Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Sanders Fans Realize that He is a Career Politician?
No, they're simply not paying attention. 18 40.00%
Yes, but they're willing to ignore it. 27 60.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 07:13 PM

37,226 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkIntellect View Post
You think the handouts will end with Sanders? Come on.

The "money saved?" How do you think the US will pay for college tuition and healthcare? Higher tax burden for everyone. Vote for Bernie if you want, but expect a 10-20% tax increase.
If you get UHC, the money currently withheld from your check for health insurance will not be deducted any more. If it it diverted to taxes you will never know the difference. Also, since your employer will not have to pay for your health insurance, you should receive a healthy raise. You may end up with a bigger disposable income that you have now, even after increased taxes. College tuition, if it happens, will be paid for by a tax on Wall Street trades. Unless you are an active trader, you won't be affected.

It's not what you pay, it's what you get for your money that is the deciding factor. Those who don't want to pay taxes are freeloaders who want something for nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
You have no problems with career politicians at all? John McCain? Thad Cochran? Patrick Leahy?
I'm one person. If a majority wants them, they get elected. Again, if they are productive, I have no problems with them whatsoever.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Oh, that's rich, Nissan's Smyrna Plant isn't even unionized!

BERNIE IS A HYPOCRITE!
All of Bernie's mercy, shirts, bumper stickers, coffee mugs, etc., are made in the U.S.A. with union labor. Trump for certain (and I presume a lot of the other candidates) get their stuff from China, and they are marked as such.

In other words, Bernie is already creating American jobs and he hasn't even been elected. Yet. But the campaign season is young. Watch him on the debate Tuesday night.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:23 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,607,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
All of Bernie's mercy, shirts, bumper stickers, coffee mugs, etc., are made in the U.S.A. with union labor. Trump for certain (and I presume a lot of the other candidates) get their stuff from China, and they are marked as such.

In other words, Bernie is already creating American jobs and he hasn't even been elected. Yet. But the campaign season is young. Watch him on the debate Tuesday night.
Would you like to provide an example of some other candidate's products that are made in China? That would be political suicide.

Like I said, if Bernie doesn't even buy cars made by the UAW, then he's a hypocrite. It's plain and simple.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:27 PM

45,423 posts, read 60,608,674 times
He may be a career politician but his chicken is better than Popeye's.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:28 PM

24,124 posts, read 32,491,384 times
I couldn't vote because the poll is based on the supposition that there is something inherently wrong with being a career politician. There is something wrong with being an unethical person in any profession.

Bernie Sanders will have my vote in the primary and in the election.

Hillary is too centrist. (I don't care about e-mails or Benghazi) and Biden is a late comer. I have decided to back Mr.Sanders and I look forward to working to help elect him.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I couldn't vote because the poll is based on the supposition that there is something inherently wrong with being a career politician. There is something wrong with being an unethical person in any profession.

Bernie Sanders will have my vote in the primary and in the election.

Hillary is too centrist. (I don't care about e-mails or Benghazi) and Biden is a late comer. I have decided to back Mr.Sanders and I look forward to working to help elect him.
I've been volunteering for Bernie since August. We owe it to our grandchildren to get him elected.

The Revolution is here, but it's not televised. We're going to have to elect him on social media and individual contact with voters. With a million plus individual donors and greater receipts than the GOP candidates, I'd say we're well on the way.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:00 PM

24,124 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Quote:
I've been volunteering for Bernie since August. We owe it to our grandchildren to get him elected.

The Revolution is here, but it's not televised. We're going to have to elect him on social media and individual contact with voters. With a million plus individual donors and greater receipts than the GOP candidates, I'd say we're well on the way.
I'm with you! The future of our country is at stake. I am concerned for my children (no grand kids yet) and the general direction our country seems to be headed.

Contempt for education, resurgence of racism, the religious right radicals, oligarchy, corporate welfare, the environment, and campaign reform.

Donald Trump and the worship of wealth over all else, is symptomatic of what is wrong with America today.

"When fascism comes to America it will be in the shape of a cross and draped in the American Flag"

- Sinclair Lewis.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:02 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
Is he a career politician?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGv2SPB8pNU

Old 10-09-2015, 08:05 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,374,624 times
Quote:

It's my understanding that Bernie is NOT accepting donations from Big Pharma nor Wall Street types of any other Big Buck funder's in order to gain their particular demand lobby..if elected..ALL his funds are collected from individual small donors...Wowza..Sounds like Trumpster, eh? Course he has tons of $$ in his own personal accounts to fund his extravaganza's But constantly says..NO one will buy him..Yet Bernie never advertises like Trumpy does!!

So Trump doesn't want to be bought..and seen as an outsider not pandering..oh..wait..pandering to certain folks across the board actually isn't true....

Bernie is pandering to the base of folks who actually aren't bought and paid for..but talking truths of how the top percentage of people and Corporate Welfare Seekers are sucking the life blood out of your economy.

Having said that..Many seniors and anyone retired actually rely on the returns from Investments ala 401K's..Pensions or any other investment venture..They too would stand to lose IF Investments plummet..

Course CEO's ( Carly as example) and others will get the multi-million dollar parachutes..NO regular citizen get's any parachutes..as they are always called "Freebee's" or something far less printable!!

Labeling and painting anyone who needs the safety net as some sort of freeloader & no good lazy A$$ is a constant!! I'm wondering just how many using such language has ever in their lives been in need...Even Congressman Ryan got thru Government assistance his education among other things his family needed back when he was younger...So Puleeze..Unless one has walked in those shoes..I actually find it rather hollow rhetoric to claim "Political Intelligence"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections