Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2016, 11:06 PM

21,992 posts, read 15,791,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
This issue was phony with Obama as well. The issue had more resonance since Kenya and Indonesia are very "foreign" in the eyes of Americans. Canada on the other hand is seen as a brother country. Whether we and Canadians like it or not we're joined at the hip.
If President Obama had been born in Canada, Republicans would not see it that way.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 11:45 PM

35,478 posts, read 17,391,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If President Obama had been born in Canada, Republicans would not see it that way.
I was very anti-Obama but also anti-birther.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:26 AM

89,653 posts, read 45,271,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Cruz was born in Canada to an American mother.

The whole argument is stupid. The U.S. Constitution does not have an enforcement provision for ineligibility. The chances that a President would be elected, take the oath, and then promptly impeached and removed are nil.

This issue was phony with Obama as well. The issue had more resonance since Kenya and Indonesia are very "foreign" in the eyes of Americans. Canada on the other hand is seen as a brother country. Whether we and Canadians like it or not we're joined at the hip.
You're completely missing the point. What makes both Cruz and Obama ineligible is their born dual citizen status. As such, their legal obligations are compromised under well-established international law. I've gone into detail explaining the problem giving both historical and current examples in the first link. The second link cites the origination of the Constitution's NBC requirement.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/42533068-post195.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/42542354-post246.html

Old 01-11-2016, 12:12 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,858,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I totally agree. After this affluenza case, I'm not impressed by case law.

I was waiting for the original birthers to say something. They used to say that people who disagreed with them were "playing the race card". Humm. Obama was born in Hawaii. Long birth certificate said so. Period.

Now the same people, haven't said much about Ted Cruz. Then again, he's white.

Now, what I want to know is this.

(1.) If Ted Cruz was born an American citizen on account of his mother, did he check the American citizen box on his college application or did he say he was a Canadian citizen?

(2.) Did Ted Cruz, an alleged American citizen upon birth, register with the Selective Service System when he became 18? That would have been when Reagan was still in office. Did he play the "I'm a double citizen" to get out of registering? This one is really important to me.

(3.) If he was an American citizen at birth, why did he go through the Naturalization processs on May 2014 if he didn't need to?

(4.) Has Ted Cruz ever voted in an election prior to 2014?

You can seek answers to questions 1 and 2 by filing a FOIA requests with the Office of the Registrar at Princeton and Harvard and with the Selective Service Registration Office. All you need is a SSN to verify a registrant.

As to Q 3, Cruz never went through a Naturalization Process in May 2014. Cruz' renunciation of his Canadian citizenship was official as of 5/14/2014. Less than 1 year (8/2013) after learning about the Canadian citizenship from a newspaper article in the Dallas Morning News.

As to Q4, you can contact member of the Dallas County GOP and ask them to run a search for you on the GOP voters database and that will give you ever election that Cruz has voted in (or not voted in) as a resident of Dallas County.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Trump Slaps Cruz with a Red Herring

Trump Slaps Cruz with a Red Herring | LifeZette

Donald Trump incorrectly says Ted Cruz has had a "double passport"

Our ruling

We rate the claim False.
But Trump says Trump is never wrong???

Old 01-11-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Even Ann Coulter questions Cruz

Ann Coulter Now Suggests Ted Cruz Isn't A

Ann also loves Chris Christie and is sort of a media *****, so it makes sense that she would jump into the fray. Her candidate is under water in the polls and she has become irrelevant. She just wants some attention.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:21 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,523,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
You can seek answers to questions 1 and 2 by filing a FOIA requests with the Office of the Registrar at Princeton and Harvard ....
#1 isn't covered by FOIA since school records are protected under FERPA laws. FOIA only applies to government records.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Civics 101 when I studied it in 1960.

A person born to an American citizen anywhere can be a citizen of the USA if the parent chooses to apply for the child's citizenship.

A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN must be born inside the boundaries of the United States.

This was common knowledge when I went to school. When did it change that a natural born citizen can be born anywhere?

In other words, an anchor baby is a natural born citizen but a child born to USA citizen parents outside the USA is only a citizen and not a natural born citizen.

Ted Cruz will NEVER get my vote because I don't think the rules should change from 1960 to now. I made A's in civics.

I think congress needs to go further with the rules and rule that both parents of a presidential candidate should be natural born citizens too. The world is becoming too complicated and we need this rule added to protect our American way of life.

I have noticed that children raised outside the USA have not been educated in the American way of life and do not understand our style of government.
Would Cruz have your vote had he been born in Texas? Just to put your mind at ease, Cruz lived permanently in the US from age 4 on, so his education came only from classrooms in the good ole U S of A!

Old 01-11-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Where is his mother? What's her name? People have been looking for her birth certificate in Delaware but haven't found any. How did they end up in Canada? How did Rafael, a Cuban, end up in Canada? He was naturalized in 2005 I believe. What was his status all these years? Cruz sounded a lot like Bill Clinton today, "These allegations are false and now I need to go back to work for the American people".

Here you go. Exclusive: Birth Certificate for Ted Cruz's Mother - Breitbart It was released to the public last week.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:25 PM

21,992 posts, read 15,791,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Would Cruz have your vote had he been born in Texas? Just to put your mind at ease, Cruz lived permanently in the US from age 4 on, so his education came only from classrooms in the good ole U S of A!
Cruz's father did not become a US citizen until 2005.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections