Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 06:09 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Black Lives Matter have genuine concerns that black lives are not as valued as white lives in the eyes of law enforcement. Which anyone who has been paying attention over the last few years realizes is a valid concern. How dare a presidential candidate have the gall to actually talk to them about these concerns!

And come next November, Republicans will scratch their heads in bewilderment and wonder why that can't ever seem to attract any minority voters.
Not if these two get to them first, these two very intelligent young ladies who really impress me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S5N82PLsRE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 06:19 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh so your true self comes out behind the charade.

Dear, I live in NC, one of the fastest growing states in the USA, and in the city where the Democrats held their last political convention. A city in a state where Obama himself said represents the future of the DNC. A state that voted for Obama in '08. Furthermore, I voted for Obama in 2008 but that doesn't mean I don't hold him responsible for every broken promise, every bomb dropped on innocents, spying on citizens, etc, ad nauseam. NC has since abandoned Obama and the DNC.

So like everything else that you have said, this was based on false assumption and wishful thinking on your part. Furthermore you make the mistake of thinking that everyone is either a Democrat or Republican when it will be the Independents, the ones who are sick of partisans, who will decide this next election. And guess what, they are not voting for Hillary.

(Oh and BLM is nothing but hot air. No politician, even Hillary Clinton, gives a damn about their "cause". If you think otherwise, then you have some heart ache coming your way.)
Well, Dear, I never said YOU lived in the empty spaces that are red on the map. I was merely responding to your remark that the majority of governors and state legislatures in this county were controlled by Republicans. Perhaps you could try reading a little better for context so you don't embarrass yourself in the future.

North Carolina is not firmly in the red column any longer, and if you believe that, I think it is you who is in for some heartache in the future. Democrats hold the advantage in the state in registered voters; 2 million Republicans to 2.7 million Democrats. And many of the newcomers in this fast growing state are coming from the more liberal Northeast. So I wouldn't go counting your chickens just yet.

I'm sure you believe Tamir Rice deserved to be gunned down, but there are many of us who disagree. It was too many of those types of incidents that was the genesis of BLM. But I don't expect that you would understand that.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:30 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It is always good to have a dream and Hillary has been able to hang onto hers. Unfortunately, unless she has a fairy godmother show up, her dream isn't coming true. Even people in her own party don't support her. They dupped her in 2008 and they'll do it again.

Basically what is in play is that they throw her out there to grab support from women who would support her because she is woman. Next, they let her play around in the field followed by having her endorse the candidate they planned to run in the first place and have her ask her followers to support that candidate. Obviously, she isn't a "fool me once" type person in either her personal or political life.
If I vote for Hillary is not gonna be because she is a woman. I will vote for her because I will be voting against the Republican candidate if Cruz, Carson or Trump wins the republican nomination.

How about that?

Old 10-11-2015, 06:33 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
That's oversimplifying the analysis. It still looks like she will get the Democratic nomination at the end. Once she does, Democrats will unite her against Mr. Trump, Dr. Carson or Raffy. It's no different than the Republicans will united behind Jeb! if he is the nominee.

Hatred is just as good a motivator as, if not more than, love to turnout and vote. Republicans will most likely nominate one of the more polarizing candidates, in which case you bet that Democrats will turn out to vote against him or her.

Yes, clearly Hillary is not well liked, but that may not matter at the end of the day. Studies have shown that "likability" of a POTUS candidate has very little correlation to victory on the election day.

"Enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Mick
LOL I just read this after I wrote my post. You listed the same candidates.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:01 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, Dear, I never said YOU lived in the empty spaces that are red on the map. I was merely responding to your remark that the majority of governors and state legislatures in this county were controlled by Republicans. Perhaps you could try reading a little better for context so you don't embarrass yourself in the future.

North Carolina is not firmly in the red column any longer, and if you believe that, I think it is you who is in for some heartache in the future. Democrats hold the advantage in the state in registered voters; 2 million Republicans to 2.7 million Democrats. And many of the newcomers in this fast growing state are coming from the more liberal Northeast. So I wouldn't go counting your chickens just yet.

I'm sure you believe Tamir Rice deserved to be gunned down, but there are many of us who disagree. It was too many of those types of incidents that was the genesis of BLM. But I don't expect that you would understand that.
Responses to your paragraphs.

• North Carolina, the state that Obama said at the DNC in Charlotte, abandoned the DNC. This is the same state that just surpassed Michigan and is now the 10th largest state in the USA. Add Georgia to this list as well. Furthermore the largest political group in the state are the Independents. In my case, since you intend to make it about me, I just changed my long term affiliation from Democrat to no-affiliation. I know many more here who have done the same.
  • Belief? Here are the facts. Democrats have controlled the state legislature for the past 100 years? But no more. In '08 the state NC voted for Obama, and a Democrat for Senator & Governor. By '14 all were voted out.

The Governor is now a Republican, NC voted for Romney in '12, the Senator voted in in '08 was voted out for a Republican in the USA's most expensive Senate race ever, and the Democrats lost their 100 year majority over the General Assembly. Only 3 of the states 13 reps to House are DNC and that includes the 2 court ordered gerrymandered districts drawn to insure that a Black will get the seat.
  • Nope Tamir Rice did not "deserve" to be gunned down. He deserved to be raised by two responsible parents who would have taught him not to point ANY gun at people. Not to modify a pellet gun to look real. How to act responsibly in public. He deserved to have two parents who knew the whereabouts of their "12 year old" and what he was up to. Instead the baby mama was no where to be found and the baby daddy was derelict who didn't know what ANY of their kids were doing at the time.
So you continue to be wrong on all accounts. Furthermore your attempts to make me out as a White Racist Bigot who wishes death on Black kids, only speaks to why America is no longer listening to people like you anymore.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:19 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,945,680 times
Maybe BLM can foot the bill for Tamir Rice's family wrecking the ER at Metro Hospital. Upwards of about $30k.

ERs Matter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections