Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 03:38 AM

37,848 posts, read 41,209,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What's amazing is how, with so many people running for President, 19 at one time, the best the GOP can do today, as well as could do for the past 15 years, is George Walker Bush, McCain/Palin, Mitt Romney and now Donald Trump.

This is the best this party has to offer America.

My goodness, how sad is that? Bush, Palin, Romney Trump? That's your best line-up? Wow, that speaks volumes about today's low information conservative voter.
Nobody died because of Trump. Clinton's past is littered with dead bodies.

Old 11-26-2015, 03:41 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,620,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
There is no "Plan B". Trump is being rejected by the GOP powers. It is NOT desirable that he represent the GOP, FOR OBVIOUS REASONS. The man is atrocious. Interesting and predictable revelation here.

Plan A for GOP donors: Wait for Trump to fall. (There is no Plan B.)
It'll happen (his fail). I think he even knows it.

Old 11-26-2015, 04:15 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,464,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymond View Post
Here is the problem facing the GOP establishment: 1. Trump blew up their playbook by abandoning PC-Speak and speaking directly to the voter in unvarnished English. He was the first. A leader. The remainder are followers...
Unvarnished English? His syntax is more tortured than an Abu-Ghraib prisoner:

Quote:
Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.
Remember that awful, widely ridiculed speech Sarah Palin gave a few months back? That's Trump on a good day!

Is it any wonder why the GOP won't stand behind him?

Old 11-26-2015, 06:17 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,552,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
You sure have invested a lot of your life in Donald Trump. Don't you think that's rather odd?
A small group here say he has no chance, call him names, laugh and ridicule him like there's no tomorrow, but secretly they're $h!tt!ing their pants because they realize he's likely going to become the next president!

Old 11-26-2015, 06:48 AM

26,239 posts, read 22,408,737 times
Those waiting for Trump to "fail" need to borrow a line from the Beverly Hillbillies theme song: "sit down a spell, take your shoes off".

So, would I be correct to say the "Trump fail" threads are now being posted on a daily basis?

I think the Dems are under a spell by Obama's MIL, the voodoo lady, and believe that by repeating "fail, fail, fail" that it will happen.

If the GOP doesn't nominate Trump, the GOP loses. Trump could take this election as a 3rd party. He could draw big time from the Dems and pull a significant number of GOP votes.

Old 11-26-2015, 06:59 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,328,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
A small group here say he has no chance, call him names, laugh and ridicule him like there's no tomorrow, but secretly they're $h!tt!ing their pants because they realize he's likely going to become the next president!
Calling him Trump the Birther isn't calling him names, it is called being honest with who he is, a Birther. Though I would expect any Trump Sympathizers to deny this and pretend like that part of history never happened.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:36 AM

11,109 posts, read 9,896,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What's a[IMG][/IMG]mazing is how, with so many people running for President, 19 at one time, the best the GOP can do today, as well as could do for the past 15 years, is George Walker Bush, McCain/Palin, Mitt Romney and now Donald Trump.
But... but... it's such an incredibly deep field!

The was Scotty, who was supposed to have liberals quaking in their boots!
Democrats are terrified of Scott Walker. They should be. « Hot Air Headlines

There was Bobby Jindal, the greatest policy wonk ever!
Bobby Jindal: the Republican candidate who once performed an exorcism - Telegraph

There's Kentucky Chainsaw Massacre Rand, the self-styled Mr. anti-Washington who is so desperate to stay in Washington that his campaign paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for the Tennessee GOP to hold a caucus, thereby allowing him a loophole to avoid the Tennessee law that would prevent him from running for President and the Senate at the same time!

But who rose to the top?

Donald 'Everything I do will be terrific! Oh, and totally fascist, too!' Trump, and Ben 'I brag about trying to kill people when I was younger!' Carson!

Last edited by Unsettomati; 11-26-2015 at 07:54 AM..

Old 11-26-2015, 07:43 AM

33,387 posts, read 35,009,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Unvarnished English? His syntax is more tortured than an Abu-Ghraib prisoner:

Remember that awful, widely ridiculed speech Sarah Palin gave a few months back? That's Trump on a good day!

Is it any wonder why the GOP won't stand behind him?
trump may have issues making public speeches, but the reason the GOP wont stand behind him is because they cant control him.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:04 AM

37,602 posts, read 19,463,704 times
I've said for months that I didn't think Trump was in it for anything but a good time and a Trump Enterprises commercial, and that he would pull out and leave the rest of the field standing there looking silly. What started out as a lark has gone beyond his control. I really think a lot of things such as suggesting camps for Muslims and tweeting neonazi propaganda are things he is doing to try to get the voters to reject him, but they seem set on following him down the racist rat hole he is digging.

He has lost the gay vote, the Jewish vote, the youth vote, and most of the ethnic votes. He is playing the show to lower-class ill-educated white Americans who get their news from FOX. Fortunately there aren't enough of them to actually elect him. It does speak volumes about what the GOP has come to stand for, however. Fascism still sucks.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:10 AM

39,186 posts, read 51,559,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
It'll happen (his fail). I think he even knows it.
Clearly. I think he will go third party in the end. His ego won't let him believe he lost, so he is already hedging his promise not to run third party by claiming the GOP is sabotaging him. He is probably at least partially right in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections