Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 04:29 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

Eminent Domain is an absolute necessity. I don't understand the point of this thread.

My Grandpa lost his farm to eminent domain back in the 1940's and had to rebuild. He didn't cry about it, he moved on and built something better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 04:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Again I'm against eminent domain, what part of that don't you understand
Trumpbots are worse than Obamabots

answer post #103 now
Tell me what the difference between

The use of eminent domain

or government mandate to take peoples money for things like health insurance, or taxes etc..

both of them involve taking things that belong to the private sector, and then giving it to someone else,

Old 10-13-2015, 04:33 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

or government mandate to take peoples money for things like health insurance, or taxes etc..

both of them involve taking things that belong to the private sector, and then giving it to someone else,
Oh the difference. Democrats think rich, hard working people deserve to lose what they have. But try to kick a low life out of a house they rent and are probably behind a year on their rent and they scream bloody murder.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Eminent Domain is an absolute necessity. I don't understand the point of this thread.

My Grandpa lost his farm to eminent domain back in the 1940's and had to rebuild. He didn't cry about it, he moved on and built something better.
The whole point of the thread is to show left wingers hypocrisy, who have no problem supporting laws to take peoples estates, taxing the **** out of others, mandating people buy insurance, etc, now pretending to be suddenly outraged because government buys a property and then sells it to someone else.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:38 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Because you say so? I don't think so.
You most certainly did invoke Godwin's Law, Sugah:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Old 10-13-2015, 06:38 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Both are theft

Old 10-13-2015, 06:44 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You most certainly did invoke Godwin's Law, Sugah:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
His First Amendment rights trump your supposed Godwin's Law.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:53 PM

782 posts, read 1,087,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
He's not gonna do that. Trump only loves himself and his money.

He will cheat America the same way he cheated his creditors and wives. Do you think Trump told his creditors "I'm not gonna pay you" or Ivana "I'm gonna cheat on you with the first **** I see".

Get real. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Trump stated that he would turn down his president salary. Says he doesn't need it. Good example of giving back to the people/working for the people.

I don't care if he has divorced and re-married. Many people are. Get real.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:58 PM

782 posts, read 1,087,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The rub is do you believe he'll be against something he was for?
Yes, because I understand the distinction between his efforts in one type of work vs. another.

Yes, because he has been consistent and honest with everyone regarding questions, etc. Some may say he is brutally honest. So be it.

Old 10-13-2015, 07:11 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
His First Amendment rights trump your supposed Godwin's Law.
It has nothing to do with "first amendment rights". He is free to invoke Godwin's Law. No one is stopping him. However, by invoking it, it also means that he has no valid arguments.

Is this the best argument you can offer in defense of your friend? If so, you also lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections