Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 07:10 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It does not matter what Trump thinks about Bush and Rubio. Rubio is climbing in the polls and Trump (while Trump is not) is freaked out, so he's lashing out in all directions.

When commentators play the Trump clip bashing Rubio for drinking water, you can hear all the cameramen in the studio cracking up and laughing.

Trump is truly making an ass of himself.
^ this pretty much sums it up. Trump is an attention *****, he loves the spotlight. I don't know how many times I have said it but I am sure I will say it again: he thinks he is starring in his latest reality TV show. He doesent want to be president, he doesent give a fig about policy. It's all about the ratings. This is why he morphed from liberal to "conservative" - he knew it would bring him higher ratings by pretending to pander to the far right bigots, nativists, and wackos. As he says other candidates (Carson, Rubio, etc) boosting their numbers he is going to get more and more desperate. He is playing a character, this is a show for him.

I honestly would not be all that shocked if Trump drops out by the end of the year.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:19 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,603,261 times
Is there any Republican that Trump WON'T go after?

As a Republican, I find it pretty alarming that Trump seems to attack "fellow" Republicans harder than "competition" like Hillary Clinton. Given his closeness with Hillary in the past, Trump can't be trusted.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:30 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Is there any Republican that Trump WON'T go after?

As a Republican, I find it pretty alarming that Trump seems to attack "fellow" Republicans harder than "competition" like Hillary Clinton. Given his closeness with Hillary in the past, Trump can't be trusted.
Guess you don't remember any of the compaigns or debates over the years where both parties attack the opponents of their own party?

Old 10-06-2015, 07:54 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't think Rubio is really climbing in the polls. As the facts come out, Rubio isn't looking too good. He is more someone that stands on the sidelines rather than plays with the big league. Isn't his stand on illegal immigration rather "Democratic" in nature? Not looking good: Wrong Way Rubio

I think everyone is starting to realize that anyone that starts to rise in the polls gets a hatchett job: (1) Trump (2) Carson (3) Rubio. Sort of Florina but she never had a chance so I consider invisible.

Whatever Trump is, it isn't "spineless" like Rubio and we already have a "spineless" POTUS and that really isn't working for us.

I bet all of the nominees go home afterwards and punch their pillows well into the night, "Take that and that and that!"

Rubio did stick it to Bush but out of party loyalty, neither one will say anything negative about the other. Wait until they write their "Memoirs" and we'll hear about it then.
I am from Florida and I won't vote for Rubio or Bush. Enough of the Bush's and Rubio is a politician with his finger stuck in the wind, trying to decide which side to be on.....he is smart/street smart,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Bush and Rubio are done if Trump stays in the race. They're both clueless. Rubio is a young guy with old ideas. We need answers not more questions...
these are some of the reasons I would not vote for Rubio:

Marco Rubio must be frank about the "Taj Mahal" courthouse<p></p> | Tampa Bay Times

Quote:
...snipped...The "Taj Mahal" courthouse has been under construction for months, but only recent reporting by the Times' Lucy Morgan has uncovered how such an indefensible project moved through the Legislature. There was $7.9 million included in the 2007-08 budget — and a suspicious authorization of a $33.5 million bond issue in an unrelated bill approved on the last day of the 2007 session. The chances something of this magnitude would be approved without the House speaker's endorsement are slim to none.
Quote:

Yet Rubio cannot get his story straight. He first said in August that he didn't recall the project. Then his campaign blamed the state Senate, where the bond issue was added to a transportation bill that was then approved by the House. Then Rubio said he was aware of the project and tried to shift attention to Gov. Charlie Crist, who signed the budget and the transportation bill into law. Now Crist is running against Rubio as an independent candidate for U.S. Senate, but Rubio cannot run away from this mess.
In fact, the court's building committee circulated an e-mail in 2008 that identified "heroes" for their project. It lists Rubio as one of four lawmakers who were "especially helpful.'' ....snipped...
Quote:
....snipped...As Florida House speaker, Rubio was given a Republican Party of Florida credit card. No good came from this as he spent thousands of dollars on a coterie of consultants to further his career. Family members benefited, too, with $3,500 going to a company owned by his mother-in-law. Other party funds went to car repairs. In all, Rubio failed to disclose some $34,000 in charges on the state party credit card....snipped...
Quote:

Rubio dismissed the credit card abuse as the result of sloppiness, inexperience and a bewildering array of paperwork. That excuse might work if this was some 18-year-old in the first year of college confused about managing a checking account.

But Rubio was a law school graduate and the ambitious House speaker who treated his state party credit card as if he was one of the "Housewives of New Jersey."...snipped...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
...snipped....
Quote:
I honestly would not be all that shocked if Trump drops out by the end of the year.
are you going to be mad if he doesn't......?

Old 10-06-2015, 08:08 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Others beg to get on TV and cozy up to the interviewer to may be they’ll invite him again. This morning Trump calls CNN’s performance in the last debate horrible while ON CNN and right in Cuomo’s face. Just watch this exchange(18:30). Incredible! When was the last time anyone asked the candidate who has been on top for 4 straight months to drop out? Watch him shred Cuomo. He then followed by a torrent of tweets after the show.
And yet, he sounded extremely weak in the George Stephanopoulos interview on This Week.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:28 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,603,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Guess you don't remember any of the compaigns or debates over the years where both parties attack the opponents of their own party?
He's had ties to the Clintons in the past. He's even outright said that he was a Democrat in older interviews. That doesn't concern you?

Old 10-06-2015, 09:01 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
It's all about the ratings.
It IS about ratings except that he has made CNN and half dozen networks millions but he hasn’t collected a cent of that. So your example actually argues that he is NOT after attention and money. Who would subject himself to so much abuse?

Old 10-06-2015, 09:02 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
And yet, he sounded extremely weak in the George Stephanopoulos interview on This Week.
Why are you going after last week. How about the one today? He must have done well.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:25 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
A lot of us are tired of the "politically correct crap", too!
And politically incorrect crap is still crap.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:57 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
He's had ties to the Clintons in the past. He's even outright said that he was a Democrat in older interviews. That doesn't concern you?
Nope! Some people finally wise up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections