Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 05:23 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,778,006 times

Advertisements

Of course the fundamental problem with this nonsense coming from Trump's detractors is this.

Apply it to King Hillary, and one finds the ultimate narcissist.

i.e. They hold a hypocritical double standard which makes the entire article moot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 05:28 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,589,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Of course the fundamental problem with this nonsense coming from Trump's detractors is this.

i.e. They hold a hypocritical double standard which makes the entire article moot.
there's a large number of people here who are looking at any of a number of other GOP candidates - hate to break it to you but because any of us are opposed to Clown Trump or Carson, doesn't mean any of the other GOPers aren't qualified to be POTUS.......

Old 11-16-2015, 05:39 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,367,344 times
Yo ho ho...Trump's narcissism? Where have you worry warts been? Obama is a classic example of ideological narcissism run amuck and never once woud you folks discuss it. Now you silly people are worried about Trump? At least he's a highly accomplished business man. Except for screwing America, Obama still can't make up his mind about anything important.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:49 PM

37,829 posts, read 41,166,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestArea View Post
Vanity Fair has a thought provoking article on Trump, his narcissism, and his supporters. The concluding paragraph has this nugget from developmental psychologist Howard Gardner, “For me, the compelling question is the psychological state of his supporters. They are unable or unwilling to make a connection between the challenges faced by any president and the knowledge and behavior of Donald Trump. In a democracy, that is disastrous.”

Is Donald Trump Actually a Narcissist? Therapists Weigh In! | Vanity Fair
I know LOL is old fashioned but a magazine called VANITY Fair is talking about narcissism? Have they called in a therapist to "analyze" their readers?

I'm typing this as Trump's speech in Knoxville is streaming in.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:49 PM

1,268 posts, read 802,501 times
What? Are you guys telling me he is not the best ever? Surely, he will be the best ever. We only have to make him the leader of the free world to find out.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I know LOL is old fashioned but a magazine called VANITY Fair is talking about narcissism? Have they called in a therapist to "analyze" their readers?
Actually..... the term vanity fair first appeared in the book The Pilgrim's Progress (1678) and was a reference to the worldly pleasures found at a fair.

The magazine has articles on a wide variety of topics. I'm guessing Trump is THRILLED he's in it. He keeps telling everyone how awesome he is. Now he can show off the magazine and say, "Look! Even Vanity Fair wanted to do an article on me!!"

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-16-2015 at 06:50 PM..

Old 11-16-2015, 06:42 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,569,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Neither one of them, and quite a few others in the race would be given the time of day by any halfway intelligent populace.....oh wait.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:12 PM

1,733 posts, read 953,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

I'm typing this as Trump's speech in Knoxville is streaming in.

Isn't VF the mag that had Jenner on the cover?

Old 11-16-2015, 07:17 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,001,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
No one can top obambo's narcissistic behavior these past years or the blind loyalty of his brain dead supporters.
The usual name calling.

One always loses the argument when one resorts to name calling.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:08 PM

47,070 posts, read 26,188,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Actually..... the term vanity fair first appeared in the book The Pilgrim's Progress (1678) and was a reference to the worldly pleasures found at a fair.
To say nothing of the 19th century British magazine of the same name.

That being said, if a guy lives like this and then calmly says that American's wages are "too high", well...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections