Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 10:05 PM

412 posts, read 451,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Of all the GOP field Cruz is the best of the bunch. Rand would be my second choice.
Cruz is widely hated within the GOP. His grandstanding and obstructionism toward even his own colleagues has made him Senator and presidential wannabe non grata.

He has burned his bridges and is going nowhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 10:16 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestArea View Post
Cruz is widely hated within the GOP. His grandstanding and obstructionism toward even his own colleagues has made him Senator and presidential wannabe non grata.

You are seeking status quo if you wanted Ted Cruz to go along to get along. That isn't want Congress is designed to do. There is a balance of power that should always be in effect.

Standing boldly on principle is what it's about. After all, they all campaign on that promise and throw it out the window once they hit Washington, D.C. - except for Ted Cruz.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:26 PM

752 posts, read 566,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I take note of this from the survey.

Texas Population is ~27,000,000
The subset of registered voters is significantly smaller.

Quote:
  • Directly from the Poll - Survey was of 542 registered Texan voters with a margin of error of 4.2%.
  • This is a sample size of 0.002%
  • Dubious at best. Scientific method says the sample size is way way too small.
Scientific method says the margin of error is 4.2%. But since 0.002% of the U.S. population represents ~6000 people, methinks you're going to have trouble finding any poll that accords with your exacting "scientific" standards.

Quote:
i.e. In a state of 27,000,000, they managed to find 127 who said they prefer Cruz at this time. LOL.
Flip a coin 542 times, then an additional 27 million. Record the results and get back to me if the outcome varies appreciably.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Soopermexican is a well known conservative blogger. I have no doubt that the poll was legit, but I think that the pool was too small to produce a truly accurate read that can be relied upon to extrapolate out to any meaningful result.
I agree! It's too small of a poll.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
You are seeking status quo if you wanted Ted Cruz to go along to get along. That isn't want Congress is designed to do. There is a balance of power that should always be in effect.

Standing boldly on principle is what it's about. After all, they all campaign on that promise and throw it out the window once they hit Washington, D.C. - except for Ted Cruz.
I don't want Cruz to do anything, other than go away. I am just commenting on the well known ill feelings he has engendered for himself.

What Cruz does is not standing on principle. It is loathsome self promotion for his own interests. But his actions will hasten his depature from the Senate, so there is a bright side to his antics after all.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:36 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,477,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestArea View Post

That's actually what makes him appealing. He's a true Republican, unlike the rest of the RINO trash that have taken over the party.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
That's actually what makes him appealing. He's a true Republican, unlike the rest of the RINO trash that have taken over the party.
Well, if your definition of a true Republican is someone who can't get any useful legislation through Congress and who makes it difficult if not impossible for either party to govern effectively, then I guess he fits your needs.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Exactly!!

Old 11-13-2015, 12:58 AM

37,796 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
I could see Cruz as Pres. ,but since Trump would be corralled to a degree by cabinet, the House, Congress and Senate plus States ( Governors /legislation) albeit public opinion. I'm near a point of giving him a crack at this presidential thing . Carson /Fioana ticket is appealing as well. The vice for Trump? ....Rubio. Secretary of State Huck!
You haven't been listening to Trump. The person that will be making deals for him will be another shark from the business world who will get something out of the deals we make with other countries. It won't be some politician or some Joe Blow from academia.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:49 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
The subset of registered voters is significantly smaller.
Scientific method says the margin of error is 4.2%. But since 0.002% of the U.S. population represents ~6000 people, methinks you're going to have trouble finding any poll that accords with your exacting "scientific" standards.

Flip a coin 542 times, then an additional 27 million. Record the results and get back to me if the outcome varies appreciably.
I generally don't bother with line by line rebuttal posts, but I'll indulge you this time.

Apparently you don't understand scientific method. Second you attempt to attribute probability to voters. That is a simply fallacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections