husband and I have stopped paying for community organizers when we give to charity. It is really sad when we don't have a choice and the government steals from us and gives to amoral people as salaries.

Last edited by NCN; 09-29-2015 at 11:35 AM..

Old 09-29-2015, 11:31 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Fiorina doesn't believe in diplomacy, so she and her supporters would probably see that as a plus.

It was Barack Hussein who said to "get in their faces" to people that do not support him.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:47 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's a huge weakness imo. She's going to have to be dealing with some real evil leaders of other countries whose ideologies go against her moral fiber. However, we live in a world where you have to get along with these kinds of people which is especially important for a president. I hope those who support her give this a thought.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:50 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
It was Barack Hussein who said to "get in their faces" to people that do not support him.
He said it and they do. I have unfriended several relatives on Facebook because of their "in-you-face" attitude. I don't care if they are relatives; I don't want to know anyone that spouts his praises. I told them they owe everyone in America an apology for voting for him. Then I unfriended them.

I hope our next president loves America and wants what is best for it. The one we have thinks it is an interesting perspective to uphold our immigration laws. Anyone who cannot uphold the laws in our land and does not agree with them needs to go home. And I am talking to the man I saw on TV yesterday that wants to be speaker of the house. We don't need immigration reform; we need immigration enforcement. We don't need someone from California as speaker of the house. We need somebody from the South who doesn't have a skewed sense of values. California rejected Carly so she must be all right.

More important than diplomacy is a person who has their head tied on straight. Carly's heart is in the right place, she has had a life changing experience recovering from cancer and she realizes what is important. You cannot be fearful and have faith in God at the same time. It takes a person of courage to tell it like it is and she told that "lady" exactly how it is. Sorry some of you don't like hearing the truth.

Last edited by NCN; 09-29-2015 at 12:11 PM..

Old 09-29-2015, 11:53 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
He said it and they do. I have unfriended several relatives on Facebook because of their "in-you-face" attitude. I don't care if they are relatives; I don't want to know anyone that spouts his praises. I told them they owe everyone in America an apology for voting for him. Then I unfriended them.
Well on their behalf, I will apologize for Obama being able to fix the economy that the last guy screwed up. I am sure those relatives you unfriended are happy you did that.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:04 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,167,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
All Carly needs to say to these trolls is "Obamacare ensures everyone will get healthcare. We don't need PP since women can go to the hospital for treatment. It's the law!! ".
19 states did not extend Obamacare to low income women -- so no. They can't "go to the hospital" for tests.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:05 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,167,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've read that P.P. paid people to confront her. I thought a non profit getting involved in politics was supposed to be a no-no.

No?

Planned Parenthood Caught PAYING People To Do Something Disgusting To Fiorina
Why would they pay? There are MANY women who will defend PP without payment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections