Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 01:45 PM

14,512 posts, read 20,708,558 times

Advertisements

I could not find a thread on this subject. If a duplicate the moderator can move it.

Trump last night on a replay of an interview he gave (maybe on Sunday) outlined his exit plan. He said if he fell in the polls to 3rd or 4th and he thought he could not win, he'd get out.

So who can take over above him and force him to 4th. I'd say Carson and Rubio as two of them.
But, who wants Rubio when he says he'd go to war with Russia over Syria.

When Trump falls and gets out you better believe his supporters will be given to Cruz on a silver platter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 01:48 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,239,346 times
Didn't he say this just to point out the ones who are still in the race with 0 percent have no dignity? I don't see Trump actually believing he'd fall that low.

If it did happen, Cruz and Carson numbers would go up, definitely not Rubio. In fact, I predict in the next debate Rubio will embarrass himself and his percentages will tank.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:49 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,501,675 times
He denied all of that this a.m. even though he clearly said it on Meet the Press. Maybe he'll deny it again on Trump News Network Special Report with Brit Baier tonight. The networks might put him on salary to keep his campaign going because they're clearly getting more viewers with him on. He may be a blowhard, but he's the gift that keeps giving with sound bites, insults, and generally idiotic statements and pronouncements.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:52 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,525,766 times
President Trump. Believe it. It's his if he wants it.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:54 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,960,503 times
It makes sense what he said. He said he's not a masochist; if he were at the bottom of the polls like so many of his contenders are, he'd get out. But since he's leading in all the polls, why should he quit now?

Gotta laugh at the media that keeps asking him when he's going to get out of the race.....when he is leading. What idiocy!! Why don't they ask the guys that only poll 0-3% when they are getting out? Makes no sense to keep asking the front runner.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:16 PM

25,999 posts, read 22,187,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
He denied all of that this a.m. even though he clearly said it on Meet the Press. Maybe he'll deny it again on Trump News Network Special Report with Brit Baier tonight. The networks might put him on salary to keep his campaign going because they're clearly getting more viewers with him on. He may be a blowhard, but he's the gift that keeps giving with sound bites, insults, and generally idiotic statements and pronouncements.
Donald Trump: 'If I tank,' I'll drop out - CNNPolitics.com That is not what he said. He said that if he fell to 1 or 2% like Scott Walker, he would quit. He is a LONG way from 1 to 2%. Go Trump 2016! Still beating off the pants of the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
It makes sense what he said. He said he's not a masochist; if he were at the bottom of the polls like so many of his contenders are, he'd get out. But since he's leading in all the polls, why should he quit now?

Gotta laugh at the media that keeps asking him when he's going to get out of the race.....when he is leading. What idiocy!! Why don't they ask the guys that only poll 0-3% when they are getting out? Makes no sense to keep asking the front runner.
This is the 2nd time that this has come up. For some reason, some people are SO anxious to have Trump eliminated, and we truly understand why since he is beating the pants off the others, and they are saying that he said that IF HE FELL IN THE POLLS he would quit and that is not what he said. So, they are there sitting on the edge of the chair, watching the polls thinking he'll quit if his numbers drop a couple of points and they'll fall off the edge of the chair before Trump leaves the race. "Clunk!" There goes one now. And, a couple more, now like dominoes.

Yet, another source that doesn't use "one liners": http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...e-jim-geraghty

Old 10-06-2015, 03:23 PM

14,512 posts, read 20,708,558 times
But his drop in the polls, if and when it happens, is how the GOP thinks they'll get him out of the race. Remember what Walker said on his way out the door. "You others near 0-2% should drop out and throw your support to someone beside the front runner."

If, for example only, the next 6 out all support someone other than Trump then that is the GOP's plan in action.
He has to hold 30% of the votes when there are only 3 or 4 left or he may be toast.

His numbers may drop as the field gets smaller and smaller. That is the theory the GOP has. Unless and until they think he can actually beat Clinton.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:23 PM

27,190 posts, read 15,364,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post

The qualifier in his statement was "Well, I'm not a masochist," Trump said. "Right now I'm leading every poll, and in most cases big. That's good. If that changed, if I was like some of these people at 1% and 2%, there's no reason to continue forward. If I fell behind badly, I would certainly get out.".

Old 10-06-2015, 03:43 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,501,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Donald Trump: 'If I tank,' I'll drop out - CNNPolitics.com. That is not what he said. He said that if he fell to 1 or 2% like Scott Walker, he would quit. He is a LONG way from 1 to 2%.
That's the definition of tanking. Polls for 2-3 states don't indicate what the rest of the states in the union will do. Newt Gingrich was the early leader in the 2011/2012 season and eventually tanked and dropped out. It can hopefully happen to your guy Trump.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:53 PM

25,999 posts, read 22,187,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
That's the definition of tanking. Polls for 2-3 states don't indicate what the rest of the states in the union will do. Newt Gingrich was the early leader in the 2011/2012 season and eventually tanked and dropped out. It can hopefully happen to your guy Trump.
But it was said "drops in the poll" not goes down to 1 or 2% with no hope of winning. There is a big difference between dropping 2 or 5 points and scrapping bottom.

Newt Gingrich was a joke. Did anyone take him seriously?

Perhaps as not a Republican, you don't want Trump to make it because he'll beat the pants off of the Independent or Democrat, whatever it is that you favor unless it truly is Rubio? I mean seriously, you think Trump is so just totally beyond bad and who do you have that could beat him? I think that is the major issue here, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections