Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 09:59 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,505,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What Trump actually said...
here's the direct quotes:

[ Donald Trump on Tuesday named Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) when asked about his possible running mate in 2016.]

“Ted Cruz is now agreeing with me 100 percent,”

"“Well, I like him, he’s backed everything I’ve said.”

trump has directly stated that cruz is eligible to run for POTUS/VP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Maybe Trump will be Cruz's VP.
that's not going to jive with trump's ego.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:11 AM

89,369 posts, read 45,100,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
"So Mr. Jefferson was naturalized in France and there made A citizen, and had he gone there would have been entitled to all the rights there of an adopted citizen, ..."

- Nathan Dane
More of the quote..."For instance, the Marquis La Fayette was naturalized in the United States, but retained every such relation to France. So Mr. Jefferson was naturalized in France..."
https://books.google.com/books?id=kf...nce%22&f=false

You need to check your sources more carefully. Dane's information is incorrect. Lafayette never naturalized in the U.S., and wasn't awarded honorary U.S. citizenship until posthumously in 2002.

America's Honorary Citizens

House Report 107-595 - CONFERRING HONORARY CITIZENSHIP OF THE UNITED STATES POSTHUMOUSLY ON MARIE JOSEPH PAUL YVES ROCHE GILBERT DU MOTIER, THE MARQUIS DE LAFAYETTE

Nathan Dane was wrong about Lafayette, and wrong about Jefferson.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
here's the direct quotes:

[ Donald Trump on Tuesday named Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) when asked about his possible running mate in 2016.]

“Ted Cruz is now agreeing with me 100 percent,”

"“Well, I like him, he’s backed everything I’ve said.”
Neither one of those indicates a choice as VP. Furthermore, The Hill's source specifically states: "Trump declined to name a potential running mate from among his GOP opponents."

Can't get any more definitive than that, and directly from The Hill's cited source.

Quote:
trump has directly stated that cruz is eligible to run for POTUS/VP.
Actually, Trump has been questioning Cruz's eligibility since 2013.

Donald Trump Redirects His Birther Ire To Sen. Ted Cruz

Old 11-18-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Neither one of those indicates a choice as VP. Furthermore, The Hill's source specifically states: "Trump declined to name a potential running mate ...
the article contradicts itself on this point, we've both directly quoted it. it says that trump "declined to name a potential running mate" but "when asked about his possible running mate" he named cruz.

Quote:
Actually, Trump has been questioning Cruz's eligibility since 2013.
yep, then he flip-flopped:

“I hear [ cruz's eligibility ] was checked out by every attorney and every which way and I understand Ted is in fine shape.”

Donald Trump Flip-Flops on Canada-Born Ted Cruz's Eligibility to Run - ABC News

Old 11-18-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
the article contradicts itself on this point, we've both directly quoted it. it says that trump "declined to name a potential running mate" but "when asked about his possible running mate" he named cruz.
No, it doesn't. Read The Hill's source:

Trump: Too Early to Say on VP | LifeZette

The 2nd quote in your post doesn't exist in The Hill's source article. The Hill is making it up. You're being duped.

Quote:
yep, then he flip-flopped:

“I hear [ cruz's eligibility ] was checked out by every attorney and every which way and I understand Ted is in fine shape.”

Donald Trump Flip-Flops on Canada-Born Ted Cruz's Eligibility to Run - ABC News
And the latest...

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-poised...rd-cruz-391101

Old 11-18-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
not really "the latest". the article just notes cruz's war chest and rise in the polls and speculates that trump could reverse his opinion ( again ) on cruz's eligibility. there is no new information directly from trump or his campaign in the article.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
not really "the latest". the article just notes cruz's war chest and rise in the polls and speculates that trump could reverse his opinion ( again ) on cruz's eligibility.
He could. And he'd have a very valid case, looking at historical and legal history, and even the US State Dept's current warnings about the legal problems of dual nationality. Should be interesting to see what happens...

My guess is that a Trump candidcay wouldn't have Cruz as a VP, but Cruz would be in line for a top Cabinet position.

Old 11-18-2015, 01:06 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,855,939 times
Quote:
that's not going to jive with trump's ego.
I was hoping he might become more humble with age, but you are right. LOL!

Old 11-19-2015, 05:00 PM

the birther-friendly "canada free press" is claiming cruz is eligible:

Trump’s VP Choice and Eligibility

"Unfortunately numerous political activists out there are pushing the idea that Cruz is ineligible to be President ..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections